*BREAKING NEWS* : Americans to save Saab *update*

People asked in the last days where Victor Muller was, well it seems like Di found out.

According to DI, a US investor plans to be part owner of Saab.

A major U.S. investor plans to become a part owner of Saab Automobile, which would provide opportunities to organize the plant. It said a source familiar with the Saab to the Financial Times.

Saab hopes that the agreement must be finalized by the end of the week or weekend, according to Di’s source.

Saab’s CEO and chairman Victor Muller has been in the U.S. for almost two weeks and chased capital. He has negotiated with several U.S. investors, writes DI.

“I can confirm that Victor Muller is working hard to provide both long term and short-term capital to create a stable situation for Saab. More than that, I can not comment,” said Ms Gustav from Saab’s information department.

I think this should be the end of the short term solutions. / RedJ

Thanks to Fredrik who sent an e-mail about it, and WD78 who also posted this in a comment. I was just about to make a post of it when I saw that RedJ just had done that. May I ask that before we go speculating in the comments about this, take a deep breath and keep in mind  that we so far do not know so much about this yet. Hopefully we’ll get more information during the day or weekend! / Carl-Henrik

_______

Hey Victor, since I know you read this, give me a call if you need a drink (or some extra caffeine) when you have a chance in NY. 😉 -Jeff

—-

Update 20110804-1700 CEST

The Spanish ABC news-site has further news on the “Americans”. Manuel Alcazar, Managing director of Saab Spain, has told to the ABC newspaper that Victor Muller is now closing a contract with an American Investor to take over the EIB loan.

Eric Geers did tell the truth, and nobody asked him the right questions. 😉

Tim

Unbelievable. It seems like VM has never stopped and will never stop. 🙂

900 classic cab
5 years 1 month ago

He told us he would never give up 🙂

nils
5 years 1 month ago

Just a pity that he did not get money from GEM in March and help from other investors to pay suppliers in time… Then Saab would have been in much better shape and maybe JAJ had stayed on board.

I sincerely hope he can get enough funds to get production started next week as planned, though.

DUTCH900C

What a terrific news!!

i. ant. kal.
5 years 1 month ago

oh my god… i almost fell of my chair…

turbofever
5 years 1 month ago

Does anyone know more about who the investor is?

michael

CJ?
Any comments? 🙂

Grumpy
5 years 1 month ago

Maybe we get to use those good ol’ ‘Cowboy Up!’

Cowboy up!

jouni72
5 years 1 month ago

Or prayers about Apple has been heard… 🙂 Whatever, this sounds good, very good!

i. ant. kal.

🙂 hahha… well maybe

martinsaab

Wow. Incredible news.

SAABNUT
5 years 1 month ago
There are offcourse not much details – but it seems we can rest assure that V M really try to find an interim solution untill the Chinese investors get their approval. The more time, money and effort the Chinese invest the stronger their determination and persistance, this for sure indicationg their commitment. Just cursed be the red tape sourounding everything – from the EIB loans to the Chinese goverment foreign investment regulations. Realistically the EIB loans must be repaid in order to get the freedom to set-up a new owner structure and recapitalize SAAB. A lot of money up-front and… Read more »
Patrik B
5 years 1 month ago

I guess that the number one priority for VM is to get out of the EIB dependeny. So I hope that this investor is connected to a major loan that can repay EIB. Once EIB is out of the picture Antonov may also enter which provide even more capital.

It might just work…

Saabim

1* It’s so I think too

Jeff
5 years 1 month ago

Maybe they could just move the entire operation to the US where currency and labor is cheaper allowing for faster profitability too?

I kid, I kid! Just joking everyone 🙂

skn
5 years 1 month ago

Great news – and I also have to say, I told you so. VM is determined to make this work – for both love and money – all the right reasons.

SAAB up!

guy55
5 years 1 month ago

SWEDEN!!!! HERE BELGIUM ,LET DE SUN SHINE !!!
griffin up ,here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KarlR
5 years 1 month ago

Great news!! Hope everything folds out!!

LCosta
5 years 1 month ago

You might not want to use the word ” fold “. Not appropriate right now!

SaabKen

C’mon CJ, we know it’s you ……… 😉

GRIFFIN UP !!

hilmar

@Khrisdk. Do you have any music for this event ? 🙂

DUTCH900C
5 years 1 month ago

I’m of course not Khrisdk, but when i saw your question i just thought about a song of Cliff Richards.

So Mr. Victor Muller: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=us3dQ0nnlHY !

Khrisdk

I think that DUTCH900C covered it nicely
Other than that I will just take my moment in time with this.

sandborg
5 years 1 month ago

Now that is first class.
Beautiful. Thanks!

turbofever
5 years 1 month ago

The stock is rising, just now +18,72.

turbofever

+32,48

turbofever

+45,30

w3c validator
5 years 1 month ago

The stock is moving up and down every other day now. This is a day when it moves up. We don’t have to have posted here every single change. That it changes – we know. The precise degree of change doesn’t say anything else more than there is a higher demand for buying the stock now than there is a willingness to sell it.

goose
phermansson
5 years 1 month ago

Goose: you have linked to this site before. We know very well what it is, that you hang around there, and there are a few guys on that site who copy paste our articles to a forum! I fail to see that our news have such a significant impact that you claim! I have been monitoring SWAN’s shares for a very long time and we publish news at the same rate as everyone else. You have made your point, more than once now… its enough!

SaabSouth
5 years 1 month ago

Invest in what? Youngman have not paid in their equity stake as yet , so what would these people be getting for the money. It all sounds so familiar, another white knight coming over the horizon with a bag of money but they never actually stump up the cash! we have been here so many times, it is all spin until there are some hard $$$$$ in the bank!

Khrisdk
5 years 1 month ago

Maybe, but until then please don’t press the autodestruct button..

KarlR
5 years 1 month ago

You don’t sound so happy!! Is it better that they go bankrupcy? I love SAAB and I hope everything will be fixed.

obelix
5 years 1 month ago

It seems you forgot the Chinese did ‘stomp up their cash’ bij ordering and paying for cars while the factory was at a standstill.

BoeBoe
5 years 1 month ago
Pang Da & Youngman will not be inesting any money in Saab very soon. http://www.chinacartimes.com/2011/08/04/youngman-and-pangda-will-submit-saab-stake-acquisition-plan-to-ndrc-within-three-weeks/ Weird that this news is not mentiond on SU. Only uncomfirmed stories about American cowboys. If Saab can’t find an investor to pay its employees in two weeks, it will be forced to start liquidation process. Then its deals with Pangda and Youngman will become invalid completely, but due to restrictive policies by the Chinese government, the two Chinese companies are not allowed to make more investment to save Saab at the moment. So Pang Da & Youngman won’t be able to do anything for… Read more »
v4ever
5 years 1 month ago
This is of course great news,,, but lets see how its linked to yesterdays great news & why you do need to worry about the share price Goose. The share price first thing this morning was 18.72 & its now 45.30. First of all, most shares will be going through a “dead cat bounce” following yesterdays tumbling prices. What we then need to concern us is the much praised GEM deal from yesterday which is based on the average share price for the next ten days. Any time that the stock stays high, it will raise the average price and… Read more »
Khrisdk
5 years 1 month ago

Wow..I thought I was good at speculating.
Yes, this is business.
Yes, the people rom GEM will do whatever to make a profit.

The rest of the investors seems to think that ther is a litle more business in Saab than that.

Regarding the SWAN stocks, they are a highly volatile stock in a market that can best be described as a bunch of premenstruel brokers hunting for the quickest fix

GrumpyGriffin
5 years 1 month ago

Ah a conspiracy theory that makes sense, that what I was thinking when I asked:

“Strange how the share price dropped drastically yesterday, i wonder what’s going to happen today?”

earlier in this thread, it was a very timely article and of course not attributable to Saab.

BoeBoe
5 years 1 month ago
The stock is dropping because GEM has to sell 5 million shares during 15 trading days. They do not intend to keep the shares (never did so in the past). By dumping shares they can put pressure the shares price. The price they have to pay is the average closing price during a period of 15 trading days. So when the share price is way up (like today) they can sell for that “high” price and the price goed down. And at the end of the day only the end of day share price is used for the calculation of… Read more »
jond
5 years 1 month ago
@Gawdlpus Absolutely right. SWAN is a highly volatile stock with a surprisingly high volume traded. So, buy 100,000 steadily in the market on bad days – start a rumour and make sure that SU hears about it (and presume they will report it) – sell on a rising price for an average gain of 15 cents. => EUR 15,000 gain for a few day’s trading – not a bad short-term return. SU must be very, very careful not to be suckered by false rumours, nor to react to privileged (inside) information. Having said that, IMHO the site seems to be… Read more »
aki
5 years 1 month ago

This is absolutely thrilling. VM will never give up and I have faith in him and the Saab team.

TonymacUK
5 years 1 month ago

Hmmmm! Summing up, we have an agreement with PangDa and Youngman, still to be ratified. We have Mr. Antonov hovering on the sidelines, through him we GEM`s involvement, and now we possibly have a so far unknown American investor. This becomes more exciting every day

Joe___

GEM & Gemini Investment Fund Limited (Gemini) = separate companies/funds

till72
5 years 1 month ago

The missing link now is someone to pay off EIB and if nessesary GM.

Sadim
5 years 1 month ago

I’m putting my money on the mysterious American being old friend Mark Bishop 😉 http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2009/08/sub-prime-mortgage-maven-mark-bishop-booted-out-of-saab-buyout/

Birds of a feather fly together……

P.H
5 years 1 month ago

Drive with Saab fly with Virgin maybe?

m!ko
5 years 1 month ago

Virging takes of from Aussie, but.. there were some connections… nice speculation 🙂

m!ko

Virgin, I mean 🙂

BoeBoe
5 years 1 month ago

Virgin Atlantic Airways = Uk based.

m!ko
5 years 1 month ago

Ok, true, I meant Mr Branson as a supposed source of financing, but whatever, it’s all just a speculation, VM is in USA – not connected with any of what we suggested 🙂 Most importand thing, is to find a reliable partner for Saab, to roll the production line again, not only for test, but as a “here to stay”.

BoeBoe
5 years 1 month ago

Richard Branson is 100% British. Born & raised in London.

m!ko
5 years 1 month ago

BoeBoe, the most I knew, was his Aussie business with VirginBlue, now i know more. Thx for information.

v4ever
5 years 1 month ago

Can we get rid of these fantasies about Richard Branson or Steve Jobs riding over the horizon to dig Saab out of its mess once and for all please?
Whoever this American investor is, it is almost 100% another motor company or far more likely a venture capital company that no one on here will have heard of. People on here really do need to be far more realistic about what the situation is.

And as someone has already pointed out, Virgin is a UK company.

m!ko

eot

Sensonic
5 years 1 month ago

Great news! Way to go! Now I only have to try to change my current employers company car policy in order to lease a SAAB within few next years when the lease of my current Skoda 🙁 has expired 😉

Beechy
5 years 1 month ago

I only went to my dealership to buy a car, i didn’t know that a free rollercoaster ride was part of the deal !!!!!!

obelix

+1 LOL

Bravada from GMI
5 years 1 month ago

It would be great is Saab USA offered free rollercoaster rides in a theme park of your choice while you’re waiting for your ordered Saab 😀

Beechy
5 years 1 month ago

I’m taking the family on holiday next week to florida but i bet none of the rides there can compare to this one

meg haviland
5 years 1 month ago

Fingers crossed, plz make this true. Time to get off this crazy rollercoaster and back into positive news feeds. Getting tired of even reading the auto rags with all the new 2012’s w bad press on Saab. I know he was in NYC more than a month ago working on this……tired of losing sales because of naysayers. Even Consumer Reports is saying to stay away. Lost a sale last week because of them to a new non-saaber who was really positive about buying one until she read this. Couldn’t change her mind after she saw this:(

scand
5 years 1 month ago

Maybe gm will reinvest. They have the most to lose if others get hold of the ip indirectly or otherwise.

Plus what they are churning out is pretty good now.

5 years 1 month ago

Good point. Isnt it? I think GM would rather see another outcome than allow their IP to slip into other hands though.

5 years 1 month ago

With this promising line up of cars on the road and in the works someone is bound to see a lot of potential in our lovely car company. 🙂

CJ
5 years 1 month ago
Michael and Grumpy: We have never been contacted by, or in contact with, Mr. Muller since the Spyker deal was completed. Never met the man and that remains the case today. We have said for a long time, dealers and distribution were the key and placement of the brand early on in a very competitive market was critical. I don’t know much more than anyone today but do know Saab has great products (quality and safety) and a great team. In hindsight, I would have liked to see her to build slowly and conservatively, avoid fancy, and simply let Saab… Read more »
michael
5 years 1 month ago

Anyway, CJ, always nice to see you, thanks for dropping in!
I just hope some kind of deal is being done. We’ll wait and see.

Jeff
5 years 1 month ago

Paging anyone who’s listening…read the update 😉

Khrisdk
5 years 1 month ago

I like updates..Especially like that one
Please keep them coming as we close in on the press release