9-4Xhirsch

Dreaming of a Hirsch 9-4X

I got a few emails from people who wanted this on the front page who originally missed it because I buried it in an article. So here it is, what happens when you add new lower panels to the 9-4X and some Hirsch wheels. Amazing. Imagine what happens when you give the 2.8T the same upgrade as the 9-5 2.8T XWD? 330HP, yes please. Consider it Saab-Prozac to get you through the weekend. Hopefully Hirsch gets to do their own version very soon.

And by request, more colors after the break.

ryanonsrc

A 330 HP Saab 4X would be awesome … talk about one bad-ass SUV πŸ˜‰

5 years 17 days ago

Agreed. Saab needs to get back to the roots. The 99/900/9000 turbo’s sold well because they weren’t so darn ‘responsible’. BTW is there anything that could sound more boring to someone who’s comparing cars with good performance?
Saabs used to be sold with tags like; faster than a Ferrari Testarossa from, was it 80-120 km/h in 5th gear? Or something like that.

Kimberly
5 years 16 days ago

Yes, 330hp would make it a nice SUV. πŸ™‚ that’s how the Aero should be delivered to begin with. -_-

JasonPowell
5 years 17 days ago

I don’t know Jeff, this could be their version, beautiful looking. I love it and I think there are owners already that would like it now.

Frank Wulfers
5 years 17 days ago

Hopefully, Hirsch will be able to do something with the 3.0i engine as well. How about a bolt-on turbo package? πŸ™‚

900_S
5 years 17 days ago

This is what this site needs: an in-house photoshoper to showcase a few possibilities. Granted, this is just changing a few things, but I remember some of your other work, Jeff. I’m sure I have some saved on my computer somewhere, back when magazines were toying with the new 92 design/idea. Pictures are very important, and you’ve made some good ones.

ryanonsrc
5 years 17 days ago

Another thing I’d like to add: The deep blue Hirsch version, that you have here, really excites me for some reason

phermansson
5 years 17 days ago

After having driven the 9-4x I realized that a high powered engine is not something I would choose in this car…

A 2.0T Hirsched 260 HP BioPower engine would be just perfect. This car is a cruiser not a racers even though handling is great, if I was to have 330 HP, I’d rather have them in a 9-3…

Btw. I’m just loving that body kit on the 9-4, in grey it looks really cool πŸ™‚

5 years 17 days ago

if I was to have 330 HP, I’d rather have them in a 9-3…

Great minds think alike πŸ˜‰ I didn’t read this before commenting to Chris.

5 years 17 days ago

Correction. Not rather, but including the 9-3.
With the comfy Griffin seats a Hirsched or Maptuned 9-3 Aero V6 would be on my very short list of cars in Germany or NA.

Red J
5 years 17 days ago

Tim, it is about markets.
People in the US would love it.

I would also take the same engine option as you.

BTW, Mr. Collin said in his article that Saab is currently working on a Bio-gas engine for the 9-4x for MY 13 and nobody seems to be interested πŸ™

phermansson
5 years 17 days ago

Well actually a biogas engine in the 9-4x would be great in Scandinavia! I think it would sell very well!

Biogas is today almost as popular as E85 here and more stations are getting equipped with biogas. Just imagine a Tri-Fuel 9-4x… πŸ™‚

Arctic white Hirsch 9-4X. Pretty pretty pretty. πŸ™‚

Doctor Donk
5 years 16 days ago

If Trollhattan plant wont start until 9-4x available in Russia i ll take it with this package in black instead of 9-5..

Piet-Hein S.
5 years 16 days ago

what’s wrong with a Saab in standard config?

when i got my 9k 2.3T Grififn, people asked me if i would tune up the engine…no, i didnot, i haven’t done it, and i never will.

why? 200bhp/143KW should be enough.

Doctor Donk
5 years 16 days ago

Saab is slow from factory but has good potential for tuning.

Piet-Hein S.
5 years 16 days ago

to me, 143Kw for a 1485kg car is enough. in order to enjoy that amount of power again, i only need a new gearbox πŸ™

Khrisdk
5 years 16 days ago

Didn’t Kim96V4, one of the members of our club in DK offer you one for free?
Get in touch with him, and I’ll see if I can get a good deal on courir delivery.
Or just stop by on the way to the October Fest.
And if you should feel a sudden need for more power, we can arrange that too πŸ˜‰

Piet-Hein S.
5 years 16 days ago

what i learnt from the guys at Van den Bosch (saab-specialist, Vinkeveen, NL), there is a difference between gearboxes for ‘early years’ (1985-1992) and ‘later years’ (1993+). not sure which one suits mine. (i have a ‘red’ engine, does that ring a bell, anyone?)

on the way to THN….if i go, it’ll be with the old 9k…have to see if it’s possible….

(how to get in touch with Kim96v4?)

sorry Jeff…way off-topic! πŸ˜‰

Red J
5 years 16 days ago

9kCD,
you can send personal messages to Khrisdk πŸ˜‰
On the right side you can click on Profile
Then on the left side you will find the Messages menu, from there you can send a Message to any user at SU, and you don’t evenhave to remeber how the name is written as you can choose from a list.

rune
5 years 16 days ago

OTOH, tech talk makes for a pleasant change in the comments section… πŸ˜‰