Press-conference April 3rd
April 3, 2012 in News
We’re waiting for the press-conference to start, both Anne-Marie and Hans are present today..
- Two intensive weeks have gone by in the sales-process. The interested parties which remain are very focused. There have been visits to the factory and many other things. We have extended the period for the interested parties (for a final bid) until the first work-day after easter.
QUESTION: How big are Saabs debts?
- Saab has very big debts, its in the figures of 12-13 billion SEK, say Hans Bergqvist.
- There are several issues and questions from the interested parties that needs to be worked out, this is what we are working on right now…
QUESTION: Will all the final interested parties place a final offer?
QUESTION: How many are they?
- We will not say
According to the administrators, the remaining bidders are interested in producing cars in Trollhättan…
QUESTION: Do the interested parties remaining want to build cars with the brand name SAAB?
- If there is a continuation under the brand name Saab is not something the administrators can answer, but all parties are interested in building cars with Saab technology.
The administrators also reveal that they have been in discussions with GM to get a real answer from GM on their position, what that position actually is, is not yet revealed though.
- There are a number of transactions within Saab, prior to the bankruptcy, which from a bankruptcy perspective are wrong. We are looking more into this right now, say Hans Bergqvist.
QUESTION: Do you fear that a lot of ex Saab employees are gone?
- We have kept a number of loyal and great technical people on our pay-roll to take care of the factory right now, but a lot of the technical know-how is still left in the region in other forms.
- They remain available for the interested parties and can be re-employed either directly or as consultants.
Next tuesday the estate inventory documentation will be made available. (this is usually a public document and available to anyone)
- The press-conference is now over, next one will be on the 17th of April.