I just wanted to take a quick opportunity to highlight the work being done by people around the world in organising Saab support meetings on the weekend of the 14th and 15th January next year.
When we had the Saab Support Convoys in 2010, they were held over three separate weekends. It’s great to see everyone jumping on board early to make sure the main weekend, the 14/15th of January, will be a busy day in the Saab calendar.
If you’ve been keeping up with the news, you might be aware that investors are taking the opportunity to look at Saab, both as a going concern and for its technology. As written by Ttela, Victor Muller is still in there fighting for the company’s future as well.
Saab was bought whilst in liquidation back in 2010 and you should be assured that it can happen again.
With that in mind, here’s a list of the locations where Saab support meetings are currently being organised. It’s great to see people getting on board. If you want to show your community’s support for the brand, then get your friends together and register at outside-saab.com or via the email address below.
- The Netherlands
- Belgium – Brussels
- Sweden – Trollhättan
- United States – Massachusetts, Minneapolis, California, Oregon, North Carolina, New Mexico, Texas
- Poland – Warsaw
- Austria – By Saab club Austria
- Italy – Rome & Northern Italy
- Czech Republic – Brno, Prague
- France – Paris
- Hungary – by Balazs
- Denmark – Copenhagen
- United Kingdom – Bristol, Devon/Cornwall border
- Thailand – SAAB Club of Thailand
- Germany – Stuttgart
- Australia – Details will follow
- Canada – Oakville
- Russia – Moscow, Saint Petersburg and Petrozavodsk (Karelia)
- Spain – Saab Club Spain
- Finland – Saab Club of Finland is working on a meeting.
- Belarus – Minsk
- Uruguay – Club Saab Uruguay is organising an event (outstanding!).
- Japan – Details will follow
- Slovakia – Participating in the Austrian Event
Word is that events are also being organised in China and Switzerland. Details still to come.
Kudos to the Mad Dutchies for acting as information central for these meetings. Please make sure you make their job as easy as possible by getting your meeting together as soon as you can, and posting your information to outsidesaab-at-gmail.com