D Shado & Juice – Saab Music

This video was produced more than two years ago, so I’m not sure how I could have missed it the first time around, but here it is, D Shado & Juice with Saab Music:

There are some old-school Saab references in this video. Although the music isn’t quite my cup of tea, I do appreciate the effort that went into producing this and the nice way they promoted the brand. The video definitively made me smile!

My vacation starts tomorrow, so sayonara everybody! Unless you find yourself in the black sea city of Batumi, in which case I might bump into you there. That actually happened btw: Two years ago I posted here about me and my wife driving to Georgia and soon after a Swedish person commented that he had spotted my car in Batumi. This year we will sadly not be on the road, but fly coach. Next year however, will be different I’m sure.

900 classic cab

Not my kind of music, but the video had some beautiful cars.
Has anyone searched for the top 10 car brands mentioned in rap songs? It’s worth it πŸ™‚

Silas
That list is what I would have guess but I was expecting a Saab due to your comment. I would not have thought there would be a rap song about Saabs though as they were never big and spacious like most other luxury cars rapped about (other than the 9000 of course but it didn’t have the rap artist look like a Benz or something). I can see it with the NG 9-5 because it is bigger and definitely looks bigger. At least it’s marketing for Saab, too bad all of them were at the dealership with window stickers on… Read more »
900 classic cab

exactly!
But I hope future SAAB marketing won’t go this way… πŸ™‚

Eagle63

Terrible music and those absurd hand gestures make this even worse. Definitely not Saab music.
So what is? Try Sofia Karlsson, for example….

Dave

lol, move your mind? and all that jazz :p

clean_kirill

Swedish car – swedish music. Isn’t it ?
Or this sounds became swedish ?

Eagle63

In Malmo this rapvideo might be considered ‘Saab-music’, but not in Lidkoping… πŸ˜‰

clean_kirill

God bless Lidkoping

Viper

An R&B song about Saab. This is a novelty. I liked the song and the video clip. It was cool. It has my thumbs up. πŸ™‚

North Toronto Punter

Kudos to Rune for bringing this to our Attention: Absolutely Brilliant! Everything that Saab Marketing Officialdom eschewed.

Visceral.

Antidote to the avoirdupois marketing strategy– how many Million(s) frittered?– of Lowe Brindfors (perhaps not the Progenitors, but the Sowers — Saab Marketing Dep’t equally culpable) and their Sterile Intellectualism:’Move your Mind’ — must rank as one of the most Unsuccessful, Overwrought Shibboleths in advertising history.

Jeff

This is genius. “This Saab bangin’ out loud to this finger shakin’…cruisin in my gray Saab.” Made my week. No joke. πŸ™‚

rune

Thanks Viper, Mark, Jeff, Ronnie, Stefan and others for getting the gist of my post.

I understand that the music in question is not everybody’s cup of tea, but I thought most folks would find it possible to enjoy that somebody felt inspired enough to feature Saabs in such a prominent fashion. If somebody thinks they can do any better, then go ahead and do just that! I’ll be waiting right here and will promote your work free of charge.

3cyl

The music sounds better if you close your eyes and imagine that it is being performed by Simo Lampinen and Erik Carlsson.

Ronnie_Rad

Being that all I listen to is rap in my car, (but do a 180 when at home or in the office), I find this music and the Saab gestures, awfully pleasant actually. πŸ™‚

StefanH STHLM

One word. Brilliant!

barrymabel

No SAABs were injured making this video!

Turbo9000

This is terrible…. πŸ™
How about this musicvideo, with some really fast Gripens and a beautiful Saab Convertible..!

clean_kirill

Excellent !

I guess creating section ‘SAAB music’ here on SU wouldn’t be a bad idea.

Turbo9000

That’s a great idea…!

Turbo9000

In fact, I just started a ‘SAAB music video channel’ , just for fun: http://videoplaylist.org/saab
I’m gonna add way more videos shortly, suggestions welcome πŸ˜‰

clean_kirill

Is there any ABBA video with SAABs ?
My little daughter and me are great ABBA & SAAB fans. Every time we driving together im my SAAB she calls for ABBA music πŸ™‚

Turbo9000

Well, she’s got great taste!
Abba (& related music) and SAAB goes together great; a ditinctly Swedish style, high quality and attention to detail.

saabyurk

I get this using your link: :”This video contains content from [Merlin] Playground Music Scandinavia, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.”
However, the official version works, just have to watch an ad (replace _dot_):
www_dot_youtube_dot_com/watch?v=cg-QE9qehMg

PS: This was meant as reply to Turbo9000 above.

Turbo9000

Yeah that s*cks; In Europe there is a similar problem if one tries to watch CMT, GAC, TCN, RAMcountry or other US countrymusic video stations; you can’t πŸ™
Luckily there’s newcountry.tv and countryvideos.tv; they’re still watchable worldwide, I think…

gunteman

Horrible to be associated with shit like that. The music is bearable, but the lyrics……