A quick tour of the Geneva Motor Show

My apologies for the sub-standard image quality here. It seems my HD Hero camera doesn’t work so good in low light.

This is just a quick 10-minute walking tour of most of the Geneva Auto Show, with a bit of tomfoolery thrown in for good measure.

Ignore at will.

httpvh://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGE1FD2JGLA

Pat h
Pat h

Hahaha that was very entertaining. Commentary was definitely neccessary.,

Loma
Loma

It was like watching a good episode of David Attenborough in the Amazon jungle ! Perfect, bit mysterious and great tone of the voice.

Smithy

I kinda giggled…

πŸ˜€

Jason Powell

Love the humor, Das Boring. Hope you enjoyed yourself.

turbin
turbin

Thanks for the tour Swade, think I’d seen the best of it already courtesy of SU.

Joe Saab
Joe Saab

Thank you Swade! It’s like having a friend in high places. Always a good time with you mate!

Coggs
Coggs

Woo – Haa indeed! That was fun. Thanks for the tour.

logan
logan

I agree with everyone above. How entertaining! The Mitsubishi and Seat comments made me LMAO, or whatever the kids say these days.

MarkS
MarkS

Thank you sir!!
πŸ™‚

vince
vince

Entertaining and funny for sure , however Swade forgot the ugly gensture for Bentely

MarkS
MarkS

Hey by the way…do the new Caddys come with a Bob Lutz bobblehead?

JeremyP
JeremyP

Not quite the same as being there, but a lot less expensive! Thanks for the tour Swade.

JeremyP
JeremyP

By the way, no more Evo? What else does Mitsu make that anyone pays attention to? Not much methinks…

Richard
Richard

Loved the tour Swade – bleh and all. πŸ™‚ I thought that first level was it…then you stepped down the escalator into another level just as large! What an immense show! Great coverage Swade, thanks for taking us all along for a walk.

meg haviland
meg haviland

Swade, you crack me up. Looks like you are enjoying yourself . Thanks for the tomfooery in the tour πŸ™‚ LOL, great commentary! Best part was Saab by far…..

Im surprised you weren’t lynched! Love Das Boring and Vorshprung durch blechh. You’ll hate me for saying this but your

bashed crab

analogy you used to describe the BMW X6, IMO, applies to that Alfa 4C. It looks like its been rammed up the backside and folded up! Time for me to get the heck out of here and thanks for the tour. πŸ™‚

saabsab
saabsab

I love it!!!!! Swade you are freakin bluhhhhhhh, funny.
I think Swade BLUH! t-shirts are in order for the SU gang.

Swades’ face plastered on a t-shirt with the bluh! look.

Iiari
Iiari

Great tour! That hall looks massive…

I completely agree about the Evo move… Talk about brand suicide! They should become ALL ABOUT Evo! Mitsubishi apparently wants to own EV’s because, you know, no one else is working on those. Good luck with that folks…

Red J

Maybe Mitsu simply run out of Os, that is why there is no EVo but an EV. πŸ˜‰

Robert J
Robert J

Love the new PhoeniX, 9-5sc, IQon, the 9-3 griffin… In short I just love what saab is up to right now.
Just to get an idea of what the next generation of 9-3:s could look like, I photomixed the PhoeniX whith the new 9-5.
The phoeniX parts is in gold Γ€n the 9-5 in blackbrownish.

Robert J
Sandy
Sandy

That was very interesting, great job Robert!

Jeff
Jeff

Very very nice! I hope that makes the front page Robert. I know you obviously made it two tones for a reason, but just for kicks to make it more cohesive, here it is all tidied up, I really enjoyed doing it πŸ™‚

Jeff
Jeff

And just for Swade since I know he likes his Lightning Blue (and a little more hatchback glass detail for good measure, that was for you Toby).

Jeff
Jeff
Robert J
Robert J

Well done Jeff! My part was rushed and sloppy, but you have managed to make it look like a propper Saab.

Richard
Richard

Fantastic!! Now THAT is a Saab I would put some money down for. Wow….that gets the heart pumping. Brilliant job Robert and Jeff!

Bryn
Bryn

No remark about the utter and complete hideousness that is the Mini clubman? God those things are SO UGLY.

Dan

Awesome. I feel like I was there too. Thanks Swade.

montahue
montahue

The most entertaining part of today!

Jeff
Jeff

Very funny moments. And I love your authentic pronunciation of Bugatti. Classic, Swade.

Mikaik
Mikaik

Thank you! That was the best presentation of an auto show ever.

Quijote
Quijote

Very funny Steven πŸ˜€

Quijote
Quijote

BTW, must agree with you about Mitsu being the dullest car company in the world as a result of them dropping the EVO. What on Earth’s were they thinking?!?!

martinsaab
martinsaab

Swade, I absolutely love your comments! Are you a bit biased? πŸ™‚
Fully agree on dull and boring car companies…

Unfortunately I didn’t get your words about German engineers.
Watch out, I am one of those… but not in the car industry πŸ™‚

About orange Bentleys and Astons:
on a Lake Garda tour (Italy) I saw more orange Astons than yellow Saabs πŸ™‚

JL
JL

Dividing the exposed cars into “normal cars” and “extreme/concept cars” I think that SAAB stand out in both categories, with PhoeniX being the king of the second category. Not until now have I realized how important a concept car can be – the tour made it extra clear to me! PhoeniX must be the most unique creation of this whole show, stealing a lot of attention and creating confidence and expectations for the future.

lala
lala

No love for Spyker?

nickX
nickX

VERY funny!!!

Anddeu
Anddeu

Thanks for the tour. I can not go to the Geneva Motor Show but this gives a good impression.

Sven van Dijkman
Sven van Dijkman
Mr Wade, Your love for Saab was the raison d’Γͺtre for this site, Your own language (and the one we as your guests used) on this site kept me here. Your epic moments(*) at this site will make me come back for more and provide a memory for life amongst us all (SU-ers). (*) some epic moments include 1) did I miss something? 2) the sealed deal moment 3) the first Saab hug and now 4) the Geneva Auto Show tour! I really laughed out loud at the now classic “Das Boring”…. Thank you from all my heart for making… Read more »
BTG88
BTG88
In general I would have to agree with Swade’s on the fly commentary about the other cars at the show, with one exception – Cadillac. If you have followed the transformation of this division of GM over the last decade, you have to give them credit for moving their positioning from huge, floaty luxo-barges to one that is more firmly in the performance camp and competing against the likes of Audi, BMW and MB. Their V-fleet prowess is undeniable and while you may not like their design language, the fact of the matter is they have a distinctive, and evolving… Read more »