Saab dealer flyer – Truth or Dare

You know from comments in the last week or so that some Saab dealers are doing it tough. That goes worldwide, but particularly for some in the USA.

Darryl Carl is the dealer principal at New Salem Saab in Albany, New York, and many of you would have seen several lengthy contributions from Darryl in comments. In one comment, he mentioned the questions that he (still) gets asked more often than he’d like. As a result, he’s put the following flyer together to send out to clients and anyone else who he thinks might benefit from it.

I think it’s a great piece of initiative, covering off the basics of Saab’s sale, independence and the ongoing nature of the business. It’s a three-panel pamphlet addresses the five common questions he hears from clients and others.

Click to enlarge.

The front (would be folded in half)

The inside (when opened fully)

And the back (again, would be folded in half)

——

They’ve also made a series of individual flyers, with one question showing on each….

——

My thanks to Darryl for sending these on and allowing me to share them on site. As mentioned, I think it’s a great initiative. It’s good to have something that you can put in people’s hands to reinforce a conversation.

Just another small piece of the puzzle.

Darryl

Thank you SW! Feel free to comment. Pro and con. This is what makes Saab tick! Saabs United diversity..

maanders
maanders

At first I thought it might have been typo using “&” instead of “or” between “Truth” and “Dare”, as “Truth or dare?” is the more common phrase. But then as I read through the rest of the brochure, I realized that the information is not a choice between Truth and a Dare, but both….the truth about Saab and then how the brochure dares the reader to investigate further and learn more. Nicely done!

Excellent eye Sir,
We toggled over this a bit and decided to make it Truth? & Dare!. One reason was excatly as you said…a suttle reminder of the Truth and then to Dare you. Who can resist a dare? The other thought on this was it was something that resignates with folks during the growing up years! We have all played Truth or Dare so i though this would be a eye catcher that pulls you into the ad.

fred from chicago
fred from chicago

great piece darryl!

bornfromjets03
bornfromjets03

Great work Darryl!!

I wish more Saab dealers would get on board with selling the brand in new ways like this

mr_ebbot
mr_ebbot

Great initiative!

I espacially like the who buys a Saab. I think this is a good point to make in the loooooong run!

2natw
2natw

Well done. However, saying SAAB has these qualities of other automakers, especially luxury of a Mercedes is risky. For the Mercedes part, I mean, I come here everyday, so I love SAAB, but they don’t have the luxury of Mercedes. In general, I would hate to see SAAB become a luxury brand.

Darryl - New Salem Saab

Special thanks to Michele at the New Com Group for assiting me in constructing and altering and updating and correcting the flyer. Here is there information:

MJS Design and The Newcom Group –
Michele Shultis Graphic Designer – MJS Design http://www.themjsdesign.com Social Media Specialist/Designer

The Newcom Group http://www.thenewcomgroup.com

saabdude
saabdude

I think it’s a fantastic idea. Far better than SCNA is putting out…which isn’t much, sadly.

Hey Mike Colleran…are you listening? It’s about time to wake up and smell the coffee Sparky…while there is still a SCNA to pay your salary.

Smithy
Every kind of folder with relevant information about the stormy history are all verily welcome! People have earlier contributed with the idea of giving away an info-filled book with every new Saab sold. So that people can read all about the doom and gloom, see pictures from the rallies and Trollhattan, just another way to try to establish a deeper connection with the customer. By the way, what do you people think about this line in the folder: Saab has BMW performance, Mercedes luxury, Volvo safety and better AWD than Audi and Subaru! Saab has more for less. Saab never… Read more »
Bilskrot
Bilskrot

Well….it wouldn’t be my line. ;). Saab’s safety goes beyond of Volvo’s. Good initiative nonetheless.

Smithy

@Bilskrot

True. Så sant.

baas900i
baas900i

@ Smithy
“Mercedes-luxury” …nit picking….. its a real good attempt to clarify what’s going on at SAAB

Smithy

I guess your point is that I was excessively concerned with or critical of inconsequential details?

The line isn’t made up, it’s in the folder. :S

Darryl - New Salem Saab

I do not disagree….but as we’ve seen the opinions from the other two posts, Saab may need to enhance thier interiors some…. I also agree, that we’re not quite luxury of MB, but I needed to put something there….;-)

Smithy

It was just a detail, nothing to worry about.

I do like your paragraph about individuality and the whole ‘Move your mind’ concept in general – I recognize my self in that philosophy.

Then again, Saab has another approach to luxury don’t they? Blending it with sporty elements is another cup of tea. 🙂

Bravada

Make it Mercedes comfort and there you go!

PS. Use Gill Sans MT and leave the background white – not only more Saab, nicer and easier to read, but also you’ll save on ink 😀

Or just email me and I’ll spruce it up for you 🙂

sarah
sarah
pamphlets like this need the easiest points of reference or else people will not grasp it and pay attention. in selling cars, you usually have a very small window before people start shutting down… and with saabs, that window is much smaller than others. i grew up with both saab and mercedes and i would def say saab have mercedes level of luxury. id say of all the common premium brands mercedes are the most luxourious. just their buttons and gadgets are insane… the last car i sold was a mercedes clk500…. 5.8 liter engine in a 2000 pound coupe…… Read more »
Tomas TL1000R
Tomas TL1000R

That´s the spirit I like to se. I sure hope that Darryl and all other independent dealers
manage to survive and make some money, they worth it.

Troels, Denmark

A great initiative and idea!
Also nice to see how the “society” here – in the best sense – are giving inspiration to such initiatives and the way they are shaped.
My only critical question is: Are there to many pictures of the 9-4X – which you not yet are able to buy ??

Darryl - New Salem Saab
I have the same issue all the rest of the Saab SU ad competitors had. Adside from using pics on the wensite that are not such good quaility we have little to choose from. Saab USA has a website for dealers to use to get different types of media such as pictures and stuff. However, that arena which has the high res pics we needed, IMO does not have the type of pictures I was looking for. The pictures available are static pics that seem to me to be a bit boring. The 9-4X and the 9-5 are highly photographed… Read more »
Peter Gilbert
Peter Gilbert

This is a very simple but poignant brochure that can inform the people out there that there is a great alternative to what is out there. But most important, Saab is Alive!

Thylmuc
Thylmuc

Uhuh, not 100%. GM is still shareholder, maybe a big one at USD 325000000

Tim
Tim

GM owns prefered shared worth about $325,000,000. But that doesn’t mean they are a major share holder, cause they aren’t. If I remember it correctly they own less then 0.1% of Saab.

Bravada

You are being right here, Spyker did not purchase “100%” of Saab. Not to mention Saab is actually a group of separate companies.

Darryl - New Salem Saab

I do not want to be misleading or incorrect. How should it read to send the same message and still be accurate?

Bravada

“The famous Dutch supercar builder Spyker has purchased Saab Automobile AB from General Motors on February 23, 2011”

At your service 😉

Johan
Johan

Great Work!!

Oscar, from Barcelona

Congratulations Darryl!

I have read your well-thought comments and now I see the flyer… If I were living next to you, I am sure you would be my Saab dealer.

Keep the good spirit!

Ray Kopczynski

How much would it cost to send a sample-copy of the brochure to *every* USA dealer and make it available for them to also use?? We have ZERO Saab marketing of any kind out here that I can detect… 🙁

Ray Kopczynski
Oregon

Darryl - New Salem Saab
I’d be happy to email this to anyone. I have them all in PDF files. We must remember though this is not an approved ad by SCNA. However, we do need to spread the word.. The world needs to know Saab is alive! If you anyone would like copies of the files Email me at [email protected] I’ll happily share them. And BTW, if you think these are good. I’ve been working with Curvin on some other ideas, as he lives real close to me and the stuff that we have been working on is really, really, cool! Curvin is a… Read more »
Richard
Richard

Excellent, well laid out brochure Darryl. This really does need to get out to current and potential customers everywhere – here in Canada included. Hopefully SCNA goes for it or sanctions your work for distribution.

But…..before you do though – you will need to have your team proofread and correct a typo. In slide #6 there is a typo on the “Perfomance” tag. 🙂

Curvin O'Rielly
Curvin O'Rielly
Just to set the record straight, I had nothing to do with Darryl’s “Truth/Dare” idea. It’s true, however, that I’ve had long conversations with him, along with other Saab dealers and Saab loyalists, all of which have resulted in me having a deep, abiding interest in Saab’s long-term survival. In addition, some of the conversations have given me a clearer view of the big picture and a keener appreciation for the practical problems dealers like Darryl face every day. Once in a while during the conversations, I even find a nugget – a fact, an idea, a couple of words… Read more »
Paddan
Paddan

Darryl – good work and agreed that Curvin has the fire in his belly and the talent that should be hired by SCNA post-haste.

Sam Y
Sam Y

this is something SAAB should have developed right after the purchase, get the name out
they should have been hand delivered to Darryl right away

Do we know if any SAAB executive even looking at these posts?

Mike C
Mike C

What a nice job, well done Daryl.I wish I lived near your dealership. Problem is, you are the only dealer somewhat close to me doing anything…. Thank you for all of your idea’s and support.
You should open up a dealership in northern Westchester NY. You would do well with your can do attitude and energy… but I am sure you have your hands full with what is going on now.

Börjesson
This is great stuff! Exactly the kind of initiative that Saab needs right now. I love the tone, calmly self-confident without the usual hyperactive adspeak. Minor nitpicks, to try to get it even closer to perfection: 1) The inside, truth no 3: It should read “better AWD than Audi”. 2) The inside, truth no 4: There seems to be a space between “people” and the dot. 3) The inside, truth no 5: I think it’s spelled Joneses, not Jones’. (But I’m Swedish, so what the heck do I know! :)) 4) The “Is Saab still building cars” flyer: Perhaps you… Read more »
Darryl - New Salem Saab

Corrections are being made. I do appreciate all of your comments, additions, corrections and even the concerns!

Greg Abbott
Greg Abbott

Yes, it is “Joneses.” Good proof-reading!

Meghan Hawes

WELL DONE Darryl!!!!!!!!! What a great idea. How is the feedback so far at your dealership?

Darryl - New Salem Saab

We planned to goto print with this once we wre able to get some input. I am so grateful for everyones keen eye and important input! We will be having these printed and be handing them out to everyone I can in the next week or so!

I feel like standing at the door to the local mall and just saying here…welcome to Saab…and handing them one of these corrected versions.

So far the people I have shared them with here at the store really like the content…as it was the questions they were about to ask!

sarah
sarah
Ok I’ll come back to Albany if you let me hit up the malls… offer test drives to people, offer to drive them back to their cars in the parking lot. I ALWAYS wanted to do that as a salesperson. Imagine Price Chopper on Western Ave… all those older ladies walking with heavy bags back to their old Chevy Impalas and Toyota Avalons in the cold. Then you show up, Maam, as part of New Salem SAAB’s Christmas iniative, I would like to offer you a ride back to your car. Crossgates here come the SAABS (and the crazy people)!… Read more »
maanders
maanders

With the ad competition here, Darryl’s brochure and discussions on what type of ads Saab needs to run, this blog post at Jalopnik is timely, showing a TV ad from 1989 for the Saab 900 Turbo. Somehow, I think Saab has to recapture this vibe for their new models. This ad is simple, fun, and memorable.

Saab asks what becomes of the brokenhearted?

Jeff K
Jeff K

(This may have already been addressed in the comments above, so if it has, I don’t mean to pile on…)

Great idea, but not crazy about the execution. I’m sure money is tight but I think if you hired out to a local graphic designer they could improve the layout significantly. The font is all wrong, as is the background gradient, the skewing of the Saab logo, the photo placement, etc.

Again, really nice idea that will address brand image issues quickly and creatively, but it really should be designed by a pro. Cheers and good luck to you.

Quickening
Quickening

Depending on when you need this by…I could revamp this quite easily. I was an architecture/design major for three years and I’m still quite versed in Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign (the program this really should be done in…)

I’ll be done with Finals on Monday and then I could tackle this..I’d love to really.

Yerrun
Yerrun

Great initiative and fantastic that “WE, THE PEOPLE” can contribute to these types of actions!
TYPO’s: Only strange thing that nobody has noticed here: Shouldn’t it be “…better awd THAN audi” instead of THEN? Or are my English skills letting me down? 🙂 sorry if so! Thumbs up for New Salem!

Yerrun
Yerrun

Okay… Börjesson DID notice it a few minutes ago 🙂 Never mind!

J Fan
J Fan

Good stuff 🙂

Proactivity!

@Bravada

“The famous Dutch supercar builder Spyker has purchased Saab Automobile AB from General Motors on February 23, 2011″

Now that makes a statement! I like that a lot.

Thank you.

Thesandysaa
Thesandysaa

2010, yes???

Smithy

The Saab community should indeed be happy about this, I’m not talking about the actual selling (which also is splendid) but the buyer. I mean, Saab could have ended up in the same seat as Volvo being bought by giants in a land far away.

Spyker has similar roots and they’re an extremely luxurious car manufacturer – something to be proud about. Niches and concentrated products.

Does Salem Saab have a Spyker in their showroom? 😀

No Spykers in my showroom 🙁
Perhaps someday!

Bravada

Not at all, especially that it was in 2010… I am a fast typer, but a slow thinker… :p

Dan

Put me in the fantastic idea, poor execution column. I would so wish this to have an authentic Saab-issued appearance, which it definitely does not at this point.

Börjesson

I guess it’s inevitable to refer to http://www.saabusa.com? But it’s really a shame, after giving off such a good impression in the flyer. If it’s that complicated to get a new site up and running, couldn’t the guys at Saab HQ at least add a new front page? It could say something like this:

The new Saab USA site is still under construction. In the meantime, you’re very welcome to visit one of our other sites:
– the old Saab USA site (but please be advised that it isn’t entirely up to date)
– the international Saab site
– Saab UK

hughw
hughw
Not a bad idea. Someone earlier mentioned throwing up a stripped down site while the site with all the back-channel interfaces that Swade referred to as “software interfaces behind the scenes” are dealt with. But really, can’t they even keep the crappy site they have now up to date. I had mentioned before that there are two defunct dealers listed on the site in New York City. I emailed the contact link on the site about this several months ago and got a canned GM response. A week or so ago, I contacted Saab again using the link on the… Read more »
Börjesson
Me thinks that if the NA team gave a damm, they could at least fix some of the little things overnight, but it looks to me that there’s still a leftover GM mentality at work there. Agreed! Renaming the current front page “oldindex.html” or something, and putting up a new index.html containing a blank white page with just a Saab logo, the text and links I mentioned above, and possibly a “construction site” sign or similar, would be the work of ten minutes, tops. And I don’t see how it could possibly affect those pesky “software interfaces behind the scenes”.… Read more »
hughw
hughw
Perhaps “no-brainer” really means the opposite, and what they are doing is because there are no brains. I couldn’t agree with you more about getting an “under construction site” up immediately. There should definitely be a page or two up front carrying Darryl’s ideas that Saab is alive and well a step forward. Then Perhaps there’s a link to the international site so a potential buyer can see some pretty pictures to whet their appetite. Perhaps theirs a link to some PDF pages with lists of standard equipment and packages or a link to the existing Features and Specs pages.… Read more »

Maybe Darryl should head up SCNA!! I did notice one error though, “Saab has better AWD thenAudi…”

Already mentioned…pls delete Swade! 🙁

Sam Y
Sam Y

another matter now that everyone is on this post (sorry)
but since we are in Decemnber shouldn’t I be able to build my SAAB 95 on SAABUSA.com

that option is not there for the 95

Sam Y

Coggs
Coggs

Nice job Darryl. It’s just too bad you have so much time to respond to the many comments here rather than dealing with a line of customers at the door. But through this kind marketing, sponsoring the Fall Festival, and other efforts it really does show your passion for the brand.

Darryl - New Salem Saab

JC….Are you back int he States? Good to see your trip on FB…Sounds like you had a great time!!

I’m a little guy in a small town trying to save my world….Saab is VERY important to me and all the readers here on SU… Im honored that SW thinks my stuff is good enough to envoke thoughts and comments that help Saab along this part of our journey..

Great to hear from you… Thanks for the comment!

aZuL2001
aZuL2001

I’m a little guy in a small town trying to save my world

Just do it !

If it’s good for you, it’ll be good for Saab.

Coggs
Coggs

Amsterdam was great. Besides the history it was nice to look down a street and see so many different car makes represented. I miss the days of seeing the occasional Lancia, Fiat, Renault, Citroen, Opel, Merkur, etc. in the states.

SpinM
SpinM

Great initiative Darryl… just one well intentioned though: Saab has already taken some media beating for suposedly boring one colour dash. This has come so far that few people are even aware that all-black dash is not the only option. What about changing the interior pic on flyer 6 with ?

Darryl - New Salem Saab

I appreciate that… I agree that pic is way better and I’ll add that t the changes..We are working on the changes now from all the great comments here today!

Smithy

Whoa! Sweet!

Almost x-rated stuff… 😀

Top line interior of the best car Saab has to offer today.

Jasper
Jasper

Bravo.
THIS is a keeper!

Quijote
Quijote
I like your proactive approach. The message is quite strong as well. HOWEVER, if I may, the presentation/layout does have room for improvement. I think its important that marketing materials should be top notch, with an elegant design that is visually inspiring and professional. Unfortunately, we have the best case study in the automotive industry with SaabUSA.com If you’d like, I wouldn’t mind giving you a hand in this department with my compliments. I’m not a graphic designer but do know Photoshop and InDesign layouts pretty well and can already think of some adjustments. Let me know if you think… Read more »
aZuL2001
aZuL2001

I Guess Darryl just missed the competition here, this would have made an excellent entry. 😉

Compliments from Holland.
I think Victor could appreciate this kind of entrepeneurship.

Go for it ! It’s your bussiness.

Swade

Ooooh you just got me in a lot of trouble 🙂

Actually, there was an unofficial “no dealers” rule for the ad competition, because they should be accustomed to doing some form of advertising on a regular basis. Also, the fact that Darryl was one of the sponsors of the competition also ruled him out, too.

aZuL2001
aZuL2001

🙂

He didn’t stick to the assignment.
One page magazine size.

But a leaflet could be an excellent spring SU assignment 😉

lol SW!
We agreed that it would be inappropriate for me to contend…

However before I did this one….i was really out of the “box”

I hand built a brochure……and Yes it had a pop-up in it!!
see it here :http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/photo.php?fbid=1689758174252&set=a.1420861051992.55020.1546668063

Im a Saab guy….I dont fit into a box…..lol

oppsie

try this :

fail 🙁

Iiari
Iiari

I know I’m late to comment on this but, Daryl, those flyers are absolutely outstanding! Easily the best marketing effort I’ve seen regarding Saab in a long while. Every dealer in the nation should download the pdf’s you’ve generously made available and send them out to everyone on their mailing list. Congratulations!

Curvin O'Rielly
Curvin O'Rielly

Darryl…
I’ll help you check for typos, etc. It’s the least I can do… especially if you’re going to print the piece!

Esone
Esone

Take this brochure, simplify it into a mini poster/ flyers. Saab approve, and distribute to retailers worldwide. Drive with the new Saab into the parking spaces in cities. Place flyers under wipers at the Volvo, Audi, Saab, MB, BMW and Subaru.

How about giving some flyers to Saab customers. We will be happy to place them in the right cars. A cheap way to show the world and car enthusiasts that we are still alive.

maanders
maanders

It would get the word out, but….some people take a negative attitude to flyers being left on their car and then focus that attitude against the company. Question is would this bring in more customers to the dealers than it might keep away?

Darryl - New Salem Saab
Ladies and Gents, I am so pleased with todays activities…And truely appreciate ALL of the comments. I’m getting ready to go home. Its boys night. (i have twins, boys, 5yrs) My wife bowls on Tuesday so we get to do “boys night”. I will be watching and trying to comment if needed….on the Iphone…which is tougher then my laptop… A revsion is currently about completed with most all of the suggestions you have all made.. I will happily share this via email to whomever, whereever you are in the world. My goal is the same as yours: To show the… Read more »
CraigSu
CraigSu

Darryl:

Re: question 4, under the Truth section, it should read “oriented”, not “oreintated”. You’re looking for the adjective use here (oriented), not the verb use (orientated). Haven’t seen anyone else mention this.

Darryl - New Salem Saab

Excellent. Thats is good….and we thought #4 was the only one we got right….lol…Thanks

meg haviland
meg haviland

Great concept Darryl. Would love to get the PDF of this to use if that’s OK 😉

Darryl

@Meg h. Of course. Sorry it’s slow. Keep us informed on the Saab chevy sales. And push the Saab!!!

Bravada from GMI
Two things TEMP WEBSITE I am afraid the current website, as ugly, outdated and GM-like as it is, is a full-fledged manufacturer’s website, with (partially available) configurators, dealer search and a lot of other features you’d expect. A website saying “under construction” or just providing information that Saab is still alive 8 months after the transaction would give an even more “temporary” feeling and make people question whether Saab is seriously in business in the US. That said, there is a ready engine in the form of the International Saab site, also used by many countries such as Sweden and… Read more »
Börjesson
A website saying “under construction” or just providing information that Saab is still alive 8 months after the transaction would give an even more “temporary” feeling and make people question whether Saab is seriously in business in the US. I disagree. A temporary website is far from ideal, obviously, but at least it shows that something is being done. The old site will still be there, a click away, so no information is lost, but the visitor will view the old site armed with the knowledge that the info may be outdated and is almost certainly incomplete. The current website,… Read more »
Bravada from GMI
I disagree. If your house is messy, does saying “oh, excuse me that my house is messy, but I do intend to clean up at some point” leave a better impression with the guests? This is just an excuse. Excuses are the very worst thing. If you don’t have the time or whatever other circumstances prevent you from keeping your house tidy, don’t invite guests. Saab is in no position NOT to invite guests, just as you can’t lead a social life not answering your phone or emails or talking to people. So, they need to clean up the house… Read more »
Darryl - New Salem Saab
Thanks. I think you have some good ideas…and I agree I’m no expert at this, just trying to do my part for the information pamphlet…It does really need to be more professional looking “Saab” style design and it would be nice to get this sort of thing from them. But at this point, aside from selling cars and staying afloat, I’m not sure what they are looking for nor the time lines to get that sort of stuff completed… I like the idea of marketing t parked vehicles, but Im always afriad someone will have some issue with it somewhere… Read more »
Curvin O'Rielly
Curvin O'Rielly
To Darryl (and anyone else who’s considering using Darryl’s piece)… Stuffing your pamphlet under windshield wipers in parking lots will absolutely positively make you “the talk of the town” – but in the wrong way! Think about what will happen when the wind blows discarded pamphlets around. You won’t be seen as a local car dealer trying to sell a car or two but rather as one of your community’s major litterers. Saab’s good name will be muddied, too, along with Spyker’s, possibly even VM’s and JAJ’s. If you’re going to use the pamphlet, use it as a direct mail… Read more »
Bravada
Darryl, I can’t help but admire your exemplary enthusiasm and entrepreneurship! That’s what Saab needs on all levels – not only from the dealers. Dealers are the ones whose lunch depends on whether they sell or not, so they have no other option. Too bad working in a corporate job removes you from this acute sense of urgency. There are some corporations who can preservere/reinstate it, and that’s what Saab needs to nurture. As concerns targeting Audis et al. at parking lots – just ask or check out! You’re thinking flyers anyway. I don’t think this is the best solution,… Read more »
Darryl - New Salem Saab
Thank you Captain Obvious…aka Bravada! lol… You are so correct on many levels….I as a dealer need to continue to push for my store as well as our brand. and as aZuL2001 said below, this may have come in part from frustration in waiting and waiting, but in part was due to the SU ad Comp. Aside from what SCNA does or doesn’t do (and remember we do not know all the reasons why, hell we know more about the moon then the deepest parts of the ocean) I must continue to push the brand and be aware that I… Read more »
DickL
DickL
Darryl, Great stuff!! You have hit the nail squarely on the head. I wish you were my dealer in CA! I got a brochure from Beverley Hills Saab in the mail last week [my closest dealer] it had a couple of photos of the new 95 on it, but it was a Goodwrench brochure telling me to bring my Saab in for service and with some coupons inside. You would have thought they would have mentioned what that beautiful new car in the photos might be! No mention of test driving the new 95 no “Saab is back” . What… Read more »
Beren Erchamion
Beren Erchamion

That’s great!

But they forgot the “double dog dare” and the dreaded “triple dog dare”. lol

skivt
skivt

Darryl- I thought Saab USA came up with a direct mail piece recently, sending out flyers promoting sales and service. What kind of response did you get?

Darryl - New Salem Saab

neither campaign had an impact.

I assume you’re speaking of the “Come Back” service campaign and the current make a wish?

aZuL2001
aZuL2001
Reflection after enthusiasm is a good thing. True, certain issues should have been addressed much earlier (website, sign of life f.i.). But that did not happen (except in the UK, the Rebjörn thing). The why is something we can only guess since we don’t have the info. This dealer flyer initiative, just as the ad competition last month, is the result of a “stop waiting, let me do something now” feeling. Maybe not ideal when viewed from the global viewpoint, but very understandable from a local viewpoint. If, as it seems to happen here already, the community / ambassadors of… Read more »
Börjesson

Here’s a thought: How about undersigning these leaflets with New Salem Saab and its URL instead of with saabusa.com? Then the not entirely Saab-standardized look is not a problem anymore, the brochure will be seen for what it is – a local initiative. Also, people who want to learn more will check out Darryl’s site instead of the offputting old official site. And, of course, any other dealers who want to use the flyers can change to their own name and URL before distributing them.

Darryl - New Salem Saab

At first this was an ad for the SU compitition…..but now it has taken on a whole new life…

As you suggested I will be changing the back page and adding my dealerhsip information. This does solve some of the issues and certainly doesn’t confuse anyone that this is a dealership flyer and not manufacture flyer.

Excellent point and idea!

DC

aa
aa

You should NEVER EVER compare yourself to others when trying to sell something.

I don’t buy a car because it almost has BMW performance, almost has Mercedes luxury, almost Volvo safety (and btw Saab has better safety than Volvo). That’s a second pick in all categories!

aa
aa

“100% of Saab was sold to a Dutch supercar maker called Spyker”

By saying this you are reinforcing the message that Spyker is an odd and unknown brand. This may be true, but do you want to give that message to the customer?

If you had a bit of self confidence you would say

“100% of Saab was sold to Dutch supercar maker Spyker Cars N.V.”