Saab Parts Sales for Canada is back

Great news for Canadian Saab owners and dealers. Effective today, IFS and SCNA will restart parts shipments to Canada. This will be handled the same way as the recently announced restart of the US Parts program and we should see parts start to flow nicely again very soon. I would say that as dealers have just now received the information, give them a little time to get everything set up. Great news is hard to come by and this is a step in the right direction.

Update***

In response to a question brought up on this thread, I emailed Tim Colbeck yesterday and got this response last night:

Jason,  Just yesterday, a bulletin went out announcing restart of parts sales in Canada.  We are about to restart shipping of parts from Sweden, first on backorders.  The new parts company hopefully will be formed soon to ensure perpetual source of parts.  So the parts news is getting better.  Tim

I hope that answers the question clearly enough. A lot of work has gone into restoring the parts chain and a lot more work is ongoing. I can assure you all that Tim is working just as hard now as he always has been and things will get better on the parts front very shortly.

🙂

saabman

Jason, this is good news. Is there any progress on finding a new long-term owner for the parts importation and supplies business? Tim Colbeck had said that he thought there would be a buyer by the end of February. I’ve also read that they have tried to pressure GM to pick up 2010 and 2011 warranties, to no avail, unsurprisingly. It’s concerning that there are long-term solutions in Sweden, Benelux, UK, etc., but none for North America as yet.

hilmar

Perhaps The Saab will be put together piece by piece ? Parts, Engineering, People, Plant – I would like that.

North Toronto Punter

Small mercies…

Haven’t needed anything beyond fluids on Turbo X and ’09 9-3 since shutdown– but nice to know.

What about Hirsch stuff, Jason? Rumour has it that there is only one Hirsch authorized dealer in Canada currently [Montreal].

[The state of Hirsch (in Canada and elsewhere) deserves a separate post].

Alex

SCNA is distributing parts in the states? Hadn’t heard of this. My T-X is still waiting for some sort of oil return line. Car has been in the shop for three weeks. Anybody know who I can contact about parts?

saabman

I don’t know of any official sources, but Shaw Saab in Massachusetts which closed as a dealership has reopened its parts division: http://www.saabusaparts.com You could contact them to see if they have access to or know how to get what you need. They just sent an email to customers saying they are open and taking orders. They are great to work with.

E

+1. Can’t say enough about them. Hopefully Roy is still employed there. Fantastic customer service.

Another option is to contact Saab of Memphis dealership … they are into the part ordering/distribution business now I believe. They may even launch a parts website soon.

100%Saab

I ordered a part as soon as the website went backup.

Simon

Thank you to all the people who have worked hard to restart the sale of Saab parts in Canada.

I’m looking for a Hirsch performance upgrade kit to 300hp for my SC Turbo X, 6 speeds automatic. It’s not available in our market. is there somebody who can help me to find it?

I would like to get the upgrade done on my Saab before my birthday on May 4 🙂

North Toronto Punter
Simon- You are my clone:). There are no more engine/software Turbo X upgrades available via Hirsch (in any market, to the best of my knowledge and certainly not in North America). However, there are several after-market options that I would embrace: VTuner and Maptun are the two that I have (good) personal experience with. 320 HP/380 + lbs torque at the crank (not wheel) can be had for less than $1000…. The Turbo X is transformed by such (and why it wasn’t released out the door that way…oy vey…).You’re welcome to contact me to discuss (I’ll PM you).
North Toronto Punter

[@Simon: You’ll need to accept me as a ‘friend’ first though 🙂 ].

Dmain

NTP: I have the 280 hp V6 in my 2009 Aero XWD. Same engine and drive train as the Turbo X. You really noticed a big difference? In what way? You have piqued my interest, as I ruled out the need for the power upgrade. (At our last West Cananda Saab club meeting we were discussing the Maptun upgrade for the 2002 9-3SE HOT engine).

North Toronto Punter
I do, Dmain. The XWD is so utterly planted that the car ‘screams’ for more- comes more alive! I ‘hang’ with 2 other Turbo X owners here in GTA and they can confirm (neither of which tuned, leased — but that shouldn’t matter as life is short…). Both aforementioned tuners are flash based, thus reversible in minutes if warranty (such that is…) is a concern. Again, cake icing and well within limits on a car that is properly maintained, After all, the same engine/ transmission combo in the new 9-5, Hirsched (without any hardware upgrades), is conservatively pushing g 330… Read more »
Tilley

Now all we need are some new cars to start flowing in again….

Patience

Scire

What is the situation in the US? Parts and service? In California, it seems all the GM dealers act as if you were speaking martian.

AEROOTTAWA

Great news! Thanks once again Jason for keeping those of us in the Great White North informed.

On a related note, I think Tim Colbeck has done great work since joining SCNA. I hope you”ll pass on our thanks to him. Personally speaking, I hope he will be part of any “new” SAAB that emerges from this mess.

saabfanatic

Thanks for the good news, it sure brings some confidence back. All the hard work by Tim Colbeck and his team is much appreciated. Wish them best of luck with the current situation.