Video: Saab Arctic Adventure

From the Trollhattan blog….

We do this event every year at Saab and it gives us a chance to share our Scandinavian roots. The Arctic Adventure is like entering another world and although it is fun, it is also useful too. Learning how to control a car in these conditions makes you a better driver – and you also get to appreciate just what a Saab car is really capable of.

httpvh://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJ2QW-XzEyA

Henrik
Henrik

sluurp, I wanna go too! Looks excellent

Yerrun
Yerrun
The more I see videos about Lapland, snow, dogs and sliding Saabs, the more I get reaaaaally jealous at those who get this experience. I’d really like to go there and have some fun in the snow too. This must be such a great opportunity to enjoy Sweden and fall -even more- in love with Saab at the same time. I would be willing to pay for it. Let’s say something like 500€ for a 3-day Arctic Experience. All this makes me start thinking if a Saab spin-off should start organising these events on a regular base, not just for… Read more »
till72
till72

Yerrun, the problem is that from what I’ve heared at Jukkasjärvi the cost for such a trip are more like 2500-3000 Euros deoending on flights and programme. Quite a bit for a weekend.

Yerrun
Yerrun

Alrighty… 2500€ would be a bit “over the top” for me as well 🙂
However, I wasn’t including flights in my 500€ there and they only do this for a couple of weeks now so I can imagine that the costs are very hight. But what about a 3year period (December > April, 5 months each year), most of the 9-5’s will definitely still be fresh after 3 years. Maybe it was just a wild idea, maybe it’s something worth looking at…

till72
till72

The cars may look fresh but you’ll need a bunch of spare parts, believe me… 😉

Mike900
Mike900

Oh my gosh!!!!

That looks so incredible! Who gets to go on these adventures? I’m so jealous of you all.

StefanH STHLM
StefanH STHLM

Great video…………………………………………………………………………………………………….suck! (=sigh!)

I went to Volvo Safety Driving Shool twice. Once at Mantorp Park and once in a snowy Sälen.
That was fun and I learned a lot.
But this………………………………………….. wanna wanna wanna!

Saabsideways
Saabsideways

I was there ten days ago, fantastic time, excellent staff, amazing IceHotel, dog sledding, reindeer racing, KK (there are more than one), Absolut Vodka IceBar and of course the cars.

We had the Art Deco room shown at 1min and I had the car number 18…spooky.

I told the Saab reps that the driving experience should be available to buy, I’d be happy to make my own way to Jukkasjarvi, spend a few days sightseeing, a little skiing on the Kiruna slope and a day driving the Saabs.

Best holiday ever.

John Carter

I’d have loved the skiing, but they didn’t show us there was a slope until we were on the way to the airport to leave for Stockholm again 🙁

olaf95

They forgot One Thing in The Video: The Sauna and Outdoor jakuzi. The Saab stuff even brought us Cold Beer directly to The jakuzi:)

till72
till72

And the convertible for naked open driving…

maanders
maanders

Now that is a picture I did not need in my head! 🙂

OddJob
OddJob

“Pretty darn nice” as said in one of the comments sums it all up. i wanna go there.

John Carter
I was there with the Saab USA dealer group a few weeks ago- My luggage was lost in transit, so I spent the 6 day trip with pretty much what I had on me and the cold weather gear the group supplied to survive -25C temperatures- the hospitality of the event planners, Saab, and the Performance Team was fantastic. All in alI, I averaged about 2 hours of sleep a night, I got dog doo tossed in my face by the sled dogs, I froze my butt off, endured 6 planes in 6 days, I was almost gored by a… Read more »
John Carter

Oh, and if any of you were there at the same time as me, my luggage showed up that Sunday on my front step. I have no idea where it was the whole time, it just appeared in the night!

Jörgen Trued - SUHRT
Jörgen Trued - SUHRT

talking about rallying Saabs, read at AMS http://www.automotorsport.se/news/22309/saab-kör-rally-vm–nya-heta-rykten/
Looks like Vladimir is about to finance the WRC. Discussions on when SAAB is going to rally the new 9-2.
There is a pressrelease later this week.
SUHRT are looking forward to this a lot.

AMS are also telling the story of the V& diesel designed for 9-4 X now turning up in the new Jeep Cherokee.

turbokalle
turbokalle

Wow. Interesting. How about Kimi Räikkönen and PG Andersson in the cars?

Remdu67
Remdu67

As a honeymoon I would pay the price !
And yes I am jealous!

Cork
Cork

This looks great, one big jealous guy in front of the keyboard here.
These events are on invitation only i guess?
*sigh*

theSandySaab
theSandySaab

Yes, sign me up! This looks like an experience of a lifetime, I’d buy my way to this…
Where, when and how much???