Tuesday Night Snippets

Another piece of small market sales data…..

I’ve just heard there were 11 Saabs sold in Singapore in January 2011. Small numbers, sure, but considering they only sold 13 all year in 2010, it’s a very encouraging start.

The Saab 9-5 was launched in Singapore on January 5 (and check out the interior panel!)

——

RedJ has made contact and is working on a story about this….. which should be quite interesting

——

Speaking of engineering, TTELA report that Saab’s engineering reorganisation continues. This was first reported via press release last month.

According to TTELA, around two thirds of the 200 employees have been re-deployed to other areas within Saab. There are negotiations with employees for supported severance packages, which are mainly being taken up by those closer to retirement age.

——

It was nice to see the Playsam Saab model included in a WSJ toys article over the weekend…..

——

A red Saab 9-3x – otherwise known as my current dreamSaab.

Owned by Stefan, who’s loving the XWD system in the Swedish winter.

click.

Dan

And with those red 9-3X photos I officially declare Sweden the coolest country on earth!

Jr.
Jr.

Have to agree, started my 9-5 in -34 degrees celsius this morning…

Carl-Henrik
Carl-Henrik

And I had about -28 when I walked to the office in the morning. 😉

Red J

I had only -1°C, but it was raining and my car was covered by 1 or 2 mm of ice. 🙁

Anders
Anders

My 280 000 km (174 000 miles) 13-year-old 9-5 started with out any problems after a night/morning with -27 °C (-17 °F), without any help of the block heater.

In the part of Sweden where I live (about 100 km north of Stockholm) the winters aren’t usually this cold. Usually it’s around 0 °C (32 °F) with the snow coming a going throughout the winter. Then there are some very cold winters, which often come about three at the time with 20 years or so in between (early 1940s, mid 1960s, mid 1980s, the years around 2010).

Arild

That 900 turbo sketch correspond nicely with the claims that the rear of the upcoming 9-3 resembles Porsche…

GerritN
GerritN

Ah, so I’m not the only one who, at first glance, thought that it was a Porsche!

GerritN
GerritN

Looks good, though. Has a nice powerful stance, like that in a car.

charlie
charlie

This is the first photoshop that I’ve seen that I would buy. In a heartbeat.

Love the low lights.

Andreas R
Andreas R

I want that 900 !!

nickX
nickX

I want that 900, too! If the new 9-3 looks anyway near that sketch, I’d buy it in a MINUTE!

Toby
Toby

Me too!! that is about as spot on as it could get. God I hope this is from Saab.

GerritN
GerritN

No, it isn’t from Saab. See comment below. But maybe Saab can hire the kid.

JeremyP
JeremyP

What is the source of that 900 sketch? Is it from Saab? Anyone have any ideas? Looks cool!

TM7374
TM7374

This is the work of an industrial design student in Germany. The sketch is part of Lukas Haag´s term paper.

Google Translater will help you to understand the article.

Look at pictures 7 and 8 in that article — RedJ

MarkoA
MarkoA

Yeah, baby! Bring back the 900.. 😀 That sketch looks very good. I´d really love to see a BIG whale tail spoiler on a future Saab. Looking forward to hear more of that project!

Red J

The source of that sketch is not Saab. More Info will follow.

anton
anton

Steven, i thought your dream car is 9-5 AERO Laser Red 🙂

Zizou
Zizou

That 900 sketch … YUM!

And that 9-3X playing in snow again strengthens me, that laser red is the most sporty colour for a Saab. Great car!!!

Tiago do Vale
Tiago do Vale

Beautiful reinterpretation of the 900’s rear 🙂 I’d love to see how he resolved the front too

Richard
Richard

There is something special in seeing a Saab caked with snow like Stefan’s 9-3X that ironically just gives me the warm fuzzies. 🙂 It’s an entity in it’s natural habitat. Gorgeous location too amongst the towering evergreens. A superb picture that absolutely sells a Saab in any winter climate. Thanks for sharing Stefan.

Smithy

That’s precisely what I was going to say!
“In its natural habitat”

So true. Especially the X-version.

Vector-SS
Vector-SS

The rear sketch of that 900 simply put is… FANTASTIC. Good work.

Paredg
Paredg

I would buy that 900 concept in an instant. Holy cow. I think my heart skipped a beat.

OliverH
OliverH

The 900 sketch has to much Porsche 911 DNA. Looking forward to see a 900-III.

SXV
SXV

That 900 pic makes me think that the concept preview for Geneva is on the back end of the car and not on the front as previously supposed….

Smithy

Why don’t you take a look at the 9-3x displayed in this film made by ANA specialbilar.
They also confirm that they’re working on converting the new SportCombi into a Swedish patrol vehicle, it will probably be the coolest bacon cruiser in town later on…

Pedro
Pedro

The red house looks great; reminds me of the tiny houses on the way from Askersund to Zinkgruvan 🙂

StefanH STHLM
StefanH STHLM

That one with the typically red barn is actually taken in Hälsingland, in the middle of Sweden.
The other one is taken on Ekerö, Stockholm.
:^)

RMinNJ
RMinNJ

The 900 rear …what nostalgia. My first 900 base model I had to have the black rubber wing…
the car did no come with it…asked for the wing and the sale was done.

What understanding and respect of the Saab design.

Henrik B.

Well, the numbers for Denmark are also in – for january 2011. It shoould be mentioned, that january is probably the smalest month in the year. In january of 2010, Saab sold only 5 cars i Denmark. Here in 2011 the number i 8 cars – 5 Saab 9-3, 2 Saab 9-3X and 1 Saab 9-5.

Not a lot, but lets hope it’s an indicator of the direction of the full year…

Cheers!