Keep calm… – yeah, you know.

Yesterday saw a short moment of hooray as it was reported that Youngman placed a bid on Saab. Later on it came through that the administrators were, to say the least, indifferent towards the bid and that hooray died again. Tough, but it was maybe just another lesson not to get too excited about news unless they announce a definete deal.

As the receivers said there are five parties in the game who want to take over Saab as a whole. To me this is the best news and my hope is fed from that statement. I’d expect many more to be around who are, just like Semcon, interested in bits. Despite that, the last statement from the receivers said that they try to sell Saab as a whole. And as far as they don’t state something else this is still valid. I may not agree with all of their moves but they know that a complete sale to someone who offers a future to the Saab brand in Trollhättan would be the most desired outcome.

Regarding those rumors that they are already on the way to split Saab – take them as what they are: rumors. There are so many floating around right now. Some come from “people with insight” who like to be heared, some may be conclusions by the press. Everybody colors those rumors in a way they support their position or view of course. We and you have to be pretty careful about this and that’s why I already told you in my last post that those conclusions are based on rumors.

The receivers and the interested parties are at work, discussions are ongoing on various levels. Lots of white noise are surrounding this and it is a challenge to find those pieces that have substance. Some people have asked us why we do not run one or another story. This is exactly the reason for it. We are working hard to bring the essence to you.

I did not want to use that term anymore but keep calm and carry on all we can do at the moment.

Daniel B

Thanx Till.
Excellent said!

TurboLamko

And not giving up! 😉

Alan Tsao

I will place my hope to Turkish

dezzer

ttela.se reporting that Beijing Auotmotive interested with a possible partnership with Panasonic……..to make electric cars

David-SAAB

Not sure. Reuters just posted today Panasonic copping record losses this year. Not sure where they will get the cash.

jond
I think that the ‘indifference’, which was referred to may be that, when the bid was received, the Receivers didn’t leap in the air, scream for joy and give Rachel and Mr Pang a big hug. They probably just said ‘thank you, we’ve received it and in due course we’ll let you know’ and smiled enigmatically (or something like that). They will, of course, be unable to show or leak anything at all until a proper amount of time has elapsed for the submission of all bids and for them to scrutinize all of them in detail and (possibly) to… Read more »
Karl Ask

I think mahindra!!

rask
I agree, but maybe you should not be careful what information is presented on one and only trusted source of information, Saabs United. It’s alright to present rumours, but better to be clear that what has been said is just rumours after all: Not to chose the heading: “The bid from Youngman has been rejected!” like you just did for your previous post. Better to clarify “stay calm information” in your post from the start. I do miss Swade´s thoughtful posts back in the days. It’s no use spending all days pushing the F5 button on the major newssites and… Read more »
Nicco

well to me it looked like the news site coppied from su!!!??? been up since 06:00 swe time reade news!

hogge

If Saab doesen’t get sold whole and production doesen’t resume, I vote for giving the receivers the first swedish death penalty in civilised times. Yep, time to get the pitchforks and torches.
I hope that this means that there’s an even wealthier party whom wants to buy Saab with an absolute certainty.

Saabissimo
That death penalty comment is outrageous. The receivers are not evil. They don’t have any hidden agenda. They are not part of some conspiracy. They simply work in accordance to Swedish bankruptcy law, securing the best possible deal for creditors. That may put them on a slightly different course compared to what enthusiastic Saab fans would like to see, but hey, that’s the rules of the game at this stage. Nothing we can do about it. This is bankruptcy. Bankruptcies can get messy and have to be dealt with according to the legal framework. The receivers are the ones in… Read more »
rask
They may not be evil or they might not have an hidden agenda. But their work is not to save Saab. And even though it might be a better affair for the government for Saab to survive (it costs to pay unemployment compensation). I think I’m not alone in thinking that the receivers are not experts in painting the full picture. Their job is to run a short term errand for the creditors and they are not here to make a decision from a socio-economic perspective (and even less so, for nostalgic reasons). The only thing that points in the… Read more »
Saabissimo
Rask – I agree completely. This is exactly my point. They are there to do their job from their perspective, nothing else, which may or may not eventually provide a solution we will be happy with. And as you say both some major creditors and the receivers have made public noises in the direction of a “whole package” sale, while the latest rumours contradict this. GM, as a major creditor, probably prefers a break-up. Anyway, I think we should put more trust into the receivers’ own words than unconfirmed rumours. But we won’t know anything until the deal is done.… Read more »
Angelo V.
The death penalty comment was probably tongue in cheek—a joke. But I’d like to know—-why are you so confident that there is no possible way that these receivers can’t possibly have any hidden agenda that is not necessarily in the best interest of all involved? Is Sweden without any corruption? If this were occurring here in the U.S., I’d say there would be about a 1 in 3 chance that something corrupt was happening—-money changing hands, pressure being brought from outside influences, etc. If Sweden is much more pure and it’s true that the recievers really can’t be involved in… Read more »
Angelo V.

Also—-I will anticipate your response: You will say that sure, corruption is possible, but we have no evidence of that, so why are we jumping to that conclusion. No—-we don’t have “evidence.” But I’d like to know how/why they are swinging from statements that talk about the desire to keep Saab together and sell it as a whole—-swinging to “selling it in pieces” less than a week later? That’s a red flag for me—-erratic/inconsistent sometimes mean strings are being pulled on puppets.

ivo 71

The receivers haven’t said anything of the kind. Some Swedish media did and got parroted by the rest of the world. I know it’s tough to do in the current situation but we all really need to absorb and comment on that type of non-information while still trying to keep seeing things in perspective. Presenting rumors based on unnamed and unconfirmed sources as the truth is, actually, not even close to journalism, it’s just scoop hunting and sensationalism. Please keep that in mind when reacting on SU.

Ivo

hogge

I thought that the “pitchfork and torch” part of my post made it clear that I wasn’t that serious.
I do think it’s a quite bone headed move, although I believe that Youngman’s offer didn’t exceed Saabs debts, which is sort of the point of bancrupcy.

I hope that this is an indication that there’s an even better party interrested in taking over Saab.

dave lewis

You’ve got a problem. Seek out a mental health professional.

That is a sick statement from a sick mind.

Simply9-5

Oh relax…the comment he made is pretty tame compared to some of the other one’s I heard yesterday concerning the receivers.

Angelo V.

I strongly disagree with you. I vote for a hard labor camp for them. No breakfast. Bread and water for lunch. 50 lashes for dinner. Save Saab!

Donald Munro

So as not to offend anyone, I suggest all these comments are removed from the forum. Let’s comment on the real issues please!

David-SAAB

Thanks Till.
Never give up!

Nicco

well lets pray! and buy more spare parts:) Cheers

M.A.

Thanks Till.

Nevertheless, is going to be a very cold weekend in most part of Europe, we could use some good news to warm up 😉

xelav

Aargh, waiting , not again. Unbelieveble how long this drama is going to take and already has taken. Is it realy that hard? Man, i need à drink. How easy would it be when you’re driving just a Volkswagen or simular.

nixschel
Even if we all want nothing more that Saab to be back in business, even though we are happy at every positive thing, remember that chasing rumours (as that is what they are most of the time) may just give off a wrong signal. Those in the know are informed on a need-to-know basis. Remember the pre sale to Spyker days? When journalists made it into an international sport to “do a bit of Internet journalism”? Headlessly repeating or even worse, wrongly combining stuff? I personally had to sit on my hands during that period, as trying to get nonsense… Read more »
ivo 71

In full agreement, Nic. +1.

Ivo

Donald Munro

Well said.

hans h

“Never Give Up, Never Surrender” -Jason Nesmith, Galaxy Quest

🙂

Saabheart

Why is it that Leftlanenews.com has a story saying that “Saab museum not saved after all.”? I checked The Detroit News and the article didn’t list any new information to my knowledge so I’m thinking the museum is just fine. I just don’t get it. Why does everyone hate our beloved company so much?

I wonder if Youngman low-balled the bid or if there is something else going on.

ArchDandy

Well written!
Exactly what I think about the situation.

OH

Panasonic made ​​a loss in 2011 .. 70 billion Skr. Biggest loss in history of the company. (Partners to BAIC?)

ANDREW DUNNE

has Aftonbladet or expressen made any comment on this if anyone has info get back to me tack

Nick

Baic confirmed in Ttela that they need to approve any buyer that would like to produce the Saab 9-3.

Saabissimo

No they didn’t? I don’t see how you can come to that conclusion from this article? Their answer is very vague.

MrTinkertrain

What if YM is not serius enough? Who knows? I am getting fed up with the view that they are the saviors, Rachel Pang is a nice person and one can be sure that her intensions are the best. Then why are they failing constantly? And be careful with criminalizing the administrators, they are making their job. Someone has to take the garbage out which has been left by Victor Muller. I admire him as a fan of Saab but I am sure he made serious mistakes.
This is my opinion, and may not be the truth.

DUTCH900C

If the carbrand SAAB could talk then it would say in the way Arnold Schwarzenegger it said as “The Terminator” in the film, ofcourse, “The Terminator”:

“I’ll be back!!”

kochje

+1 ; Like that. What we now need is a signature under a contract.
Then indeed Saab will be back.

And the deadline for the bids to buy the whole company is? Or are they going to drag on with this auction until everything fall apart.
Ok, 4 billion SEK anyone? BW, Mahindra, yes, no?

What…! YM was not allowed to bid for the whole company.

Daniel B

Lot´s of rumours floating around at this point:

Brightwell confirms talks with GM about 9-5 & 9-4X according to Swedish Radio West

Also Lars Holqvist CEO of CLEPA says that splitting Saab up will be a worse option in all aspects:

TurboLover
TurboLamko

Read this and it made me feel better 🙂 We have to have some faith and believe that it will be alright 😉

Simply9-5

So Brightwell might have to make a deal with the devil? Well, I guess that’s better than nothing.

But I still seem to have the feeling that the bankruptcy trustees are going to try and screw this deal up as well.

Niklas G

What a mess of conflicting messages from different parties. GM saying that they won’t co-operate with ANY bidder, Brightwell claiming to be in discussions with GM AND relying on support (not financial I hope) from the Swedish government etc etc…

Chek Enjin Soon

Support from government is always financial…

Thylmuc

What is “the whole of Saab” anyway? The previous year saw a turmoil of activities. Does the share in the plant properties now owned by Hemfosa form part of “Saab”, i.e. morally? What about Saab’s stake in eAAM? will it automatically be part of a deal, or could a potential buyer also bid excluding this stake (and selling it to the other partner)? Saab Parts? Saab UK?

The whole situation is a mess, and this need to be accounted for when digesting any statements/rumors.

saabyurk

Is this whole “bid for parts” thing a misunderstanding? I read an article recently (forgot where) where the NDO said that a bidder cannot just provide a lump sum bid. They must stipulate how much is being bid for each component, e.g., how much is for Saab Parts so the NDO can be sure their stake is being covered. I don’t think it means Saab is being split up, just that a bidder must provide specified amounts for each component, and maybe YM diidn’t do this.

Niklas G

Sounds more reasonable. Let’s hope so. (Many newspapers would probably choose other interpretations only because they give more dramatic headlines.)

TurboLover

Sell it to Volvo-Geely and keep the Saab brand? Volvo make the VWs and Saab make the Audis?

OliverH

No pease. Don’t compare with mainstream.

Coke is it

It would be more like Volvo make the VWs and Saab the Lamborghinis 🙂

David-SAAB

Volvo-Geely have nothing to do with the Volkswagen co.

Steve C.
While the news of Youngman’s bid not being accepted at this time doesn’t mean they are out of the picture, this bad news offers an opportunity to pass on a comment from Swade’s January 30 post at swadeology.com that Mahindra is the local favorite of his colleagues in Trollhattan. My last few days in Sweden were full of good times catching up with friends and colleagues. From my mate Mats to all the Saab marketing and PR types. We broke bread and talked about the way things were, the way they could have been and the way we think they… Read more »
xelav

So if brightwell is the ” winner” , we’re getting an electrical 9.4 and9.5? Like priusses? That ‘s for asholes! Mahindra please help us out here. And send someone to give the saboteurs in this proces a survival training under the artic ice. Maybe that’ll freshn them up. Realy starting to get angry now.

David-SAAB

+1. agree. nothing like an asshole driving around in a car that PRETENDS to be environmental. Its a scam.

Christof Rytz

Hi Till, think your comment is actually the right reaction. What we have to discuss is how we deal with GM. GM has actually very bad sales figures (no wonder, as I replaced 2 Opel with 2 VW in my fleet). If GM could be a part of a solution (actually GM is part of the problem) we could maybe become a WinWin-Situation

Rolf Hägg
Seriously no offense, but GM doesn’t care about Saab and they certainly don’t care that you traded two cars for another brand. They are an untouchable US company that will be around long after all of us are dead. They want Saab dead and will help no one, not the Indians or the Turks and certainly not the Chinese. If any of this Saab recovery hinders on GM in any small way, then all hope is gone. Period. The end. I for one am holding out hope that a solution w/out them is possibe however if anyone on here knows… Read more »
Angelo V.
All appearances are that GM will not cooperate, not even a little bit, with the effort to find a new owner. We could go round and round in circles about whether they’re justified or not—-I consider them a huge failure that I involuntarily propped up when my tax dollars were forfeited to them. But anyway—–it’s become clear that they are doing everything possible to obstruct this effort, not help it. I’m making the decision to not remain calm and carry on. I guess I’m carrying on, but not staying calm! By the way, don’t be so sure that they’ll be… Read more »
orion

I agree, but things are going so bad for GM right now (Opel, Volt), they may consider to step in with Brightwell to get business they probably need. I don’t trust them either that’s is for sure, but there is allways a maybe.

OliverH
Till. Thanks for the post. I think the whole situation is so unclear and not touch on/ feel it. From my outsider position: The receivers haven’t given a measurement for first selection. So no one could make a “good” bid. Youngman: They ‘ve a feeling of the value of Saab and I think as they first made the bid (in front of the others) they haven’t given max. price tag. Brightwell: I’ve no idea if they’re serious and can handle this deal in the long run. They’re kind of disturber in the bid “championship”. Mahindra & Mahindra: With Youngman first… Read more »
orion

Where is Victor at this moment where we need him?

I feel so helpless and uncertain about that three (competent?) lawyers who decide what is going to happen with SAAB.
Victor has done a good job to inform them at the beginning, maybe he must be brought in again to keep up the spirit by these people.

Allan B

Till, short for “Tiller”, as in steady hand thereon. Good post, captain.

Death penalty = past
Electric cars = future

saaburban
Maybe the lawyers are doing the right thing. – getting bids on the bits and pieces, they can then see the market value as a lumpsum or divided in smaller posts. Depending how the bidders value for instance the ‘production’ the lawyers get an indication on the importance of starting up Saab again. Maybe there is a point system where: – getting GM approval on 9-5sc & 9-4x gives +++++ points – Starting production of Electric cars +++ points – Starting production on old 9-3 ++ points – starting production of other brand +++points – investing 5 billion in R&D… Read more »
Nikola
In my opinion, YM’s bid being rejected doesn’t nesessarily mean receivers don’t want to sell SAAB as a whole. I will be guessing of course, but it can simply mean: 1 there are better bids. 2 they are expecting better bids 3 YM’s business plan is not quite good 4 there is a threat of YM just taking tech to CHINA even if they state the opposite, Chineese are known for not respecting any agreements and violating intellectual property rights. 5 keep in mind that unfortunately saving SAAB is not recievers job as well as saving jobs in Sweden. Their… Read more »
aerocab
I think the biggest problem for all the ‘suitors’ is still GM as many have said. Unless any potential bidder can get around GM’s intransigence they will fail – or only be allowed to acquire useless assets that will not be attractive, We should also remember that the only real function of receivers is to obtain the maimum back for the creditors, I am surprised that the Swedish Govt isnt doing more here as they, at least, ought to have some interest in saving jobs at Trollhattan. However, every day that passes means more skilled workers will be drifting into… Read more »
Allan B

Ha ha, got to laugh at the ads at the foot of SU:

One for bankruptcy services and one for lessons in meditation!

Tilley

Mine says:
“Have you tried an Acura” and
“Beautiful Chinese Women”

Bizarre how these things work.

Allan B

Hey, how come I didn’t get the Beautiful Chinese Women? What is Big Brother trying to tell us? 🙂

Niklas G
The news at Swedish TV4 just had an interview with Brightwell, who claimed to be in discussions with GM and that GM has not said anything negative to them, then immediatelly after that a short telephone interview with James Cain at GM who insisted that he had just checked within the organization and could confirm that they were not discussing the matter with anyone. Then the reporter had some words about what kind of game the different bidders are playing and told that the short answer on the question whether Brightwell have deep enough pockets was no, but tat they… Read more »
Allan B

Very interesting, Niklas.

hans h

James Cain again… :-/

TurboLamko

I hate that Jens B Nordström very much…

Hoping for the best and continuing 😀 Praying!!

Good night!

saaburban

– Youngman
– Brightwell + Secret Partner ( Victor Muller ?)
– Mahindra
– Baic + Panasonic
– Volvo-Geely
– Semcon

Let the game begin!

GerritN

Keep Calm….-yeah we know

Unfortunately she has to come out of storage again…….

JasonPowell

GerritN, thanks for that…… Always makes me………………………um, smile.

GerritN

She must be old enough by now for……….um 🙂

Martin T16s

Sorry to go off topic but while it is likely to be quiet over the weekend, just thought I would give us some light relief….doesn’t it make you just tingle!!

David Lawrence
Folks, A couple of points . . This is a bankruptcy proceeding. The job of the receivers is to maximize the value of the remaining assets of the company. If after their analysis they determine that the best value of the company is selling it as an entity, then they will first try to do that. If they can’t they will sell it in any way they can to recover as much equity as possible, and they appear to be pursuing that course trying to keep Saab intact. Now, that said . . the last time you sold something, or… Read more »
Bravada from GMI

A really nice write-up, it was a pleasure to read, and even if it’s simplifying, it tends to be right on most accounts. I wholeheartedly disagree, however, with the description of the 900 NG as a “joke”. It was a brilliant car that brought many happy miles to Saab owners worldwide, a bestseller, and a profitable project proving Saab’s viability. I consider it one of the most advanced cars of its time, save for navigation and some other gizmos you can put in aftermarket anyway, it has all you would expect from a modern car, and still holds its own.

Selle
I really hope Saab can do this, and at the moment they don’t have any choice than that. I thank you for sharing your side of the story, and I totaly agree. GM was also saved by Obama-goverment, by buying 60% and have main ownership. Same thing but not that harsh was with Ford. Your goverment did everything to keep your carindustry alive, but ours didn’t. That’s the difference. I know that GM had no choice than sell Saab or just get rid off it. But why did they stop the sale to Youngman in december? I mean who cares… Read more »
Selle

Hm, my HTML isn’t very great for time bering 😛 I will quote next time “” Would be more than happy if it comes in the nearest future some “Edit”-function so that above can be editet…

Daniel B

Nice writeup David.
On a detail level I agree that the controls of the climate/ radio are better in my 2010 9-5 than it was on my 2000 9-5. BUT the stereo and climate units themselves are far worse than the ones in the 10 year older car. Options of programming is very limited. BUR this is all VERY OFF TOPIC…

Allan B
I really enjoyed reading your post, David L. You only need to watch the episode of Mad Men set in 1960/1 when Don Draper buys the Coupe De Ville to understand the magic that GM could create in its heyday. (The episode is also a commentary on the evils of such materialist idolatory, but that’s another story…) The Scots-American David Dunbar Buick, cornerstone of what became GM, was a real pioneer in his day, but that’s ancient history. Strictly speaking I believe there was never a point in time during which Saab made only the 900. The 99 carried on… Read more »
Marque

Thanks for the good reading David!
Only just a small rectification – name “900-2” is more or less occupied, not the factory called the ng900 this way, but a great part of the auto industry refer to it as “900-II”. So maybe they should bring on “900-3” and I guess that would be a great choice anyway!

hans h

Good writing.
I myself drive a Cadillac Catera, or as we say in Europe – Opel Omega, when I’m not driving any of my Saabs. 🙂
Quite a long way from the Cadillacs of the 30’s, when not even Rolls-Royce came near.

GM is amazingly bad.

Angelo V.

Really excellent. I’m copying and pasting to my computer for future reference.

Rick R
David, I think you are missing a crucial element of GM’s collapse. Yes, they had developed some seriously crippling bureaucracy and a small amount of complacency, but two of the largest contributing factors to the destruction of GM (and all American car brands) were the oil crisis and invention of the EPA. Deciding that GM’s bureaucracy wasn’t big enough, we added the mother of all bureaucracy — the federal government — to the load on American manufacturers’ shoulders. Why do you think Saab is looking for bids from Indian and Chinese companies? The Chinese version of pollution control is to… Read more »
Galway-Saab

just been reading about VW MAN Truck merger (Youngman`s partner) ……..apparently VW also interested in Scania Truck . What are the ramifications ?

Darryl
Here’s a thought for the SU crew to keep us occupied while the ever changing Saab Saga continues to be written. Develop a SU fantasy Saab Company. Complete with Top Down Management and a product portfolio inclusive of drawings, revisions and final 3d viewing. include a simple business plan and advertising campaign. We have so much talent and education here at SU with a need to fill a void as of now, perhaps a SU sponsored Fantasy Saab Coorporation could preempt some constructive enthusiastic fun Saab conversation and work. In the end its merely one example of what the future… Read more »
SaabKen

My SU fantasy SAAB company is one that is purchased by a respected, competent, innovative and well-financed company based in India (who owns Jaguar-Land Rover) ………

Rolf Hägg

Indeed

hilmar

I instantly hope that a GM-free era can be achieved. I don´t need a future owner acting in favour of GM. Brightwell seems to be that one ?
The saving of the Saab museum was a great demonstration of Swedish self-reliance. Come on and show the same in keeping Saab GM-free and Swedish ! There are great people working in THN – give them support and show them: we will care for you.

derek

I am willing to loan Saab SEK20,000 as take, as collateral, one Saab 9-3 key and some brake pads. If they go bankrupt again, I keep the key. If they are successful, they pay me back SEK20,000 and I keep the key. Idea?! The only trouble is if only 10,000 people participate, then that is only SEK200 million

Rick R

So, a $3,000 loan for a key (blank I assume) and brake pads? I think the faster way out of this mess would be people stepping up to the plate with cash to buy new cars $10,000 over sticker. That being said, I don’t have that cash.

Oh Victor, why did you have to blow all your money on your silly racing team? (Just kidding, I completely understand why/how that happened.)

derek
The lawyers are just trying to get the most money. With the museum, they said that they are not a culture preserving board. They accepted the highest bid. With the factory, they will compare the amount of money that Youngman, Brightwell, and Mahindra are offering versus selling the rolls of steel and parts in the factory, the tooling, the signs, the building, etc. There is a possibility they will compare the bid of one of the 3 car companies + the amount the suppliers will get with continued production of the 9-3 versus selling the factory and the furniture. There… Read more »
100%Saab

You can bash GM all day and nothing positive will come for Saab. GM currently exists solely because of the US Government. It was too big to fail.

JasonPowell

Not too big to fail, they failed, too big to fall.

Rick R

LOL! So true! Love that NHTSA went on an all-out attack on the Volt after it was driven by the administration!
Also, no company is too big to fail. By the end of the decade, Greece will fail. I’m sure the people of Trollhattan think Saab was “too big to fail.” “Too big to fail” is subjective and, frankly, stupid. Long live Capitalism.

David Lawrence
I was conflicted about Obama’s GM rescue. On strictly business grounds, there was no reason to rescue an outfit that has been for decades a symbol of motoring mediocrity. I thought the world would have been better off without GM. But then I got to thinking of the hundreds of thousands of working class jobs, and all those families and all those kids whose lives would be destroyed, and my heart softened. I could never conceive of buying a GM car. I hate what GM has done to Saab and to American motoring and American life. But I have to… Read more »
100%Saab

To be or not to be. That is the question.

Be careful what you wish for.

Me I just wish Saab to survive and thrive. Just a thought.

Allan B

David … perhaps I’m wrong but I’m getting the Woody Guthrie / Bruce Springsteen vibe from your posts. The only answer to this mess, in my opinion, is a refurbishment of proper social democracy. Sweden has certainly slipped a lot in the past 15 years in that regard, but I believe you still get workers’ representation from the shop floor on company boards to help keep the greed and elitism in check.

Angelo V.
David: Actually, I was conflicted too. I have certainly posted my share of negative thoughts about the rescue of GM (to the chagrin of the hosts here, so I’m toning it down now). But I did recognize the same thing you do—-the thousands of jobs saved—-not only GM, but suppliers, etc. But think about it—–that bailout was like McDonalds burgers—-“Billions and billions served!” Billions and billions of dollars? Why, because GM was “too big to fail?” At the same time the world financial crisis brought GM down, it also brought down thousands of small American businesses (by small, I mean… Read more »
Rick R

Think of this as the draft season of your favorite sport… just a lot longer. There will be bids, and contracts that fall through, unexpected trades, victory, and disappointment. As far as I know, none of us have control over what contracts are accepted or denied. So if we need another rally then let there be another rally. Until then, sit back and enjoy the show. This charade has been going on nearly three years already, expect another one at least.

Angelo V.

One difference: If this draft takes too long, there won’t be a season.