Saab smaller market sales data – December 2010

UPDATED!!

It’s sales data time again. Thanks to BoeBoe for many of them in comments and others via email.

Taiwan

December: 66 (+0,81% vs 61 from 2009)

Full year 2010: 390 (-1,51% vs 396 from 2009)

Thanks Alan!

Germany

December: 131 (+70,13%)

Full year 2010: 2010: 788 (-37,71%)

There were 68,551 Saabs registered in Germany on January 1st 2010 (-3.34%, market share 0,16%, total amount of registered cars in Germany: 41,737,627) in comparison to January 1st 2009 (70,920, market share 0,17%).

Luxembourg

Dec 2010 – 5

Year 2010 – 56 (70 in 2009)

Slovenia

November – 2 (3 in 2009)
December – TBA
Jan-Nov 2010 – 12 (22 in 2009)

Thanks Marko!

Norway

December: 76 (26) +192%
Year: 390 (420) -7%

Canada

Total 2 vs 53 (-96,23%)

Total 2 vs 777 (-99,74%)

Russia

Total 0 vs 33 (-100%)

2010 vs 2009
Total 197 vs 368 (-46,47%)

Switzerland

December (’10 vs ’09)
Total 107 vs 51 (+109,80%)

2010 vs 2009
Total 628 vs 714 (-12,04%)

France

December (’10 vs ’09)
Total 110 vs 101 (+8,91%)

2010 vs 2009
Total 574 vs 1.585 (-63,79%)

Spain

From Cardoso, via email….

Hi, Swade,

I send you the Spanish sales of Saab of December. This month Saab sold 119 cars in Spain (there were 115 in December 2009).

The final sales for 2010 were 755 cars (1.577 in 2009).

Nevertheless, the figures are growing pretty good in the last few months here in my country. If my memory doesn’t fail, 36 cars were sold in August, 63 in September, 69 in October, 81 in November and, finally, 119 in December.

Italy

From Carlo, via email….

Sales in Dec 2010 were 99 (Dec 09: 127; -22%)

Total Sales in 2010 were 633 (total 2009: 1891; -52%)

My guess is that 99 would definitely be the highest monthly total for 2010 in Italy. Even if the total number for the year is down, the trend is on the way back up.

Netherlands

From BoeBoe, via comments:

9-3 6 vs 2 (+200%)
9-5 2 vs 3 (-33,33%)
Total 8 vs 5 (+60%)

9-3 339 vs 422 (-19,67%)
9-5 191 vs 96 (+98,96%)
9-7X 0 vs 3 (-100%)
Total 530 vs 521 (+1,72%)

That’s still alarmingly low for the Dutch market.

Belgium

Total 69 vs 50 (+38%)

2010 vs 2009
Total 1.090 vs 1.259 (-13,42%)

Portugal

Total 8 vs 7 (+14,29%)

2010 vs 2009
Total 31 vs 121 (-74,38%)

Finland:

Dec 2010: 42

Full year 2010: 199 (371 in 2009)

——

I’ll add more countries as they come in.

BoeBoe
The thing that “worries” me is that when you compare the numbers of December in these small countries they are not better in 2010 than in 2009. We all know that in 2009 “the world” thought that Saab “was dead” (some people still do), so it is not hard to understand why sales in December 2009 were very low. But I don’t understand why they aren’t much much higher in December 2010. – We have the new 9-5 – New clean diesels in Europe – The world is realising that Saab is still alive – There has been a lot… Read more »
Carl-Henrik
Because there is a delay in the movement upwards? Buying a car is not buying a new cell phone. It’s a big investment and if the air is filled with news that GM is going to sell Saab or close it down it does not just go away from people’s minds right after the deal with Spyker was sold. Also, Saab has said that the production was going smootly first in the 3rd quarter of 2010. So yes, there is a delay in everything. And as Saab is selling cars on orders and not to build stock, there is of… Read more »
Paul Guinnessy
Paul Guinnessy

You just have to look at the Wall Street Journal (Life & Style section for last week) in which a Saab owner asks in their ask the motorist section whether its safe to buy a 95 or what alternative should he be looking at, as its a risk to buy one (I can’t understand why). Although I don’t agree 100% with the response, the journalist said that if you like Saab’s you weren’t going to be able to find a similar car elsewhere.

Carl-Henrik

Yes, and that is just what I think is still present. People seem uncertain to buy cars from a manufacturer that was almost closed. People who are not interested in the motor industry do not know everything about the status for Saab, like we do here.

TuuSaR
TuuSaR

“But I don’t understand why they aren’t much much higher in December 2010.”

I would say that car sale is 80% about emotion and image and 20% about technical product. Saab’s brand image was totally wrecked but sales are slowly improving as human brain forgets the bad days. During pre-crisis, Saab simply had more emotion based casual buyers than nobody guessed.

Car sales in Finland:
2010: 199
2009: 371

Pat h
Pat h

Don’t forget in December 2009 there would have been a lot of enthusiasts buying saabs to show their support :).

Red J
Pat, I don’t think there were just enthusiasts, but also people that know about the qualities of the cars and where hopping for a big deal on the last Saabs. Furthermore in December the cars registered were more likely bought two months ago where the K’egg deal was almost done. The contract for my car was signed in Dec. 2009, the car was build end January or beginning of February and delivered in March. So the numbers of last December do not represent the status of Saab in Dec. 2009. I’ve checked the preliminary data from Austria, and the numbers… Read more »
Robert P
Robert P

I read lots of comments on Saab news whenever I can read it, so Dutch, German, French and English comments. Maybe someone can explain me (while guality of the cars is being mentioned here) why Saab in the US and UK markets are considered to be unreliable, while in other markets they’re known to be very good.
I know there were some black sludge and T7 issues back in the early 2000’s, but that wasn’t concentrated to countries.

Paddan
Paddan

I don’t understand it either – my US spec ’07 9-5 Aero Dame Edna SC and ’09 9-3 Aero XWD SC have been virtually refill gas, change oil and go. Indeed they have been among the best marques I’ve owned and I’ve owned mostly Saabs, but Audis, VWs, Porsches, M-Bs, BMWs. These are fantastically good cars. Even that awful Consumer Reports has recommended post 2004 Saabs in the past based on their service history.

NZSAAB
NZSAAB

In New Zealand anything with the Saab name attached is labeled “Avoid like the plague” or “not recommended” .

We have a buyers guide called Dog and Lemon. They give any excuse to put Saab down and in addition only give its safety an “ok”

Robert
Robert

I think that the Dutch salesnumbers for the 9-5 will grow when the estate version has been launched. Robert.

Robert P
Robert P
They won;’t if they don’t do anything about pricing. We’re about to choose a new leasecar now and were looking for the Saab 9-5. In the lease configurator both the Mercedes Benz E and Audi A6 were about 7% cheaper on leasing and like 1000 euro cheaper for taxes then the closest 9-5. This is the reason Saab doesn’t do well in the Netherlands. They should come up with a lease-only configuration and lower prices, else the Dutch market stays this low. Same thing with the 9-3. There’s even more distinction in leaseprices a month between the 9-3 and the… Read more »
Tomas TL1000R
Tomas TL1000R

I agree Robert!
VM should se to that the leasecar deals getting competetiv to its oponents. “Pull down his pants and ensure that the market lifts” The potential is reachable if Saab pricing is the same but if its higher it would be harder to make it lift to a greater level. If VM want to make money in Holland a good way is to sell cars at a fair price not to high even if the profit would be less/car. Am I right or what.

Belgium
Total 69 vs 50 (+38%)

2010 vs 2009
Total 1.090 vs 1.259 (-13,42%)

Portugal
Total 8 vs 7 (+14,29%)

2010 vs 2009
Total 31 vs 121 (-74,38%)

bert z
bert z
in my idea the problem is the competition. people reading SU are Saab enthusiasts and as such pretty biased like me, love can blind you can’t it? Truth of the the matter is that non saab afficionados also have to be persuaded to buy a saab and that’s exactly where the trouble starts. The 95ng competes head on with audi’s new A6, same pricerange but choice of almost 25 different engines. better build-quality better interior better fit/finish. another premium brand is bmw with the new 5, 6cylinder for same price as saab 4. or mercedes E class with again huge… Read more »
Carl-Henrik

Yes, we are biased in a way, but also – prices changes depending on market. With the standard options on the 9-5.. then add those non-standard things on the BMW or the Mercedes and the prices on those goes up… do not forget that.. 😉

Red J

Bert just two points,
The new A6 will be offered only with 4 engines not 25. Maybe you can get a 6cyl Beemer for the price of a Saab 4, but it doesn’t perform better only because it has more cylinders.

I really don’t understand people that call themselves Saab enthusiast, but think every other product is better. I know that Saab doesn’t have no google street-view gizmos, but you don’t have to pay extra for the sun radiation sensor for your AC. Which of both do I need the most ??

Tompa
Tompa

“The 95ng competes head on with audi’s new A6, same pricerange but choice of almost 25 different engines. better build-quality better interior better fit/finish.”

According to….? Well, not according to quite a few journalists.

And looking at Swedish figures and equipment for the base 184 hp E-klasse compared to a standard 220hp 9-5 I stoped comparing when the E-klasse was +100.000 more than the 9-5…

Cheers/Tom

Nissi Len
Nissi Len

I was googling Canadian sales figures, and the following figures for November 2010, and figures said SAAB had lost 100% of its sales in Canada. Are all SAABs sold 2010, already pre-registered in 2009?

Bernard
Bernard

Saab Canada did not have any stock in November. The first deliveries in almost two years took place in mid-December.
The new Saab organization did not inherit any remaining unsold stock from GM Canada, as far as I know (you see the odd “used” 2009 Saab with no KM on it being sold by GM dealerships), so they really are starting from zero.

Sicky
Sicky

Wards projected sales US december (usually correct)

521

Finnboy
Finnboy
I don’t know what the sales data is for the U.S. market but the inventories of the dealerships have been stocked and the Saab advertising in the major newspapers is increasing in frequency. This is a positive change from 2009 when the deals (up to $8500. US dollars off) being advertised were driven by the possible liquidation of Saab. The new 9-5 has received pretty good reviews in the U.S. and it will take time for the sour taste of GM stewardship to disappear. At least here in the U.S. you are seeing the Saab name appearing more and more.… Read more »
Specht
Specht

We have to consider the global crisis to understand these bad sales data. 2011 should be better, due to 9-5 sells and the news 9-4X.

ivo 71
ivo 71

I would expect a sharp rise in sales numbers in January 2011 in the Netherlands, it’s customary here to register new cars in January because when you sell the car later, you can advertise it as being ‘a year younger’. What a difference -even- a day makes….

Moreover, there are quite a few people here who have ordered a new 9-5 during 2010 but are still waiting for it to be delivered. I believe cars are only considered sold here after having been delivered and registered to the new owner.

Ivo

Tim
Tim

I can’t find any information on whether these number are registrations or salesnumbers… But I guess it’s registrations as there’s always a sharp rise in January.

They are registrations.

erik3000
erik3000

Italy

Sales in Dec 2010 were 99 (Dec 09: 127; -22%)

Total Sales in 2010 were 633 (total 2009: 1891; -52%)

This must be wrong, 633 against 1891 is less than 52 %,,,,, Can I hope it´s down 52% from 1891, meaning about 900 cars sold in italy 2010 ?

ANother question, how far are we from the 30 000 cars? I I add all the cars here and sweden I get;
8647
633
755
530
1090
199

That is 11885. Another 18115 cars is neeeded from other market. Where may they come from?

Carl-Henrik

With the number for the markets I have here in front of me I the numbers I’m up to for 2010 is a total of 25.416 cars. But then remember that I do lack information from some markets (as the UK and others).

Red J

Carl-Henrik
What I have sums up to 23.723 cars in 12 countries, but for some countries the December numbers are still missing.
My numbers are as follows
Sweden 8647
UK 5148
US 5445
Belgium 1090
Spain 755
Germany 657
Italy 633
Holland 530
Switzerland 521
Finland 199
Austria 98
Portugal 31

The ones in italics are only jan-Nov, and the Austrian numbers are only preliminary ( they only include registrations till the 20th of December)

Carl-Henrik

Our numbers do not match.
For Spain I have 724 cars for 2010. NL – there I have 533 cars.
Beside your numbers there I also track Denmark, Poland, and Greece.
I think we should team up if you want if you want to gather sales numbers. I have some ideas that might work well with SU now when you’re “in charge” of the numbers.. 😉

Red J

My NL numbers are the ones provided by BoBoe
And the Spain numbers are the ones from this post.

BTW, if you say hallo in any of my post, I will get your e-mail address. 😉

Carl-Henrik

BoeBoe.. superthanks!!! There we clearly see the low numbers in December 09 as well. I’m so curious how January 2010 will develop for Saab NL.

Carl-Henrik

Oh, and do not France where the numbers are 464 cars during January-November (waiting for the December numbers).

Nissi Len
Nissi Len
I have also tried to calculate this figure. Canada escapes me (se my question about why zero official SAAB registrations in Canada above!) but I have included estimates for UK (5 800?) etc. My estimate on these figures is 27 000 SAAB, plus maybe some hundreds for minor Asian markets SAAB has three major markets Sweden 8 647, US 5 445 and UK 5 800 (my est?), together about 20 000 SAAB, then Belgium, Germany, France, Italy, Spain sell between 500 -1000 SAAB, and then we have all small remaining markets selling today 1 – 500 SAAB SAAB is a… Read more »
Nissi Len
Nissi Len

Please drop my comment above time
January 5, 2011 at 7:45 am

Red J has much better and detailed comment above mine . 🙂

Carl-Henrik

Yep, I have those numbers as well in a spread sheet in front of me right now. The UK numbers for December will be presented in a week or two, then we also should have numbers from the “major” small markets… 😉

Sicky

Finland
December: 42 (17) +147%
Year: 199 (371) -46%

Norway
December: 76 (26) +192%
Year: 390 (420) -7%

9-3: 48 in December, 246 in 2010 (336)
9-5: 28 in December, 144 in 2010 (84)

Carl-Henrik

Do you in any way think you could supply me with the number per month for both 2009 and 2010 for Norway?

Niklas D
Niklas D

Probably yes… stay tuned for a while!

Niklas D

Canada
Total 2 vs 53 (-96,23%)

Total 2 vs 777 (-99,74%)

Russia
Total 0 vs 33 (-100%)

2010 vs 2009
Total 197 vs 368 (-46,47%)

Switzerland
December (’10 vs ’09)
Total 107 vs 51 (+109,80%)

2010 vs 2009
Total 628 vs 714 (-12,04%)

France
December (’10 vs ’09)
Total 110 vs 101 (+8,91%)

2010 vs 2009
Total 574 vs 1.585 (-63,79%)

Gerhard
Gerhard

Polen
December: 17
Total 2010: 164

Ireland
December: 3
Total 2010: 83

BoeBoe

Your number for Ireland is not correct. Saab sold only 1 car in December. They ended 2010 with 81 sales (2009: 99).

Harry

2007 168
2008 201
2009 70
2010 56

TuuSaR
TuuSaR

I cant remember was this the original topic where I posted those 2010, 2009 Finland figures but they are yearly if somebody got them confused.

Like Niklas already said, actual December 2010 is 42 cars in Finland.

Ralph
Ralph

Looking forward to the numbers from exactly a year after the production restarted. Those would be (even) more telling.

Michael
Michael

I’m sure the car sales will soon be like turbo boost!!!
Nothing……nothing………a theeeennn…….!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
🙂

maanders
maanders
I don’t remember if this had been mentioned here on SU yet, but here is another measure of Saab brand perception in the USA, according to a December poll conducted by Consumer Reports. I know a lot of folks here do not care for CU’s auto reviews and opinions, but this survey was just to measure brand perception, which they say includes awareness, perceived qualities, etc. In the section that explains how the poll was conducted, it seems pretty fair. Rather than give participants a list of car brands, they asked people about various qualities of cars and car companies… Read more »
GerritN
GerritN
Here is the direct link to the report: http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/cars/new-cars/news/2011/01/2011-car-brand-perception-survey/overview/index.htm Now, first I have to say that Consumer Reports shouldn’t have never, ever published this report. CR used to be about objectively reporting about products to the consumer. This report is about PERCEPTION, in short ‘how do you feel about a product while even you have no idea what it is’. This, imho, is the ultimate bullshit production, it reeks after CR trying to save money by not testing things properly while still producing reports. However, Saab in the US has to deal with this negative perception. Just compare Saab and… Read more »
BoeBoe

@Swade, the numbers mentioned for Slovenia are nog correct!

The sales numbers for Decembers (2 & 3) are the numbers from November. The numbers for December are not known yet.

SpinM
SpinM

Very observant of you. I intend to add to data as soon as December sales are known. At that time I’ll also provide info on how many 9-3, 9-3x and 9-5 models were sold. Thank you!

SpinM
SpinM

December data for Slovenia appeared only today: no new Saabs were sold in December, so complete annual sales is 12 cars: 9-3 (8 cars), 9-3X (1 car) and 9-5 (3 cars).

OddJob
OddJob

Total 2010 sales are 32,048 according to di.se

Carl-Henrik

Yes, finally Dagens Industri has to admit that Saab did reach it revised goal for 2010.
I find it interesting that in the final quarter Saab managed to sell 11.448 cars, which I can’t help to use as a lever for a good start of 2011. 🙂

Red J

I don’t know, but I would rather believe the press release of Saab. 😉
It seems like di.se got a little bit confused with the real sales figures from Saab.

Total sales are 28,284.
At least if you look at retail sales (what all normale car companies do)

Patrick
Patrick
I don’t now if I was a (Belgian) representative Saab driver, but after 3 Saabs (900, 9-3 and a 9-5 Estate), I now drive a BMW 530D Gran Turismo (I love hatchbacks). I think the patience of a lot of Saab drivers has come to an end. The launch of the 9-5 took a long time, the launch of the Estate is rather vague and the 9-4X has no diesels. A lot of people have already chosen for an other car, and the patient 9-5 drivers normally have already bought a new 9-5. That’s why I ‘m rather pessimistic after… Read more »
Carl-Henrik
Of course you are right in that point that several former Saab owners have moved on. And yet there are still people who tend to buy a new car, and if Saab wasn’t even sold it wouldn’t be possible to buy any. But now Saab is still there and is slowly increasing again after 2008-2009. It’s a small rise compared to other larger producers. I will not say that the struggle is over (I do not think any one here would say that). Now the first year is behind us, now we focus on the second. With almost 1/3 of… Read more »
Ken H
Ken H

Hopefully you are not representing too much, because jumping from Saab to a 5-series GT is reason for concern. What an utterly hideous car, the GT…

Ireland
81 (2010) vs 99 (2009) -18,18%

J Fan
J Fan
@Gerhard/BoeBoe, Think that was SIMI’s fault as they’re always tardy updating. Think the 3 refers to November. I suspect that 1 whole car is a dealer special as well 🙁 Given that they’ve had some half-page colour ads in the Sunday papers, running for months now, it’s hard to believe how bad these figures are. Obviously January is the important month in Ireland, so I’ll try and reserve judgement… The weather in December was Ireland’s worst for quite a while, and in the UK, too, so that *must* be considered. I’m not a fan of all this +150% stuff etc.… Read more »
J Fan
J Fan

I see that, in Ireland, even Alfa, Daihatsu, Jaguar, Jeep, Smart and a few others sold 0 cars in December…!

Others with that magic 1 car sold: Volvo!

So, seems fair enough, can’t wait to see what January brings, crunch time for Saab Ireland.

SAAB_andee
SAAB_andee

I think people in Ireland have other problems in the moment than buying a new car.

J Fan
J Fan

Just saw a 2011 registered Chevrolet not two minutes ago 😉

I know a few people hoping to buy this year, too. Every little helps 🙂

SAAB_andee
SAAB_andee

a chevy daewoo or an original chevy ?
chewoos were in an different pricerange than saabs

J Fan
J Fan

sigh… what does it matter? I’m just saying that people will buy new cars.

In 2010, Mercedes still sold over 2000 cars in Ireland, so did BMW (2493) and Audi (2723). Only a couple of years ago, Saab did the same. It’s not big numbers, but there is potential for Saab to sell at least a couple of hundred cars in Ireland. Given that their numbers are so small, every market matters.

Kjell Erik
Kjell Erik

“The 93 has been around for years and in spite of beeing still attractive, the germans and lexus drive circles around it, they just deliver better engineering for your money. until the new 93 comes along hopefully next year Saab will remain in trouble.”

I don’t agree. The 9-3 is fully competitive. I bet its safer than the current 3 series. Its better equipped, has more power for the money, and has better fuel economy than most of its competitors. Its not as flashy as its competitors and i like it.

Paddan
Paddan

+1 – Agree with you Kjell!

Gaijp
Gaijp

The current 9-3 is fully modern and the best looking middle class sedan of all makes!

John K
John K

Did the 9-3 get dropped from the recommeded list in the latest Consumer Reports? What’s the scoop?

Thanks!

Red J

What happens when Australians talk about an European Crown princess??

Well they concentrate on the most important pieces of information. 😉

The heavily pregnant Crown Princess of Denmark, who is due at any time, got behind the wheel of her Saab station wagon yesterday to pick up her children and pet dog from a play date with their cousins.

David
David

I read the article and it is quite impressive that an “expert” can make such statements without even knowing the business plan. SImply amazing.

Red J

I don’t think Mr. Karlsson is the one to blame, he only answers what the Swedish press (TT) asks him.

The question is, why did the Swedish press ask him, knowing that he is very sceptical towards Saab?

Is Saab having too good results?

tmjr
tmjr

I guess I’m confused, didn’t VM just say that they didn’t need to issue any more stock because they didn’t need the money. And yet, they don’t have the resources to mount a serious AD campaign? Instead of offering deep discounts off the sticker price, that money should go towards getting the word out that SAAB is still alive.

Loma
Loma

Donno much about the other markets, but comparing the Dutch figures with the Belgians ones, there’s something wrong.

Jörgen Trued - SUHRT
Jörgen Trued - SUHRT

Lets hope someone (SAAB) is doing some multidimensional analysis of the present situation. Just looking at blunt percentage numbers say very little. If anything at all.
Look at
– population figures
– income distribution
– market segment penetration
– competitors sales penetration
– knowledge of brand existence
– dealership positions geographically
– servicepoint networks
– what PR activities that has worked/not worked
– any collaborations with local Saab Communities
– any motor-sport presence / sports / cultural activities
– support to non-profit organizations local social involvement

This is just a few bullets that can help us understand the sales figures better.

Jörgen Trued - SUHRT
Jörgen Trued - SUHRT
Business headlines tonight in both Svd and DN written by TT Google translated Saab’s future questioned Published: January 6, 2011, 17:05. Last Modified: January 6, 2011, 17:17 Saab Automobile reached its sales target last year. However, over time the race is run for the automaker, consider a heavy automobile expert. Beginning of 2010, Saab management with a sales forecast of 60 000 cars. Reality looked different. Two hefty downward revisions followed. From 45 000 in August to 30000-35000 in October. The final figure was 32 048 cars. According to Spyker CEO Victor Muller, was one of last year’s biggest challenges… Read more »
Joe
Joe

Tragic that a professor thinks that 2010’s sales numbers are what lies ahead during the coming years and that the only possibility to access new tech would be to develop everything for themselves. Even worse that such BS is published in alarming articles designed to scare people/buyers. Unfair.

Dippen
Dippen

sigh..negativ energy from a bloody professor .

We have a new year.. new products in the line…and new energy after the x-mas holiday. Now it is time for some hard work.

what we have to do is prove them wrong,and to say that Saab is here to stay and question is if we Saab-fans should do some brain storming on ideas of how to draw people to the show rooms.

Trued,i know you have some entrepreneurship-power inside you:)

Jörgen Trued - SUHRT
Jörgen Trued - SUHRT
Dippen, Thanks for the kind words. For sure if Saab asks me I am more than willing to jump on the ship and share my knowledge, passion and energy. Just as long as they let me run the SUHRT parallel. A dream would be to evolve SUHRT into a true factory historic rally racing team. I am great supporter of Storytelling in Organizations/Corporate storytelling and emotional communication. Sounds strange and odd to engineers??? But I strongly believe that this is the key for Saabs survival and success. It works twofold both out to customers and towards the employed. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organizational_storytelling –… Read more »
solvy
solvy

austria – completed sales data 2010

dezember: 14
total: 102

SAAB_andee
SAAB_andee

split in cars 8 – 95 6 – 93

more than lexus (8) and only two cars behind jaguar (16)
but lightyears behind alfa (186) subar (171) and ovlov (238)

SAAB_andee
SAAB_andee

and total sales compared between 2010 and (2009)

9-5 – 34 (13) +161,5 %
9-3 – 68 (222) -69,37 %

total 102 (235) -56,6 %

Niklas D
Niklas D

Sales data Japan 2010 (2009)

Dec: 13 (10)