Saab Company Snapshot 2009
March 5, 2009 in Archive
You know Saab make cars and you know some of the main players in our favourite little Swedish carmaker.
Here’s some of the stuff you may not know.
With thanks to Djup Strupe.
Saab Automobile AB: SHORT FACTS
Established as an independent company: January 1, 1990, following a joint venture
agreement between Saab-Scania AB and General Motors, announced December 15, 1989. As from January 28, 2000, Saab Automobile AB is wholly owned by GM.
Managing Director: Jan Åke Jonsson
Head Office: Trollhättan, Sweden
No. of Employees: 4,108 (December 31, 2008)
No. of cars retailed 2008:
- Saab 9-3 Sedan/Kombi – 62,462
- Saab 9-3 Cabriolet – 11,142
- Saab 9-5 Sedan/Kombi – 15,819
- Saab 9-7X – 3,915
- Total – 93,338
Production and other facilities:
- Trollhättan: Headquarters, Technical development, Press Shop, Body Shop, Paint Shop and Final Assembly for Saab 9-5, Saab 9-3 and Cadillac BLS.
- Gothenburg: Finance, Sales, Marketing and Aftersales
- Nyköping: Central distribution center for spare parts and accessories
- Graz, Austria: Saab 9-3 Convertible: Manufactured by Magna-Steyr
Number of markets:
Saab Automobile AB is marketing and selling cars in more than 60 countries.
The Management Group:
- Jan Åke Jonsson, Managing Director of Saab Automobile AB
- Allan Rothlind, Director Personnel
- Anders Svensson, Director Saab Vehicle Line
- Anders Söderqvist, GME Design Business Manager
- Eric C Geers, Director Communications
- Håkan Skarin, Director Information Systems & Services
- Johan Formgren, Director Aftersales
- Gunnar Brunius, Plant Director
- Jörgen Nylén, Director Saab Vehicle Line
- Kjell AC Bergström, Executive Director, GM Powertrain Sweden AB
- Knut Simonsson, Director Saab Brand & Global Sales Operations
- Kristina Geers, General Counsel of Saab Automobile
- Lars Hägerborg, Finance Director
- Martin Larsson, GME Director Purchasing Sweden
- Mats Fägerhag, Executive Director GME Vehicle Systems & Engineering Center Sweden
The Board of Directors
Chairman of the Board
- Carl-Peter Forster, GM Group Vice President & President GM Europe
Representantives for General Motors Corp.
- Arturo S Elias, President GM Canada
- Jan Åke Jonsson, Managing Director, Saab Automobile AB
- Brent Dewar, Vice President, Sales, Marketing & Aftersales, GM Europe
- Enrico Digirolamo, CFO, Vice president Finance GM Europe
- Anette Hellgren, Unionen (Swedish Industrial Salaried Employees’ Association)
- Håkan Danielsson, CF/AF (Association of Graduate Employees) Deputy member
- Håkan Skött, IF Metall (Swedish Metal Workers’ Union) Deputy member
- Paul Åkerlund, IF Metall (Swedish Metal Workers’ Union)