Saab tee off in Serbia

As they are having to do in many markets, Saab are in the process of re-establishing themselves in Serbia.

The distributor there has just signed a sponsorship agreement with what I’m told is the first golf club in Serbia, located between Novi Sad and Zrenjanin. It’s a strategic decision as golf has just taken off as a sport there and is growing in popularity quite quickly.

They have a couple of vehicles on regular display there and test drives are available for all members and guests.

Call it another small chapter in the bigger ongoing story that is Saab’s rebirth.

My thanks to Miki for the pics – and best wishes to Saab in Serbia!

MrY
MrY

Just the right crowd to address, well done!

74stingray
74stingray

Laser red, very very nice

Daniel
Daniel

As mentor (but also friend) for MIKI´s work, I can confirm his dedication as real Saab fanatic. Excellent job MIKI all my congratulation to you and MVM Motors team:)))))

Pat h
Pat h

That second photo is the best photo I’ve ever seen.

Andrey Borzenko
Andrey Borzenko

I’ve just wanted to post exactly the same comment about the 4th photo! 🙂

Pat h
Pat h

Second down that is

benrp
benrp

Just read the Saabs united welcome message as I wasn’t around back then. You meantioned you had other names in mind, What were they? (As a subnote I will mention that only internet Explorer can grant me access to Saabsunited by the click of one button;))

Goran Aničić

Many greetings from Serbia for all Saab fans, I had the great pleasure that thanks MVM Motors testing the new Saab 9-5, Check out this great set of photos:

We in Serbia to actively monitor all of the Saab:

vladarh
vladarh

pohvaljujem slike, ali popravi malo engleski 🙂

Vector-SS
Vector-SS

Alright, what is it going to take to convince SAAB that they need to start showing the 9-5 at auto shows in white. The silver color does look good, but, I’m honestly sort of bored with it. A red 9-3 won’t hurt either 😉

Zoran P
Zoran P

Steering,acceleration and brakes on that 9-3 Aero TTiD……Perfect ! Great fotos Miki

Dada
Dada

Great idea Miki! Nice way to promote brand. You are real brand manager.
Saab in Serbia will have so much more success because of you.
You are so dedicated to Saab, and you are great with us, journalists.

Good luck, Miki!

Sloba
Sloba

White 9-5 looks great!

Dr.Agan
Dr.Agan

Oh my goodness, this golf course is very close to the town where i was born. This is great news, i know my fellow Serbians hold SAAB’s very close to their heart. Great photo’s!!!!

=)

maanders
maanders

Saabs and golf. What a great combination!

Jelena
Jelena

They put these beautiful cars to disturb players 🙂

Vuk
Vuk

I live in Serbia and i can tell you, there is more and more Saab cars on the road here.. New 9-5 in white is great !

J Fan
J Fan

My goodness – Saab should use those two cars together more often. I think the red really suits Saabs, and set’s off the white car even more – it’s a welcome change from the all white/grey colouring – and might just grab some people’s attention.

For example, my sister loves red cars. It doesn’t matter what it is, if it’s red, she’ll look at it!

74stingray
74stingray

May I have your attention please: Would the owner of a red Saab 9-3 please step forward and hand over your keys. This is official business and we need to requsition your automobile.

till72
till72

If this won’t work try:
“Jack Bauer, CTU, please hand over the keys of that red Saab. It’s an issue of national security. Sorry, I can’t get into details.”

74stingray
74stingray

🙂 or I can go the Chuck Norris route, and just take it without asking and toss in a roundhouse for good measure.

till72
till72

Well, I might have to do it that way as the Serbian language is not featured in my implanted universal translator. Or should I try Klingon… 😉

74stingray
74stingray

@ Till72 spoken words not needed as .44 Magnum is understood in ANY language.
-Dirty Harry ( well, i think that’s what he would have said in this event)

Plus, if we don’t master KoIP , Swade will string us up for hogging up SU with chatter
(Klingon over Internet Protocol)

“Sexy red Saab” is also understood in ALL countries. I do not golf, but the setting does look great. For me, that SRS would be just as “at home” parked in my driveway….. simply yummy.

Boms
Boms

Photos are great, I live in Zrenjanin and I could see cars from main road when I drived next to golf club. White 9-5 is my favorite.

B&B
B&B

The photos are grate! I would definitly buy the white one. Saab cars are became a realy sensations on the road. Thanks to Miki, and the people in Serbia can enjoy in the beauty of this car.

Andrej
Andrej

Congratulations Miki !!!!! AWESOME !!!!! A really great idea and very well done!!! Hope that I’ll be able to join back soon to the SAAB family. Keep on the pace!!!! BEST WISHES FROM LJUBLJANA – SLOVENIJA !!!!! Bye Andrej

Bianca
Bianca

Awesome job MM!!! Best wishes to MVM Motors Team in new 2011!! Great cars, love the red one!!

jamie
jamie
i hope saab dont get involved with golf worldwide as its just the wrong image for reborn saab.golf is known as being slow,boring,and with terrible style.played mainly by oldies and fat buisnesmen.the only good point is a lot of them have cash to spend on upmarket cars..i think if saab want to get involved with sport it should be with something more dynamik and young like downhill mountain bikeing for instance, whitch would be mutch better for their image. Maybe they could sponsor spelling and punctuation competitions…. Sorry, I couldn’t resist. And it took me a whole nine holes to… Read more »
GerritN
GerritN

All the outdoorsy stuff has been claimed by Subaru. Lots of youngsters nowadays are more interested in utilitarian (had to do a spelling check on that one!) means of transportation, as long as they can hook up their iPot.

74stingray
74stingray

correction… around here youngsters like big “phat” wings ( spoiler) hanging off the 4 door cars.

GerritN
GerritN

Yeah, we have those around here too, usually hang around the shopping mall. Really pi**es them off when the old guy in the Saab smokes them.

GerritN
GerritN

Best sporty image for Saab? WRC!

Quickening
Quickening

Cars look FANTASTIC.

Rosa
Rosa

Fantastic promotion. All congratulation to all MVM team and specially to Miki:)))

Laszlo Ignat
Laszlo Ignat

Good to see if still live and rebirth the Saab in Serbia. Especial Thanks to Daniel and Miki who work and don’t give up in this tough period. I really hope if we work together soon!
I have to make a note here: We never forget Autosab guys (Nikola, Aleksandar, Viktor…..)who introduce Saab in Serbia, they didn’t survive last really hard Saab period.

All the best, greetings to my Serbiand friends and many-many Saab customer in Serbia!
Griffin up! 😉
László

Nikola Ceprnja

Fantastic promotion! Bravo Miki and MVM

Borislav

Another success in the series.Your abilities as a brand manager above the expected.Saab can feel safe around you.I hope that you will surprise us again, beautiful pictures.

This is exactly what Saab needs! There are probably still 30-40 million golfers world wide. If only 1% of those would go for the Swedish premium…
Throw in for example Ski jumping and X-Games in the sponsoring mix to attract the younger generation and things would look mighty different in a couple of years.

Forgot to mention HOCKEY (for Canada). Saab even got the stick built in already.
SCNA bang on the winter theme (safely home)! That’s probably Saab’s biggest USP.
Ones the car becomes part of your hobby/free time you will have a totally different attachment to it.