Statement from Antonov

It looks like Antonov has issued a statement on the behaviour of Swegov and EIB. It spreads on the online news channels in Sweden right now. This one is a googletrans from SvD.se:

“I have therefore decided to investigate the possibility of taking legal action, including but not limited to claims for damages, which may be of interest to various parties, including myself, the EIB, some officials at the EIB, the Swedish government and some government officials personally,” writes Vladimir Antonov said in a statement.

– It’s Reinfeldt, Borg and Olofsson, who are the government representatives who Antonov company Convers Group to examine whether we can take legal action against, say Antonov spokesman Lars Carlstrom.

– We take a process in motion by our lawyers that make a screening of it here. Within two weeks we will conduct an evaluation. Depending on what it shows there may be lawsuits against various parties.

TT: What party is this?

– We know that there are two parties involved and the EIB and the Government says Carlstrom.

Vladimir Antonov, repeat the criticism of the Bank and the Swedish government, which his spokesman Lars Carlstrom expressed yesterday.

“By denying SWAN (Swedish Automobile) and Saab Automobile access to the funding that I offer, what these companies want and still desperately want, both the Bank and the Swedish government acted against all involved parties concerned, particularly against Saab and SWAN’s employees , suppliers, traders, lenders and shareholders, “writes Antonov said in a statement.

– It’s very strange.

So says Anette Hellgren, Union local shop steward at the Saab factory in Trollhattan, if the government since 2009 known to the Bank’s attitude to Vladimir Antonov can not be viable as a shareholder in Saab as long as EIB loans remain.

– They told you to do a trial, and the government has said it is awaiting the EIB. Then it sounds very strange to refer to the EIB. Also, the EIB’s behavior is strange.

From the government’s direction has, however, no sympathy for the criticism.

– We are totally unsympathetic to this. The Swedish government is concerned about the Swedish car industry and have put money and commitment to its development. That we would discourage the development of the Swedish automotive industry is a position we do not share, says Johanna Martin, Press Secretary to Maud Olofsson (C), the TT as a comment to that Antonov is prepared to take legal action against the government.

Till here. A lawsuit won’t help out of the situation Saab is in now since it will take a long time. The main task is to get Saab through those times, get rid of the EIB and secure the Chinese investment. That’s where the focus needs to be.

But I can imagine that VA has some spare lawyers for the investigation. The good thing about an investigation is that it may answer some questions we all have.

When it comes to the comment of Maud’s press secretary – let’s say I’ve got a slightly different view.

rune

Yes. Ms Martin should be much more specific about what the government has actually done. They have consistently said they have made funds available, yet it seems these funds have not actually been put to any use. Their terms are useless and is just political shadow play.

DUTCH900C

Personally it doesn’t matter to me who helps SAAB, i’ve wrote that sometimes more, yes, also mister Vladimir Antonov, but now it’s begining to be clear there are “some things” the E.I.B. and the Swedish goverment know “something” since 2009 and haven’t let it now to aother people and companies, like Vladimir Antonov and SAAB, then Vldimir Antonov get’s my fully support to help SAAB and therefore:
Mister Vladimir Antonov: Griffin up and you’ve get more as 101% support from my side to help SAAB!

kochje

Olav

I can’t help it, but I can understand and also support Mr Antonov’s decision here. EIB seem to maybe have played a dirty game here, or maybe just not paid enough attention to what’s going on in this case, or simply put drowned in it’s own EU-bureaucracy…. Nevertheless this is indeed a really strange story. EIB is owned by the EU Member States and also now another good example on how it can be within EU. I am really happy that my country still hasn’t joined the EU ;).

VA & SAAB UP!

Have a nice weekend.

Mailr

I think this is a very good move of Antonov. Suing calls the cards of the EIB, and if Antonov is as clean as he says, i.e. there are no hidden problems, this would instantly raise both Antonovs reputation and Saabs financial strength. Appart from giving a lot of credit to the notion that Saabs problems are externally induced.

Jonno
What a sad situation ….we now have a war of words erupting (and possible law suits) between VA, the Swedish govt and EIB. We all sympathize with VA but Saab management must not be distracted….. As a Till72 says – THE SINGLE PRIORY IS TO TO GET PRODUCTION RESTARTED ASAP. Then the lawyers can go to town, hopefully find a way of getting rid of the politicians (EIB and Swdish govt) and get VA and our Chinese investors onboard. While everyone is arguing, Saab is in grave danger of bleeding to death. We need production first and recriminations later.
meg haviland

+1.

VA, stay in it to win it:)

Troels, Denmark

There is off-course so many things I don’t know about in this case. But I am not sure that this move from VA against the Government will be helpful for Saab now or in the future.

ivo 71

But it may be helpful to VA who has invested millions in Saab/Spyker directly and probably also indirectly and now is casually informed that he dit it for nothing as he had no hope to be allowed to own shares in Spyker/Saab from day one. I say let VA sue the skin off those bureaucrats.

Ivo

The plot thickens…

LarsG

Vladimir Antonov has my full support and I hope he will succeed in the legal action.

Luca S.

Go Vladimir, make them pay for their behaviour.

TonymacUK

Totally behind VA on this – the Swedish government have aided and abetted the EIB in their obnoxious scheme.

KarlR

This is good!! Put everything in the light! Good and bad!

Carlo A

I guess it is SAAB the one that suffered the damages. I fell it ought to be SAAB considering legal action for damages.
Any lawyers here?

skwdenyer
VA can potentially – amongst other avenues – sue for defamation of character; the EIB is, by implication, suggesting that VA is not somehow ‘fit and proper’ to be an investor in Saab. Much more importantly, however, we (or at least, Saab) need to know what the problem is that the EIB have with VA. For instance, if they’re worried about a non-EU owner, will they ever approve the Chinese? What criteria does another investor have to meet? Without that information, what else can they do, but keep on proposing investors (if they find any more), only to have them… Read more »
DUTCH900C

I totally agree with that, but why hasn’t/haven’t the E.I.B. and/or the Swedish goverment done that in the period form 2009 till now?
In my opinion is that a big disgrace!

Sadim

Isn’t it just a bit too silly to suggest that VA can sue a bank for not wanting to lend him, or a company he is in control of, a pile of money? A bank has the right to deny anybody a loan.

DUTCH900C

That’s completly true, but why didn’t they give any information about why they didn’t want Vladimir Antonov let being a partner or “money miter” for SAAB, when other organisations/people or who else gave clearance to him, in the period 2009 – (almost) august of 2011?

Sadim

I agree. many questions remain unanswered

nickX

I don’t think that any lawsuit would help SAAB out of the situation it is in right now. And I still suppose, that VA could very well be a investor in SAAB in different ways, if he wanted; only not as a shareholder.

Sadim
And the money goes to…….. Curacao…. From di.se Last year 4 million from the bleeding Saab Automobile went to Victor Muller’s Latin American Tug Holding. Now di.se has traced this company to the former tax haven of Curacao in the Caribbean. Anyone who reads the fine print of Saab Automobile’s annual report can see that 4 million in fees, so-called “management fees”, last year was paid to the company, Latin American Tug Holding, which di.se previously reported. This amount included a bonus of SEK 1.8 million to Saab’s CEO and chairman Victor Muller. This was in addition to the compensation… Read more »
saabdog

What are you implying Sadim? All I see a company/individual making shrewd financial moves to preserve capital.

v4ever

See my post below, Saab dog.

Of course £400,000 isn’t going to save the company, Saab’s problems are far bigger than that. But if it is, as you suggest, its a sign of a company/individual protecting its capital, surely it might be a wise move to bring that money back in order to help stop the bailiffs knocking on the door in a few days time?

saabdog

Bringing back this money might make sense from a PR standpoint. It won’t stop the bailiffs knocking on the door. I guess what disturbs me the most is the implication of impropriety.

Sadim

If and I mean IF, the 4 million and the 40 million went to Curacao, that is actually the amount needed to pay the salaries that are owing. Until the salaries are paid, at least I resent all comments on 44 million being small potatoes in the auto industry.

Grumpy
Saabdog, I think it is because Saab it ‘everybody’s’ pet peeve object at the moment and it doesn’t really matter what they do or don’t do. I can’t remember any company that got this type of scrutiny from the press in the past and we all know there are plenty of bodies lying around closets at other businesses too. IMHO, DI is one of the driving forces behind a skewed image of Saab and Saab’s products in Sweden. They may rationalize it as investigative journalism and that may be the case but they seldom talk about positive things and have… Read more »
saabdog

Grumpy — I didn’t realize Swedish newspapers were subsidized by the state (I’m located in the US). This doesn’t bode well for Saab. If these kind of stories are surfacing, somebody wants VM out at Saab, and the Swedish newspapers are their mouthpiece.

Sadim

My view is that an owner with an ethics code makes sure everybody gets paid before the owner does.

saabdog

Agreed, owners get paid LAST. I guess I can’t get my head around the dollar figure — which is correct? But on a broader issue, in my mind, nothing is as sacred as one’s reputation, and the implication of impropriety is extremely serious indeed. Whoever is planting these stories if playing with fire if they don’t have some very strong evidence to back up the insinuation.

robbe
Disagree. Without VM’s efforts Saab employees would currently be on a ‘permanent vacation’. He did what no one else was willing or able to do…give Saab a fighting chance to survive. His achievements required specialized skill, knowledge and years of experience. His efforts should be rewarded, and rewarded well. Whatever management fee he was paid (regardless of the amount) was negotiated voluntarily by both parties. In other words, everybody involved had a choice. And everybody at Saab still has the choice of whether to remain or leave and seek work elsewhere. I simply can not subscribe to the view that… Read more »
Sadim
More from di.se on the the same topic. Debts are piling up and the employees’ salaries delayed. But Saab is still planning new high fees to the board and management. Saab does, however not want to talk about whether Victor Muller received any of last year’s payout of 40 million. Last year, 40 million from Saab to the parent company Spyker Cars, now the Swedish Automobile, the so-called “management fees”. That was in addition to the “management fee” of 4 million that Saab paid to Victor Muller company Latin American Tug Holding. In addition, Victor Muller last year, 9.6 million… Read more »
ANA

I can see how people can think that this situation is improper…

DI strikes back, eh? So the news is VM saved Saab and is working pretty much for pocket change as a CEO. http://www.forbes.com/lists/2011/12/ceo-compensation-11_rank.html

Sadim, you’re very familiar with their accounts. How much has Saab paid in taxes to the “helpful” Swe Govt over the past year and a half?

BTW I hate hypocrites.

Sadim

I don’t actually have access to the SAAB accounts, but my rough estimate is 12 x 35 million SEK per year.

ANA

I understand your point but there is an important flip side – it requires a level of empathy with how hard-suffering employees and suppliers may feel when they read reports of large fees and bonuses being paid to executives.

It’s not that clear cut. A business consultant told me a long time ago the following: The biggest mistake entrepreneurs can make is not to protect themselves and their families. He said he’s seen it too many times how owner in desperate situations throw everything in to save the company and get absolutely slaughtered in the end. Some even end up at the graveyard shortly after. We don’t know how much VM has on the line of his own money and it’s not our business. If he hypothetically would have lifted huge amounts last year and now when cash is… Read more »
ANA

Let’s agree to disagree.

Excellent post. Your business consultant was correct. I’ve seen it happen to a good friend. Unfortunately, the general public will not understand this.

v4ever
In general terms and in better times, what is bascially £400,000 would be chump change as far as the motor industry is concerned. I’d be willing to bet that Saab itself in days gone by, will have spent that amount on product launches for dealer principals and heads of business. HOWEVER, these are not normal times. Mr Muller needs to explain what his company did to earn that money? Why did he not take the money for himself as an extra bonus and then pay it into that company? For what reason is that company based in Cuaraco? Was this… Read more »
Sadim

Another article (currently in Google translate and word) suggests that the 40 million went to the same place.

v4ever

I’m getting a little confused. Saab-Spykers accounts would appear to suggest that 4 million Kr was paid to Tug Holdings (which would equal very roughly £400,000). Is it right that it was actual 40 millionKr because would be £4,000,000? Or is this over and above the payment for 4millionKr?

Sadim
Sorry, the 4 went there. The question is whether the 40 spent on “managment fees” went there too. if people would stop calling me I could fix the translation of that article too 🙁 — Hi Sadim, here is an extract of the coments policy which is also valid for you. No dumping The comments section should not be used as a dumping ground for multiple links, full news stories or elongated speculation. If you’ve got a news story, please email us. There’s no guarantee but we will do our very best to reply and we will see it. Often… Read more »
gunteman

Please don’t

Jeff

Sadim, while I appreciate your enthusiasm, dumping google translated articles into comments about Antonov is really really frustrating. This was about Antonov’s statement, and instead you’ve managed to divert all talk towards Victor Muller’s compensation. Really counterproductive, and if you fall into the minutia of how the people who are saving the company are compensated. then you run the risk of losing sight of what actually needs to happen for Saab to make it out of this mess.

You’re basically turning SU into a tabloid. please don’t.

Sadim

OK. Mea culpa. WIll not happen again. Sorry.

Tripod
Sadim, It’s not only about dumping complete articles into a thread of comments below a blog post, IMHO. If there is news in media not covered here, and to know that you will have to follow SU for some time, they have asked us to contact them, so that they can make a post, put it into context. That seems fair to me. I see it as a different matter if someone posts a comment with a link to something that is on topic, as things evolve, i.e. different media comments regarding what is covered in the blog post. But… Read more »
ANA

Is there any reason why SU are not reporting these allegations from DI? In my opinion they are important to report even if they are inaccurate.

Red J

@ANA,
I don’t see new information in the articles presented here by Sadim,afaik , and because Sadim has dumped them here, they have already been discussed.

ANA

Not everyone reads all the comments on all posts, they often just read the posts themselves – in my opinion this is significant even if it is just so we know what some people are thinking – DI has a big readership in Sweden and the form opinions. I believe tricky subjects need tackling – if they are left lurking then that is when people suspect the worst.

hilmar

So there seems to be another issue to clarify ? 🙁

Belfast_Saab
WARNING – we’re getting focussed on relatively minor internal financial issues here about which clearly we all know very little, and indeed which may be none of our business!! The key issues today are the actions or signals given by the Swed Gov and EIB which have wasted critical time and effort at Saab when other strategies might have been progressed sooner had communications been more honest. Saab up! people, VA and VM are all we got, and I for one am prepared to leave these issues for another day – today is for saving Saab and supporting the guys… Read more »
Olav

+1!!

Grumpy

Seems like the DI.se news this afternoon will work as a nice deflection for that.

“Yes the EIB and the Government have been untruthful but what is that compared to shipping money to tax haven’s in Carribean” The release of the news is well timed to keep negative focus on VM and to paint him and VA as untrustworthy entities that have no claim to Saab or anything that is Swedish.

Sorry for the rant

saabdog

With these latest stories hitting the press, I believe a coordinated effort is being orchestrated to smear VM. I think there’s little doubt that someone wants him out as owner of Saab. Personally, I’m not buying the implications of shady dealings.

v4ever

I’m sorry Belfast Saab (and I don’t want to fall out with anyone on here.) but I think this is an important issue. As I have already mentioned Saab need £550,000 approx to stop the bailiffs arriving in a few days. £400,000 is a large lump of that. It has been paid to a company owned by VM, registered in a country that has a history for lax banking regulation, for services that seem vague to say the least. Why can’t VM pay that back?

Belfast_Saab
Gawd, I’m not saying it isn’t perhaps important, but is it the MOST important thing right now? Until we know what it was for (and as I say, is that our business?), then we can’t ask it to be repaid. IF this was in respect of VM’s efforts in rescuing Saab from extinction 2 years ago, then based on an hourly rate, I’d say it was cheap at the price! I’m sure if it si important or relevant, it will become clear in time, but now is not a good time for Saab to be defamed in front of potential… Read more »
Khrisdk

Look at it like this:
This story was run 2 weeks ago by most of the Swedish media.
Now the story is rerun with some added undocumented suspicions.

hilmar

Thanks, I understand. “The empire fights back”. 😉

Belfast_Saab

If there was something more to it, there are plenty of interested journalists who would have proven something by now. In my eyes offshoring your capital or income is probably just prident tax planning – this in itself I am aware is almost a crime in Sweden where paying tax is so sacred, but in most other Euro countries and the US I believe it is still ‘unpopular’ to pay more than you have to…….

saabdog

I think my head is going to explode. Somebody get me a beer!

KarlR

Look at the so called “nice” companies in the USA google etc!! They have billions outside USA just because tax planning!!

Khrisdk

All this is just an indication that the battleground has shifted to morality issues
As I stated above it is a rerun if news from 2 weeks ago, with no added facts.
You would have thought that the brave investigating journalist would have been able to provide a little more facts after 2 weeks

hilmar

So if they now use morality issues there must be less for them to argue, suppose they are a bit cornered.

gpg41
In my opinion there is a concerted effort to discredit VM, VA, Saab and anyone associated with them. The Swedish Goverrnment, EIB and the media are working hand in hand against Saab, etc. Personally we have owned 12 Saab vehicles since 1987 (9000 turbo) and presently have three (99 Viggen, 08 9-5 SC & 09 9-3 SC) Saabs. We have enjoyed every one and have been waiting for the new 9-5 SC to arrive in the USA. It appears that this might not happen; so we will carry on with our present vehicles. As a thought for the future of… Read more »
mnztr

The govt says in one breath it has money and in another it cannot support from public funds. What is it? I know they should not subsidize SAAB, but if they can support SAAB with a decent business plan to independance, then surely it is worth it? I hope SAAB sues the govt at some point. This production stoppage, if blamed on the GOVT has cost hundreds of millions of $$

Tripod
Sadim, What is your intention with those lengthy quotes? These fees have been mentioned here earlier, and also discussed a bit in the media earlier. Are you trying to change the focus? Some have followed your lead. This post is about Antonov’s thoughts of investigating what has been said and done during this process. See my comment to another post today; the EIB has been acting quite weird in some cases. http://saabsunited.saabklubben.se/2011/07/eib-replacement-snippets.html#comment-147465 – When the request came for changed ownership, April this year, they said that they were working on it. – Then time passed by, they said they couldn’t… Read more »
ivo 71
The timing of this bit of ‘investigative journalism’ suggests to me that this is a PR trick of the Swedish Government. They are, I believe, using their influence on certain media to create an impression of Victor Muller being a shady operator who uses tax paradises to funnel away funds from an ailng Swedish business that the Swedish authorities worked so hard to save. Actually, this way of offshoring capital is a quite normal and legitimate method of tax planning anywhere else in the world and the amounts quoted aren’t at all excessive. VM is doing nothing but trying to… Read more »
Jeff

Not to fuel more conspiracy theories, but it strikes me as odd too that these stories came out today. Pretty pissed that Sadim felt the need to post them here on his own. Can’t delete them now, though…too much commentary attached.

skwdenyer
Just to add something to the mix. In the UK, the ‘Phoenix 4’ who took on MG Rover paid just £10 for the company and then, apparently, proceeded to pay themselves £40-50m over 4-5 years. They got a huge return for nothing. VM, on the other hand, has invested millions of euros of his own money into buying out Saab from GM. He deserves, IMHO, to be paid well for having provided work for Saab’s employees during this time, and for having provided a chance of survival – even if it turns out not to be. Otherwise, what is this… Read more »
saabdog

Well said. Nothing infuriates me more than people who think making money legally and ethically is evil. Think where Saab would be today had VM not bought the company. If you ask me, all of these whining crybabies are monday morning quarterbacks with an axe to grind.

GerritN
And just to clarify the Dutch tax situation that VM is facing a bit further. The Dutch tax system doesn’t only tax income but also wealth. Taxing income is a fair way for a government to get revenue, you earn money, you pay tax over it once. A wealth based tax means that the tax collector will come back every year to tax your possessions, i.e. without further income ultimately they’ll take everything you have. This is pretty unfair. Of course this system leads to people going of-shore with their money. VM is just one of many people that have… Read more »
Khrisdk

Since this not by any means your average bank, and involves government and EU appointed people, there may very well be basis for a lawsuit.
I am by no means saying that VA would win the case, but in a legal court it will be very hard to ignore the accusations, and as such We as people could be informed about what has been going on.
VA has the money to drive a case through if he wants, even if he risks losing

Khrisdk

which would be an answer to a statement from sadim fat above this comment.
The joys of mobile devices.

guy55

hallo saabbisten,here Belgium,

stop please with searching and speculation,everyday is differend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lets go starting the production of saab!!!! that is wat we need!!!h
please stand-up !
people of saabsweden please get out of the street,where is jour indenity of saab!!!!!

aap
ON SAAB THE GOVERNMENT INVESTOTRS AND ANTONOV The strategy of western countries to become service oriented economies; that eventually all production, except state of the art, will disappear from these country’s, is outdated. Not everybody has the brains to become a doctor or a lawyer. There are simply to many people there that need an honest job and governments start to realize that. The US are now to rebuild their society, says Barack Obama. Reindustrialisation will be the goal.They started it three years ago by simply buying General Motors, since then called Government Motors. So far for free market economies… Read more »
DUTCH900C

aap, what a very nice piece of text you have wrote and i can do only two thing:
1. Give you a big applause!
2. Completly agree with what you have wrote!

sandborg

katar1na
“And then there is Maud Olofson claiming the government cannot be more involved than it is. Cannot? They don’t want to! Why is that? Have they lost all faith in Saab? Is she still living in the 80’s? Is it ideology?” This hidden agenda now has to be official to us all. Yes, as an answer to your questions… yes, unfortunetely. But there is something called justice still… This government had its last chance to make things right, after decades of not that much more impressive government from the social democrats (I do not like poltics at all, but it´s… Read more »
DUTCH900C

When is in Sweden the next election?

gunteman

September 2014

DUTCH900C

That’s (much) to late to make it easier for Vladimir Antonov to help “our brand”, so mister Vladimir Antonov: Get on with your fantastic way to try to help and save SAAB!

Saabim

1* It´s so, I agree you.

bert
get back to the main points I think: 1. VA asks to be a share holder. The government EIB led him astray? What did his laywers do? 2. No salaries one time and an apology by VM….this will never happen again 3. Couple of weeks later it happens again 4. Chinese saviours. They pay in advance but will have securties no doubt. So no cars….what will they have/own? 5. Now no money that was promised……no securities on Saab side? 6 . EIB VA never ever as in 2009 and we have said so fom the beginning. what did VM /… Read more »
Tripod
I don’t know where you get your information, or if you mix up some things. “2. No salaries one time and an apology by VM….this will never happen again” As far as I know VM didn’t comment on that, in June. The workers were back Tuesday 28 June, and it seems like some of them thought that he was also going to address them at that time, at least from some comments in Swedish media at the time, I know that since remember reading it, and didn’t think that it would happen at that time, as I was sure he… Read more »
KarlR

Today I have a thought for the SAAB workers that havent got paid and cant pay there bills until monday! 🙁 I feel for you all!!

skwdenyer

I was under the impression that the union had arranged loan facilities to pay the salaries to those (union members) who requested them, the loan to be paid back either (a) by Saab or, if the worst happened, by (b) the Government under its various protection measures.

I may be wrong, and I know that not all affected Saab employees are union members, but what I have read leads me to believe that hardship will be reduced for many. Not at all great times for anybody, but better than nothing.

How are licence plate holder sales going?

This thread is not pretty and I really dont want to comment other than say this.

Where the heck is TimR with that good news he promised last night!!! 🙂

TM

saabdog

Yes! We’re in need of some good news.

On his way back from Cyprus I guess.

Carlo A

We want him back from Cyprus only with the good news, otherwise he can stay there 🙂

Tilley

katar1na

Thank God I´m married and too old for that amazing russian guy I guess… I said it before, but I sure do love Antonov 😉

GO FOR IT, ANTONOV! It´s not fair what they´ve done to SAAB and you guys, and I sure do hope it will cost!

Sometimes there has to be justice in this rotten world.

Mynoob

Smart move VA, pissing off Swegov who you need to get EIB approval :).

I mean is this guy brilliant or what? ;).

Get serious, get the money get it done – or go home – that pretty much sums up my feelings right now.

Red J

Mynoob,
I thought everybody would know by now that the EIB has stated that they will never let Mr. Antonov in as long as Saab is lending money from them, and that the Swedgov did know about that during the last one and a half years.

So, no EIB approval achievable means no need to be utterly friendly to the Swedgov.

Troels, Denmark
What I like about the Saab-brand and the Saab-cars are first off all the integrity that most other car-makers lack. That the thoughts, innovations and care for the driver/customer/human made by the clever engineers are expressed all the way through. That there is coherence between inside and outside. That the shape is “materialized philosophy and ethics”. It is some evil kind of irony that exactly this car-company, of all, is now becoming the ball in the ball-game off politicians, the press and what might be economical speculators (???). One thing is; Will Saab survive? Another thing is: Will Saab survive… Read more »
hilmar

The implicated parties don´t know and don´t want to know. They are not a scrap interested in Saab. They are too ordinary to imagine its value. However I believe the pure Saab spirit will survive and anyways I get the feeling Saab will survive – waiting for TimR and his plane landing in Sweden. Have a nice weekend driving your Saab. 🙂

Jonas Axelsson

Villy Antonov and the Swedish Factory would make a wonderful fairy tale. Imagine a place where little Troll like creatures called Oompa-Loompas lovingly and willingly make Saabs all day long for a hand full of cacao beans since they need no money.

A place where Augustus Gloop pretends to work for Villy but actually works for the Volvonicious Knids.

Oompa-Loompa loompity doo, I think I have GM in my shoe, Oompa-Loompa loompity dee I blame it all Saabs problems on EIB. Oompa-Loompa loompity doo and for fun I think I’ll sue you!

Chris_de_Ze
I hope that someone finally (whoever be Anotonov himself or somebody else; it doesn’t matter to me) saves Saab and the brand continues to flourish and produce nice, reliable and safe cars. It is also to our best interests, as being Saab cars owners, that the brand continues to exist otherwise our cars will heavily depreciate and it would be very hard to find spares in the future. Let’s hope that a solution will be found for Saab to survive once more and get going strong! PS: It is also strange (and surprising) that one of the best, most intriguing… Read more »