NEVS Job Postings

While doing what seems to be the daily ritual of looking through the NEVS/SAAB website, I came across a number of job postings today, 6 in total. Now I don’t know if any former Saab employees who have held these positions in the past read our site to keep updated or not but these seem like fairly important roles to be filled.

All positions look to be important to the restart of production. They were all listed today as well. It would appear that we are edging closer to a production facility that is operational once again. It has been pointed out before that there would be no business sense to hire production staff and such until they were needed because you are then spending money on something with no product being made to sell to offset the expenses. This is the next natural step in getting operational and I would have to think that production staff is not too far behind.

Below is a short list of the positions listed:

Material Handling
Description
We are looking for a Material Handling Manager who will work with
– daily leadership of the Material handling department, direct as
well as indirect material
– ME within the Material handling area
– development of the department in order to meet future
demands

Material Planner
Description
We are looking for a Material Planner who will work with
– daily planning and follow up of deliveries from external
suppliers
– the development of our suppliers in order to meet our
demands
– inventory analysis
– obsolete material investigations

Supervisor, Press & Body Shop
Description
In order to effectively restart the Press and Body shop, we need experienced Supervisors to
– be responsible for managing the operations and personnel in
a production area
– ensure delivery of products to downstream
– lead, coach and train their staff
– coordinate the preparation of the main flow with station
building
– have contacts with suppliers of services and materials

Project Manager, Body Preparation
Description
At the start of production in the body plant, there will be a need coordination of various processing activities. We are therefore looking for a Project Manager for Body Preparation to work with
– preparation and process planning of new or renovation of
existing assembly equipment in the factory
– calculation and planning of new assembly equipment
– operating and monitoring newly installed assembly equipment
– adapting ME Standard / TKS for the purchase of new or
renovation of existing assembly equipment
– external suppliers and consultants

Project Manager for Press
Description
At the start of production, there will be a need coordination of various processing activities. We are therefore looking for a Project Manager for Press Preparation to work with
– process planning and product optimization
– studies, time and cost analyzes of new products
– shape calculations / simulations
– project management and monitoring from the development
phase to installation / product typesetting
– external suppliers and consultants

Supervisor, General
Description
In order to effectively restart General Assembly, we need experienced Supervisors to
– be responsible for managing the operations and personnel in
a production area
– ensure delivery of products to downstream
– lead, coach and train their staff
– coordinate the preparation of the main flow with station
building
– have contacts with suppliers of services and materials

JH

Sounds very good indeed! Things are progressing in the right direction! 😀

Richard

Excellent news! Keep the faith!

Angelo V.

Any listings for Public Affairs/Public Relations Spokesperson? They need that in the worst way. If a tree falls in the woods, it might make a sound, but if no one is there to hear the sound, who cares? If NEVS builds cars, but no one knows they are buiding cars, who cares? Speak NEVS, Speak.

Niklas G
I don’t work with PR or anything like it, but anyway, in my humble opinion, NEVS is not building cars and I see no reason for them to make any big noise before they have some new products to promote. The year leading up to bankruptcy there were so many bold plans and co-operations that were promoted before everything was set in stone, only to fall apart shortly after. After that, it wouldn’t surprise me if NEVS shows some extra concern not to have any “almost certain” deals or plans fall apart in public, and perhaps making people think that… Read more »
Allan B

No no, Angelo
Agree with Niklas G

I’ve got the rhymes today

BTG88

Agree. Saab ‘cried wolf’ too many times in the past. When they next speak it should be with confidence and authority that what they are communicating will actually come to fruition.

Angelo V.
Actually, in the past, Saab did a horrible job of communicating product offerings through the media, through advertising, through direct mail—-their presence at car shows was pathetic too. So I stand by my assertion: NEVS needs to take a new road when it comes to reaching out to potential customers. They have to be present. They have to be alive. They have to be noticed—-people need to know that there’s still a Saab car company and that they will be returning with cars that are even more innovative and timely than the great Saabs of the past. People need to… Read more »
phermansson

Well if NEVS were to fall, then right now nobody would hear them… since they haven’t made any noise, but trust me when I say that they’ve made the right kind of noise in the right places, at least for now!

Angelo V.
But that’s sort of the point Tim—-we shouldn’t have to trust you (even though many of us do). We should be able to hear and see things for ourselves—-not have blind faith that NEVS will “do the right thing.” NEVS might be making noise in SOME of the right places—-but perhaps the most important place for them to start making noise is with the people who will ultimately decide whether they are a success or a humilated failure. That place is the Saab community and prospective future Saab buyers. They can easily reach that audience through granting REAL interviews with… Read more »
Silas
That’s reassuring that “if they fall then nobody would hear them.” Did they not get in the game to compete? Isn’t that why SAAB allowed them to use the name because they thought it was a viable company to produce a good product? My blood boils every time I talk to someone who says SAAB is dead. Even a sales rep at the old local SAAB dealership didn’t even know about the new company hoping to start production this year. He said “Oh really? Where are they going to build the cars?” I don’t expect every single sales rep at… Read more »
Angelo V.
George: It’s a failure on NEVS part that people who actually sold Saabs a year and a half ago have no idea there’s still a Saab car company planning to introduce new models. And it makes no difference if they start in China or on Mars—-sales reps from all over the world, as well as customers, should know by now that there is a Saab car company ramping up to make new Saabs. The fact that a year out of the bankruptcy decision, we’re still discussing this—-proves their incompetence. It really is frustrating. They’re like robots with tunnel vision—-they’ll learn… Read more »
phermansson
Hey Angelo, you need to cool down a bit now! I’m not asking, I’m telling you! You dont know these guys and you know next to nothing about what is going on in Trollhättan nor what their plans are. What is the point of spending a huge amount of money on telling everyone “HERE WE ARE” and then nothing happens for the next year or two. Trust me, when the time comes to show that Saab is back, they will do it, the time is not now… Why? Because if they go out now, shouting about SAAB being back, whats… Read more »
Henrik B.

Tim.

Don’t worry! It’s all just the usual rubbish from Angelo. If he put his Money, where his mouth is, he would be the CEO of advertising at Saab. 😉
Angelo obviously has no experience, nor knowledge, as to how advertising Works.

Cheers!

phermansson

🙂

I don’t like the tone of this. Angelo has said -many times- he has worked 25 years in marketing.
Henrik B, would you like to rephrase your comment?

Angelo V.

Actually, it’s 27 years—-and it’s public relations, advertising and some marketing. Full disclosure—-the advertising is on the technical side, not the creative side. But it doesn’t take a creative genius to know that Saab’s advertising the last decade or so was inept crap. It was a contributing factor to why they remained “quirky” and couldn’t sell enough cars. Henrik uses too many commas.

Angelo V.

Actually, press releases and website updates don’t cost a whole lot of money. That would be a start. I will “cool down” on blasting NEVS or making it personal. But time will tell if the aloof (some would say arrogant) approach will pay dividends. I doubt it.

Baver

Angelo, no need to do this if your primary customers are government officials in China.

Angelo V.

I see GM is building a 1.3 billion dollar Cadillac plant in China. Baver—-maybe those government officials will decide to get those prestigious American Caddies instead of a 9-3 with batteries. NEVS had better think long and hard before they corner themselves.

BTG88
I’ve worked in international marketing/advertising/PR for 20 years. I’ll stick by my earlier comment. I think Angelo has answered his own query in his third comment. NEVS is not yet at the point to make substantive statements that can allow for quick follow-on with actual developments. Rather than creating ‘hot air’ that then consumers and industry watchers will then translate into ‘yet another death rattle from the former Saab’ – they are taking – in my opinion – the proper tact. As NEVS is nowhere near the scale that the former organization occupied, there will be a significant period of… Read more »
BTG88

‘how business works…’

Angelo V.

“As NEVS is nowhere near the scale that the former organization occupied, there will be a significant period of time to build the company back up to even service a very few markets in an active way.” Too bad then. The Receivers picked a grain of sand instead of picking the beach that was Mahindra.

andys

It is interesting where they will recruit so many highly qualified specialists?

phermansson

There are about 2000 of them unemployed in Trollhättan right now, no issue to find such people!

andys

How many from these people – managers and experts on process of production?
Or it only mechanics of on the assembly line?
Just interesting…

phermansson

I know almost all the former managers at Saab and only a few have managed to find a new job, most often as taxi drivers or something like that

Eagle63

Any word on what engine(s) will be available in the 9-3 when production starts?
I’m sure many of us are anxiously awaiting news about this, but it seems to be a closely guarded secret, why…?

xelav

Well, when everbody knows that there will be BMW engines in the reanimated 93, nevs can’t produce that big amount at once. So, that’s why they bring the news slowly.

Eagle63

Yeah, I hope you’re right, so I can patiently wait til I can buy another Saab with an I.C.E…
However, if NEVS decides to put a sub-saab-standard engine in it I’d like to know too, so I can move on and shop around for alternatives…. 🙁

phermansson

I think we still should say IF they start to produce cars with an ICE engine, its still not decided…

Angelo V.

Have they definitely decided to build and sell cars? Do they know when yet, and where?

phermansson

They have decided to make the EV’s, the rest remains an IF still… Where has never been an issue, its going to be Trollhättan. When,… when its ready! =)

Silas

I thought they were going to re-start production with the current 9-3 as an ICE before moving to the EV1. Are they going to just run the cars as shells through the production line without an engine at all and wait to add an electric motor when it is developed?

phermansson

Nothing else than the EV has been decided yet…

Henrik B.

Frankly, I do not like, that you use the abbreviation: ICE.
Reason? Well, first of the term is often used to short In Car Entertainment:

Secondly it’s a widespread abbreviation for coolrunning amplifiers – Class D/Digital amps, first registrated by Danish Bang & Olufsen:

Cheers!

Angelo V.

Agreed, I don’t like the ICE abbreviation either. But if NEVS only offers EVs, their sales will be colder than ice—-so looks like they either make ICE cars and have hot sales, or make EVs and have ICE (icy) sales!

Silas

Well considering that Internal Combustion Engines were developed before In Car Entertainment or coo running amplifiers, I don’t like that the others copied ICE for their stuff.

Nice pun Angelo.

Red J

Today further four five positions have been added to the list. All of them are somehow related to the production start.

Stefan Zomborcsevics

I think this looks good.
I don’t think NEVS needs to rush things conserning media.

I’ll rather have them focusing on the hardware for now.

When the times comes, and I let NEVS be the one telling when that is, they need to communicate.
Until then, I keep on looking on what they seems to do.

Angelo V.

I too want them focusing on hardware/design. But they need to learn to walk and chew gum at the same time.