The Hirsch has landed!

Saab 9-5 Hirsch Performance
Saab 9-5 Hirsch Performance

A few weeks ago I posted that the first bunch of Hirsch parts was on a ship to the USA. Now I’m glad to report that they have arrived and the first parts have already been installed to customer’s cars.

The participating dealers will be added to the dealer finder on the Hirsch homepage as they recieve it. A total number of 25 have ordered the IPRO programming tool. It could have been quite a few more earlier this year but the current uncertainty made some dealers wait. If your dealer doesn’t offer Hirsch yet I’d still encourage you to show him that you’re interested so he can see that there will be return on investment.

The first two dealers to have their IPRO are International Motors Ltd. in Falls Church, VA and Reinertsen Motors Inc in Denville, NJ. The latter is quite close to the 2011 SOC so it may be a nice idea to visit them and get your car a souvenir. 🙂

For further information contact your dealer, check what I posted back in July or take a look at the Hirsch Performance homepage.

Phoenix
5 years 1 month ago

Now I only need a 9-5 Aero..

PJPHughes
5 years 1 month ago

All I need is a new 9-5 Aero SC! Let’s hope we see those soon. I’ll be first in line to upgrade the engine, as I think 220hp in an AWD wagon is going to be a bit taxed.

dcpattie
5 years 1 month ago

I wonder if our Saab Club North America membership gets us 10% off at participating dealerships?

SPG900NY

Yes it does, and Reinertsen is a participating dealer. 🙂

JasonPowell
5 years 1 month ago

dcpattie, talk to your local Saab dealer and see if they’ll do something for you, I know most of us would be willing to do something for you.

CYQB
5 years 1 month ago

Do you know if Hirsch will be available in Canada?

JasonPowell

CYQB,
Hirsch will most definitely be available in Canada. I was told that we would follow the US, probably another month if the US has started now. I will send another email out and see if I get a definite time for you.

CYQB
5 years 1 month ago

Thank you for the answer. Sorry if I am late.

ausscot
5 years 1 month ago

I have a co-worker who is interested in a 9-3 convertible, but is coming from a S2000 with more HP. I inquired about Hirsch upgrade availability but none of the sales or service folks knew anything about it. They suggested we go to a local tuner and were extremely surprised to find out this was backed by Saab. Disappointing.

Chris Carrier
5 years 1 month ago

Disgusting. Seriously, how hard is it to know this basic stuff? If you have a customer who is wavering due to the car’s performance because it’s not as powerful as (fill in the blank), so be able to say that a $1k upgrade adds 30hp, or 40hp could seal the deal. It’s just LAZY.

JasonPowell
5 years 1 month ago

Chris, the unfortunate there is that it sounded like the salesman just didn’t even know that they could offer such an upgrade. Hopefully the dealer is aware and will start to offer Hirsch.

SAABoy
5 years 1 month ago

Beauty!!!! Im surprised there haven’t been more pleasant comments…

I wonder how the Combi will look, maybe a different spoiler?

katar1na

Beauty – YESSS….

STUNNING beauty – may explain the silence…. 😉

The Combi will cruel in black and hirsch equip… Dotz razor rims… gaaah!

Iiari
5 years 1 month ago
Im surprised there haven’t been more pleasant comments… Well, there is other stuff going on right now with Saab distracting people, ya’ know… That white 9-5 is gorgeous and “Hirsching” it out is probably the only way I would buy one. If I were a Saab dealer, I’d deck one or two 4 cyl 9-5’s fully out in Hirsch gear and sell them for a few grand more than stock but less than Aero, as there’ practically a big price gap between the two. A local BMW dealer used to do that with AC Schnitzer products and did quite well… Read more »
Jonas Axelsson
5 years 1 month ago
Let me say this … about that. 1. Reinertsen is a great bunch of folks and they are a stand alone Saab dealership that deserves your support. 2. Pox on Hirsch for leaving the 280 horse and Turbo X crowd out. I waited a long time and with all that talent you could have tossed us a “25 horsepower” bone. You didn’t and that is sad. Sorry but I am not the kind of guy that reaches over and feels that rich Swiss leather door handle. It’s the motor you goof balls, the motor and handling. Just in case you… Read more »
Iiari
5 years 1 month ago
Pox on Hirsch for leaving the 280 horse and Turbo X crowd out. I waited a long time and with all that talent you could have tossed us a “25 horsepower” bone. You didn’t and that is sad… It’s the motor you goof balls, the motor and handling. Just in case you were listening. Well I feel better now anyway. I completely agree with you. I was waiting for a boost for my TX-SC as well and didn’t want to go the MapTun route and risk my warranty, but I guess that’s out now :(. What TX owner, if contacted… Read more »
Khrisdk
5 years 1 month ago

Yes..on the east side of the atlantic ocean.
I know a few