Hirsch finally available in the USA

9-5 Hirsch Performance

I’ve already mentioned it in the forum but still I wanted to bring it to the front page in case some did not see it: June 20th 2011 marked the date when Hirsch Performance products could finally be pre-ordered through the US dealer network.

From what I’ve heared the first parts and software upgrade tools are on their way to the US now. For details please contact your local Saab dealer. If you want to check which products are available in your market you can also visit the Hirsch Performance homepage.

phermansson

I already have, and will, spend a lot of money on the things they have to offer!!! Love it!!! 😀

More good news!

CurtInFalcon

I can’t wait! I hope a dealer near me decides to carry Hirsch. I am just holding my breath until I can Hirsch my car.

w3c validator

Why wait.. go to the best local dealer you have and ask for it. If they get questions about it.. they might become more interested in providing the service! The consumer has the power! 😉

E

Willing to Hirsch my 2010 9-5 Aero, but my Baton Rouge, Louisiana SAAB dealer says the Japanese earthquake/tsunami has delayed the launching of Hirsch in the US. They said to check back with them in early August. To their credit, it appears they looked into it for me, and two different employees called me back, but ultimately said to call back in three weeks and they’d check again. Anyone else encounter a delay due to the Japanese tragedy?

coggs

Great news. Now I just need the IE 9-3 I ordered 4 months ago to be built so I can tune it!

ryanonsrc
I’m a little torn as to whether I’d want to do the upgrade. I’ve read that your car will suddenly require 91 octane fuel (based on the U.S. scale) and the engine will sound different after you’ve upgraded. I have a 2.0T model and I like how it sounds, and while I use 91 anyway, I am just not sure if I would want to do the upgrade. Plus, there is the cost associated with it. Call me weird: but I’m a sort of a purist, so I tend not really like the “tuner car” look. So even if I… Read more »

You have to speculate to accumulate. Nothing in life is free. 🙂

coggs

I’m pretty sure for a software upgrade you can get a 10 day trial period. If you are not happy the dealer will reset to the factory setting and refund the cost. You are just out the 30 minutes labor it takes upload and the software.

jim

The new 9-5 2.0T (and presumably 9-3 Griffin) is now chippable to 260hp as expected! This should be 100% reliable too, because GM has sold that engine before in that setup. A 9-5 with that spec would be a very high impact and efficient high speed transporter! Man, I wish I needed a car right now.

jim

The figure is 260hp / 295 lb-ft. This 2.0T motor is known for being very upgradeable. In other vehicles it will do 340 lb-ft out of the box almost. Consider this GM upgrade for a related engine (http://www.autoblog.com/2008/12/18/gm-releases-turbo-upgrade-kit-for-solstice-gxp-sky-redline-and/) This would be a very “intelligent” car to buy and chip…. drool.

fuzzi

Hirsch remommends 98 octane , is this available in the USA ?

jim

98 RON octane is the same as 91-93 octane in the USA. It is in every city or town in America. But many Europeans online believe it suggests their gasoline is higher octane. Kind of like 100 km/h sounds faster than 90 MPH, but isn’t 🙂

Clay McNeely

In many parts of the South, 90-octane gasoline is as high as you can get. 91-octane gasoline in my area (Texas Panhandle) is VERY scarce and anything above 91-octane simply doesn’t exist. I wish I knew if there was a reason for this and, if so, what that reason is.

Jonas Axelsson

I would not get excited yet. They have come out with fanfare and a brass band before but there is no mechanism for dealers yet. I made calls last week.

Exactly what is “pre-ordered” ?? You can go to who? How can a dealer take money if they don’t have the computer or the training? And they don’t.

Note that the US dealer page is blank.

Jonas Axelsson
The one dealer who did talk to the about signing up knew nothing about the Euro program where you try before you buy. I had to explain it to them. As a major selling point, a service trial, since they have a higher price helps justify it. Without it it strips them of half of their advantage, the remainder being the warranty. Come to think of it, this also precludes any of the more advanced packages where they would change the IC or the turbo since that would be additional training. As usual Hirsch and Saab send the circus but… Read more »
Jonas Axelsson
What of the rest of the Hirsch package? It is more than just a flash, I read the product line and much requires other hardware like IC and turbo to get the high end power. OH? are they excluding the high end power packages? So from what you are saying they ARE EXCLUDING the high level packages? Where was this alleged “meeting” held … till72? Till (pun intended, nuk,nuk), I started making phone calls one of the comments was that there was NO ACTIVE OUTREACH TO PROMOTE THE PROGRAM, one of the fellows I know called me back and told… Read more »
dcpattie
Of those interested in the lowering kit for the NG 9-5 (2.8T AWD), I contact Hirsch directly and they replied (real quick) with “We are still waiting for some side impact crash simulations with the lowered suspension installed to be finalized. Please chack back in 3-4 months time.” I think its pretty cool that they are actually doing crash simulations – hopefully they will offer this package in the US because the NG 9-5 sits way to high. I parked next to a 2011 LaCrosse last week and the nose on the Lacrosse is at least 10-20mm lower than my… Read more »
Chris Carrier

I also have the NG 9-5… I know I’m biased but I think the LaCrosse is aging quickly. It’s looking far less similar to my car that I originally thought.

dcpattie

The interior on the Buick is terrible and I also like the 9-5’s looks better. However, I do applaud Buick – their line-up is much improved.

Jonas Axelsson
till72, since you have such an inside track, get your story straight or at least go back through the archives of SU. The original SU links blamed it on the failure to meet the California standards. Then the list was published where it did meet the standards. Now you blame it on GM? How about Maud and the EIB. So Hirsch has a link to a list that nothing comes up on? IMHO, the reason for the exclusion of the TX and 09 Aero is that they thought we would all get in line to get car that was now… Read more »
Red J

rallyho,
we know you are right,
please give us all a break,and read the comments policy.

Make your point. Once.

If people respond to you and you need to explain something about it and reiterate your point, then fair enough, but the repetition of the same thing over and over again will not necessarily help your case (especially if your case is based on a negative opinion).

Jonas Axelsson

I just got a call and the program is being formed. There are no details on IF the US program will have the trial period that the EU has.

IMHO, big mistake if they don’t since that is a heavy selling point regarding consumer confidence.

Absolutely agree. The 10 day trial is something that will bring people into the dealers and lord knows Saab needs all the consumer confidence boost in the US it can get. It’s a win-win situation for everyone involved anyway. How many won’t buy the flash in the end? 10-20%? Heck if only 10% buy the upgrade it will be worth it. Would sound like very cheap but positive marketing to me if dealers started to invite owners in to try the tune out for zero cost. Who knows they might even get hooked (like some here) and come back for… Read more »