AMS chart Saab’s possible future model timeline
July 30, 2009 in Saabology
Auto Motor and Sport have a big feature on Saab in their current issue. As part of that feature, they’ve cobbled together a look at what Saab’s future model timeline could look like.
AMS did spend some time in Trollhattan as part of the preparations for this big feature. How much this timeline is based on things they’ve heard there and how much is speculation on their part is unknown.
But the speculation sure is a lot of fun, nonetheless. It looks like I’ve got to save up for a new car in 2015!!
Click to enlarge.
My basic Swedish and general knowledge lead me to believe this is as follows:
- 2010 – New Saab 9-5 as shown in Frankfurt. New Saab 9-4 small SUV available in September. Facelift for the Saab 9-3, which will focus on the interior as per the 9-5.
- 2011 – In January, the new 9-5 Sportcombi. Start/Stop technology added to the 9-5 range.
- 2012 – an all-new Saab 9-3 and possibly a Saab 9-1, developed in co-operation with BMW/Mini. Something there about a Sport hybrid.
- 2013 – Possibility of a crossover vehicle based on the 9-5 SportCombi. All new Saab 9-3 convertible, maybe featuring the new roof system a-la the Saab 9-X Air.
- 2015 – Something at the top there that looks totally hot and custom built for ME!! And a new Sonett, which could be fun, too.
- 2017 – A third generation Saab 9-5.
That’s a nice timeline and I’m sure there will be plenty of other added features in that time to look forward to, as well.
Bring it on!
My thanks to Dippen for the scans!