Neo Brothers – Saab 96 Design Stage

So…it’s time to call upon the Saab Community. Neo Brothers NEEDS YOU!

The 96 will shortly be ready for a full vehicle wrap and we invite YOU our followers to put your ideas on paper (or computer!) and help us out with the designs! Whilst trying to retain the retro feel of the 96, we also want to give it a modern edge that it deserves…all whilst incorporating our company name/logo/colour scheme etc.

SONY DSC

You’ll find high resolution pictures of the car at the link below:

You can either submit your designs through our Facebook page, or forward them to [email protected] – the best designs will be featured on Facebook and our Website.

So come on you budding Photoshoppers and Design Enthusiasts – we would love to see your ideas.

Neo Brothers

kochje

This really looks awful; I would not like to drive such a car.

phermansson

Its a race-car with more horse power than two performace saabs combined

I dont know about you but I’d love to take it for a spinn

Snatch

Headline needs to be changed. Asap.

phermansson

Could you explain why and how please?

Martin T16s

Yes, I am puzzled too as to why the headline should be changed, asap?

JasonPowell

I’d take it for more than a spin if I could, sounds like something that could really kick you in the pants. Though I think with that kind of power, I’d like to try to keep it full out in a straight line.

hans h

Me too. I love it!

Jesse Crandle

I don’t think he’s questioning the power or the fact it’s an epic old Saab, I think he’s questioning the body kit that’s hiding the original design…

Ralph

If only they hadn’t stretched the nose… Now that the car isn’t original in both width and length, it’s too remote from the old 96 in my opinion…(plus the taillights also don’t help).

kochje

That’s exactly what I meant πŸ™‚

Red J

Does any of those critics know the project?

Maybe this helps to understand the car.

kochje

This car is so much nicer; at least you immediately do recognise the Saab identity.

Red J

Kochje,
the 96 of this post is the end product of the development described in the post I’ve linked in my last comment.

Ken H

On a quick note I think they should have widened the body a bit (by adding some metal in the center line), thus keeping the size of the wheel housings a bit down.

Which racing series will it be running in?

DUTCH900C

For who think this is “only” a lengtenth SAAB 96 with a wider body:
This is in fact A SAAB 9-3 Sport Sedan, with the body of a SAAB 96.
More information of this uge project you could look at: http://www.neobrothers.co.uk/saab-b207r-powered-track-page-pg-23.html?osCsid=mu9oq7hu5h10vqtta8tvgug775 .

Then my answer about how i think about the body:
I don’t like it how it’s look, but when i know what this in fact is (a racing version of the SAAB 9-3 Sport Sedan with the body or maybee bettter a lot of the parts of the body of a SAAB 96) i can understand why this SAAB looks this way.

mike900
This car is magnificently and violently beautiful…. I’ve been following this build with huge admiration and envy for a long while, and cannot wait to see this machine with a shiny coat of paint on it. This is a serious performance fantasy car, but obviously a style that is not for everyone. With regard to the colour, I really love the lightening blue with white GT stripe that I’ve seen a render of…. not sure how to insert an image into my comment, but I would if I could. Goodluck with the paint guys, when I win the lotto tonight… Read more »
Polle

For inspiration, I would like to suggest a visit to alsacorp.com. These guys have a fantastic range of special FX paints and the best part is that they can deliver special FX as a wrap. These films can even be clearcoated. They now have a special super matt soft touch wrap that also can be used on rims.
Take the time to explore the products and your imagination will be the limit. I’m not affiliated to those guy’s, but their products just amaze me.

Rico

just HORRIBLE!!

Stefan Zomborcsevics

Of coarse it’s an “ugly-mobile”, but it is sure as h-l looks fun thing to throw around a track!

Neo Bothers, you go out there and eat some escorts from the same era!

JasonPowell
Funny, I don’t see in any of the post where NEO Bros asked what do you think of the looks of our 96/93 project car? What they have done is offered people to submit ideas and designs of a decal wrap to put on this car. So rather then complain about “it doesn’t look Saab or I would have done this”, why don’t people submit ideas of a wrap for it? How many companies take something they pout sweat and money into and say “hey, submit your idea and maybe it will be on the car we show to thousands… Read more »
Ralph

There is a lot of skill and perseverance in this project that I admire as well !

RobinM

Jason, you wrote what I was about too..
Well done Neo’s, I’m trully looking forward to seeing it in the flesh.

3cyl

What a tremendous project. It is great to see people with talent like this directing it to SAAB. I hope SU will keeps us posted on the race results.

Ken H

That’s the thing with internet, one can’t always dictate what the answers are going to be.

Them brothers are getting publicity in any case, so does it really matter?

enor

As much as I admire the know-how, perseverence, innovation and craftmanship involved in this project I have to honestly say…

It looks awful. The original sketches showed a cool styling idea that still looked like a 96, but the end result is hideous, a monstrosity. I applaud the project for its sheer complexity and the fact that they actually pulled it off – but I wouldn’t want to be seen driving it.