Saab New York Press Conference

Saab gave their press conference today and as expected, no explosive details were revealed, though the EIB loan process was detailed. Victor showed a more humble side, instead of expressing over the top optimism, he toned it down to express a more pragmatic vision for Saab’s current situation. Here’s hoping that next year’s press conference gets back to the excitement and enthusiasm we’re used to, when we’ll get to see the new 9-3 in the metal.

Was looking forward to a Q & A period.

Red J

I think VM thought the EIB would be able to take a decision before Eastern. At least I did. ๐Ÿ™

John Mac

No decision will be made or announced until the stockmarket in the Netherlands closes or before its opens tomorrow morning

coggs

Sounded to me like VM thought the decision may not come until early next week. An honest presentation by VM which is what I think Saab fans wanted to hear. Not sure somebody strolling the show (which is still not open to the general public if I recall) would have felt all warm and fuzzy. Big thing is to see how the journalists spin his presentation.

BoeBoe

The stockmarket is closed tomorrow (and monday).

Nissi

Approving changes in EIBs loans to SAAB is complicated, since GM as a shareholder must also approve all the changes, according to what EIB has stated here</a . That might be reason why EIBs approval has taken time (EIB refuses to give more details).

So nobody exceppt GM seems to know when an approval might come from EIB.

Francisco

When I hear VM I forgett about Saabs problems.

OddJob

Great show, short and efficient. Seems to be quite crowded.

GerritN

Can’t see the stream:
Linux with Firefox 4.0 and Flash Player 10.2.153.1

GerritN

The recorded stuff on:
doesn’t work for me either.

GerritN

YouTube videos like the recent PhoeniX one:
work fine.

Motoradd's Cat

Great speaches and presentation.

Um, mobile phone technology controlling my car?

It’ll take ages to start (waiting for upgrades) and ages to stop (installing upgrades do not turn off!).

w3c validator

Jeff – great work! Keep it up and don’t forget to rest from time to time as well.. ๐Ÿ˜‰

kanundrum

Why did VM say the comment about fukushima… Thats some serious bad press.

JasonPowell

kanundrum,
If you read the full context of the statement I don’t think it’s all that bad.The article below shows what he was saying, remember fukushima was first reported to be not a big deal and then it spun out of control. I think we should just read what he said and not read too much into it. The parallels are there.

JasonPowell

I really like the line about “Interesting press presence”. I have to agree, it seemed honest and to the point. As far as not giving warm and fuzzy, I think all anyone can ask for is an honest approach to what is going on, which I think we got.

SaabClubAlaska

I just noticed something on the NY auto show’s official page that I found interesting.

While searching the list of exhibitors to see where Saab is located (Hall 4), I saw that if you scroll over Saab’s listing, a message pops up offering a, “$500 gift certificate towards a new Saab vehicle!” I’ve posted the image here.

It’s not much, but still a cool way to extend an added incentive to potential buyers visiting the show. And none of the other manufacturers I saw seemed to have a similar promotion. ๐Ÿ™‚ Nice job, Saab!

sonett71

Great reports from New York Auto Show and the press conference. I had also hoped on good news from EIB, but we have to wait a little. I am sure Saab will have a great time in US with the new cars and many old Saab buyers will have a chance to come back to their favorite car. But there is a lot of hard work anyway!

meg haviland

Great presentation, my faith holds strong. link below from Press Conference and Saab stand.

There’s a lot, enjoy:)