We have some updated information on the Saab Support Convoys taking place on January 17th at various locations around the world – including a couple of NEW ones!!
Click here to visit the Saab campaigns website.
From Justyn at the Saab Club of Poland:
Our plan is to gather at 11.00 o’clock on the 17th January at the parking near a Broadcasting Station in the Center of Warszawa. . At around 12.00/12.30 o’clock we will form a big Saab Convoy through the city of Warszawa, going to the USA Embassy , GM Head Quarter in Warszawa, the Swedish Embassy and ending aprox. 14 o’clock on the park lot near a TV-station. We had already contact with Polish media and hopefully the local media will be there.
You can find out more details at the Saab Club of Poland website and there is also a Facebook page for this event.
Date: 17th January.
Meeting Point: IKEA Logan, Brisbane, Exit 23 Pacific Motorway, 3539-3565 Pacific Highway, Slacks Creek
- 8.30 – 9.30 am: Car parking at IKEA’s open-air car park (upper level), meet & greet, photo shoots
- 9.30 – 10.30 am: Breakfast/coffee at IKEA
- 10.30 am: Depart IKEA for Mt Coot-tha
What to bring:
- “Save SAAB” signs which you can download and print from here.
- Any SAAB paraphernalia (flags, stickers, caps, clothing, etc.)
- BYO tea, coffee, thermos and cups
- A picnic lunch if you wish
People wishing to attend should email Lars Salle at larscsalle-at-gmail.com for full details. Or they check out further details at the Saab campaigns website.
From Mark C, the organiser:
- Date: Sunday 17th (Hopefully it’s a bit cooler than this weekend)
- Meeting place: IKEA (near Adelaide Airport)
- Time: 10.00 am.
- Plan: To drive from Ikea to General Motors Holden at Elizabeth.
This will be a peaceful rally to show solidarity with our overseas counterparts and we don’t want to antagonize Holden workers, many of whom are still working short shifts. We want to save Saab. We don’t want to damage Holden!
I’m hoping to get 10 Saabs. That would be a good achievement for Adelaide.
If people want to know more about this one, email me (swade99-at-gmail.com) and I’ll forward your email on to Mark, who is the guy organising it.
Mark is hoping to get some Channel 10 TV coverage for the event, so it’d be great to get as many Saabers as possible attending.
I am told that the Saab Club of Latvia is also organising a convoy and hoping to attract around 60 vehicles.
The convoy will be crossing the capital and with stops at U.S. Embassy and Riga Motor Museum. They will try to attract local media attention and to feed in from LATVIA into the global picture of 17th January SAAB support events.
I don’t have a contact point for this one, but I assume the club website will have details.
The Dutch event – which is the one that started this whole thing off – is now well and truly overbooked and the guys are scratching themselves as to how they’re going to accommodate everyone.
If you’d like to add to their problems, the event website is here. Of course, only add to their planning problems if you really do intend to go. No mischief!
The Swedes will be meeting in Trollhattan in an event organised by the Saab Turbo Club of Sweden, but you don’t have to be a member of the STCS to come along. In fact, they’re hoping for 500 cars there – 10,000 meters of Saaby goodness!
The event website is here.
I’m told that drivers from the Saab Club of Denmark and the Two Stroke and V4 Club will be going over to join the Swedes, which is fantastic to see.
Some new information has come in about the English convoy. And don’t forget to watch the video at Bloomberg, featuring Erik Carlsson himself.
Details at a glance:
Participants list: Click here to add your name
Individual Saab owners from various areas meet at :
- From Midlands, Northern areas – 8.30am-9.00am M1 Jct 15a – Northampton Services (Rotherthorpe)
- From London, Kent and Essex areas - 9.00am-9.30am M25 Jct 23 – South Mimms Services
- From West, South-West areas – 8.00am-8.30am M4 between Jct 12 and 11 – Reading Services
- Proceed to Luton via M1, Jct 10
- 10.00 – 11.00 – Meeting of Saab owner convoys CAR PARKING and line up of cars at Stockwood Park, Discovery Centre London Road LU1 4LX Luton
- 11.00 – 12.00 – Time for meet and greet, Car Show, photo shoots, etc.
- 12.00 – > – Depart of Cavalcade for Drive by to the Saab UK Headquarters, Griffin House Osborne Road Luton Bedfordshire, LU1 3YT
- Proceed via A505 to Imperial War Museum, Duxford
- 13.00 onwards – Arrival at Duxford Museum and line-up of 50 cars
- Best examples of 62 years Saab car history in front of Wing Co Joe’s Café
- Raffle of Saab memorabilia
Full details and press release are available at the Saab campaigns page.