The Four-Seasons Convertible – Part 4

Saab convertibles are built to withstand tough winter conditions, making them the perfect all-year car for someone who likes some top-down fun.

We’re celebrating the winter-friendly nature of the Saab convertible this month and I’ve got a few more pics to share.

——

Robert P doesn’t own this Saab drop-top any more, but it looks like it saw some top-down action in less than summery conditions…..

This isn’t a snow-filled image, but Hovsep in Beirut assures me that it was indeed in winter – at around 8 degrees C – so you have to admire the courage of this young bride riding to her wedding in the back of this 900 Convertible.

James lives in Seattle (we met at one of the great Trollhattan Saab meetups a few years ago) and his Viggen sees regular winter use.

That’s around -5 degrees C to those using the Swedish scale….. and the top is down “with the footwell heater and rump-roaster on. Woohoo!”

Gunnar

I like the faux carbon fiber trim in the last shot. Quite distinctive.

Trollblazer
Trollblazer

Very nice indeed…

James from Seattle
James from Seattle

Very economical upgrade by an aftermarket vendor in the ‘states. I don’t know if you are allowed to post vendor names here, so I’ll mention that the acronyms for the said vendor match “Going Sideways”, and it contains SAAB in the name. in less than 10 minutes and a steady hand, your dash can look like this – and for less than a tank of petrol.

Pierre
White bridal convertible reminds me of a story a customer recounted once. She had a 1988 white convertible and lived in Boston’s Back Bay. She went out to her car, parked on the street, got in and started to drive away. As she drove down the street, she passed, in a parking space…..her car. She stopped and quickly realized that the car she was in was another identical convertible, and in those days it was not uncommon to see Saab keys work in a number of cars. Still the coincidence is uncanny. She was panicked, and circled around the block… Read more »
74stingray
74stingray

This may have been posted in comments elsewhere, but i thought I’d place it here just in case it was not.

After reading many comments about how Saab lovers LOVE convertibles, maybe one of those should be in my future?

Tompa
Tompa

Please convertible owners in Sweden, Canada, Russia etc really cold places…. Give us a top down picture at sub -20C!!! Why not -30C? Wearing a hat is ok 🙂

Jezz I like these pictures, but maybe most the beautiful white OG900 in Beirut!

Cheers/Tom

BaRa
BaRa

You cannot open the top at temperatures below -5 degrees C. You can drive around at lower temperatures of course, but then your garage has to be warm enough so that you can lower and raise your top inside.