UPDATE: Irene Postpones Swedish Car Day

That may be the weirdest headline I’ve ever written. No, she’s not some fat angry lady causing trouble, she’s a big fat hurricane causing serious havoc on millions of Americans’ lives this weekend. Because of the impending hurricane (after the east coast’s first earthquake in as long as anyone can remember, my house shook…), Pierre from Charles River Saab let us know that Swedish Car Day will be postponed one week. From Pierre:

The change is official.

Swedish Car Day has been rescheduled. I am announcing this earlier than previously stated. The museum needed to know today so as to arrange their staffing, and it did not look like there would be any significant news regarding the weather pattern. If anything, the forecast for 2-10” of rain in the northeast corridor preceding the hurricane made the change inevitable. Therefore:

Swedish Car Day 2011 will take place on September 4, 2011

Anyone who has already registered for Swedish Car Day and is still planning to attend doesn’t need to do anything further. If, unfortunately, you are unable to attend and you have registered, please cancel your reservation. If you have not yet registered but are planning on coming, please wait until noon on Friday by which time I will have adjusted the parameters at  SCD Registration to enable sign-up  on September 4.

The Saturday events, the Rally and pre-Swedish Car Day Gathering and Cookout will take place on September 3. If you were registered for the rally and plan on attending, no further action is required. If you were planning on participating but can’t please email me at [email protected] If you had not signed up for the Rally but want to participate on September 3, please wait until noon tomorrow and go to the same registration page as cited above and register for the September 3 date.

I know that the change will be a blessing to some, a hardship to others, but it was the only reasonable thing to do. Here’s to everyone staying safe as Irene makes her pass—

Depending on how the hurricane effects my work schedule, I’m going to try to make it up from NYC too. To all of you in the storm’s path, please stay safe, and park your Saab on high ground!

BoeBoe
5 years 1 month ago

– And Saab postpones the payment of salaries.
– Kronofogden already took 352.000 euro from Saab’s account and they are looking for more
– Saab needs to pay at least 17 million to employees & Kronofogden within a few days

m!ko

oh, she’s a bad girl 😉

Peter Gilbert
5 years 1 month ago
Yes indeed! I too am following this closely because I am still in New Hampshire waiting for Swedish Car Day as I have never been able to attend. Well this year after the SAAB Convention in New Jersey I have been visiting family in the Granite State. If I have to return to Milwaukee sooner, then so be it. However I had a blast yesterday when I ascended to the summit of Mt Washington, NH in my 2001 Viggen. Having done the Run for the rockies after the 2009 Convention with the same car I was amazed how much steeper… Read more »
pierre
5 years 1 month ago

Thanks, Jeff, for helping get the word out. Just a small point. If we do move Swedish Car Day, and we almost certainly will, the postponement is only one week, not two. I know….can September really be next week?

JasonPowell
5 years 1 month ago

Sorry to hear Pierre, I know a lot of planning goes into an event like this, too bad that damn Irene has to get in the way. Hope all goes well next week and I pray she doesn’t hit you guys.

MarkS
5 years 1 month ago

Well, at least it’s just a postponement…see you guys there!

Pedro
5 years 1 month ago

Lets’ hope Irene weakens enough before making landfall not to cause major damage. Be safe, everyone!

Sadim
5 years 1 month ago

Since no comments can be made in direct connection to the biggest piece of news since 2009, any suggestions where questions and comments can be placed (and my anterior is not an option)?

Khrisdk
5 years 1 month ago

In the forum under post discussions

v4ever
5 years 1 month ago

So the site is being censored now when it comes to what I guess is bad news? I think that it is very important that at the very least the moderators of the site inform everyone what reconstruction actually is? Is it what we call in the UK Administration?

Khrisdk

I dunno.
I just referred to the option of the forum.
Just to make things a little wierder I just sent a mail today to the crew asking if one of them had time to explain procedures with regards to bth the unions and DEA in a post so that it could be used as a reference

Pedro

Good initiative, Khrisdk 🙂

Khrisdk
5 years 1 month ago

Well, the wierdness was more that the next that came up was the reconstruction thing 🙂
Personally I think it was a good decision by Trued to lock the comments until TimR was awake to take charge.
But yes, I would like a post outlining the procedures that are in effect, and the time perspective of these.
I would be nice just referring people to a post when the same questions come up again.

Pedro
5 years 1 month ago

LOL, that’s more spooky than weird 😀

Bravada from GMI
5 years 1 month ago

I definitely believe that one should be allowed to comment on the administration/reconstruction rumor. There are not-so-kind words to be said about the management of the situation of late, and I believe they need to be said.

Pedro
5 years 1 month ago

Well… In all fairness to the guys running SU the comments have been unlocked on the reconstruction post for quite some time now. Can only write it for myself, so for whatever it is worth, I know I would be very interested in reading your assessment of the situation at SAAB.

Nissi