Merry Christmas from SaabsUnited

illu3_weihnachten_klein

As days start to get quiet before Christmas it’s a welcome chance for us to reflect a bit on the past year. When it comes to Saab quite a few positive things have happened – mostly behind closed doors as it has become the culture at Saab under NEVS ownership. The extent of work that has been done became public with the first pre-production car that came off the line in September and then finally the real reviving of the factory with the start of serial production just a few weeks ago. And this is just the first step. We will surely see more things to come next year. No doubt it will be interesting and finally in a positive way again.

On the fan side we had the Saab Festival this summer in Trollhättan. Those fun days really proved that the Saab spirit is still strong and very alive. Of course I should not forget to mention the numberless other events all around the world – from the large ones like IntSaab and [email protected] to the small local club events. Hats off to all who organized those.

SaabsUnited this year saw the ownership tranfer solely into my hands, which on the frontpage meant no big change at all. The most satisfying thing for all in the team is that at some point we finally got some news to write about again. And it is encouraging to know that there will be more. Another point for us is the migration of the SaabsUnited store to cardyourcar.eu. We did that mostly to use the logistic synergies and to be able to offer more items than could before. I hope you enjoy it.

Finally, on a very personal note, early this year I had to face a very tough loss as Nic Schellekens passed away unexpectedly and way too soon. I know that many within the community came across him, be it during the organization of WeAreSaab in the Netherlands or on any other occasion. I enjoyed many conversations (mostly about Saab) with him and also cardyourcar was something we both started up about a year ago. I salute you, ol’ grumpy Scotsman.

Whatever your memories of the passing year are, I hope you also get some rest and find time to reflect on them while being among your loved ones. I, along with the entire team of SaabsUnited want to wish you a Merry Christmas. Enjoy those quiet days, things will start to get loud again soon enough. For example when you take your Saab for a holiday ride…

CoolCombi

I hear the next Saab Festival will be in 2016. Can you confirm that? Happy Saabing!

theSandySaab

I’m giving my TXSC the following Xmas gifts:
1. Vtune stage0
2. Water+methanol injection
3. Parrot Asteroid Smart install
4. Backup camera
5. Stephan leather interior kit
6. A promise to fix remaining minor niggles and squeaks

Merry Christmas to all!!!

Joe

All of my SAAB’s will be treated to a Mobil 1 bonus oil change, and genuine GM filter!
They are happy indeed.
Merry Christmas!

Angelo V.

My 9-5 is due early 2014. Fresh sythetic oil and premium filter too! What viscosity do you use?

Joe

For my 2006 9-5 = Mobil1 0-30 and an AC Delco PF53F . Only the best for my SAAB!

LateSaab

I am really interested in hearing about your Parrot Asteroid Smart install, what all is involved and how it goes?

theSandySaab

Have a thread over at SaabCentral, will post some pics soon (a few days). Install in a few weeks (next year!) when my pro installer has a slot. All components bought from JustCarKits, UK. Philip, while not fastest (busy?), he is the most experienced Parrot installer and is active on the Parrot help forum. He also provides plugplay harnesses for a quick & easy install in Saabs. I am still curious on the steering wheel controls, but we shall see….

hilmar

Merry Christmas to all of you ! A big Thank You for your fantastic work at SaabsUnited and also to Nevs for their tireless work to bring back Saab on the road again.

kochje

Perfect comment, hilmar, I only can agree with it.

Troels, Denmark

Merry Christmas and happy new year to all here and, not at least, to the SAABSUNITED-team, to NEVS and to all people working for the “new SAAB” !

Doug R.

MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL,,,

Robert Myre

Merry Christmas everyone, and thanks to the SU crew for all that you do!

Looking forward to a very Saab-y New Year!

Emmanuel

Merry Christmas everyone!
God jul!
I wish that 2014 become a greater year for SAAB.

Angelo V.

Merry Christmas to all at Saabs United who create the content, those who read it and the technical crew that keeps this blog community humming along. If you don’t celebrate Christmas—-Happy Chanukah (belated this year). If you don’t celebrate a holiday this time of year—-my Christmas wish is that you feel some joy during the season in your own way, with your family and friends. And Seasons Greetings to NEVS and my wish to you for a prosperous New Year as you continue bringing Saab back—the ultimate gift for Saab lovers!

Ward Schoonbrood

Merry Christmas to all. SaabsUnited crew, thanks a lot for all the hard work keeping us updated about our beloved brand Saab! And thank you NEVS, for bringing Saab back!

Martin T16s

A very Merry Christmas to the whole SAAB family from here in the UK. Best wishes and good luck for 2014. Cheers!

E
Merry Christmas fellow SAABers. As a special Christmas gift to all North America 9-4X owners, I can confirm that 2014 map updates are available for this rare SAAB CUV. It is: “GM – North America Map Update – DENSO Global A – v.2014 SKU# 23175134” and available at the GM Navigation Center website. You will be asked to enter a VIN, and you can plug in your 9-4X VIN, which it will accept. I suspect, but have not tried, this disc will update the NG 9-5 navigation system as well. Have a great 2014 and I hope to see many… Read more »
theSandySaab

Tried to find an update for my 9-3 (not available) but cannot even find the 9-4X in the selection of Saab vehicles???

E

You won’t find the 9-4X on the navigation site. You will need to look up 2011 Cadillac SRX to find the DVD I listed above.

You also won’t find the NG 9-5 on the site either, but you will find the 2010-2012 Buick LaCrosse listed for the DVD I listed above.

Good luck!

saabyurk

A happy holidays wish and a big thank you to the entire SU crew! And, happy holidays to everyone else.

JH

Merry (and Saaby) Christmas everybody! 🙂

StefanH STHLM

Happy Yule Tide, Till.
Only one chocolate piece left in the the first calendar!!! ;D
Still have the second Calendar in pristine shape.

Coggy
Meery Christmas Saabs United ! Though I am afraid soon when the lease finishes on my 9-3 Sportswagen I am jumping ship to Audi. I would rather not do this, but there is no new Sportswagen in the foreseeable future. This ends a relationship with Saab that started with my late Father in 1972, initially 96 V4s, then a 99, and a 99 turbo. What a car ! My Father had that until the early 90s. I went back to saab in 2011, not a good idea in hindsight, but I persevered and leased a 180PS Sportswagen, an excellent car… Read more »
Angelo V.
Coggy: It’s not just the silly frenzy to force manufacturing of EVs that aren’t ready for the market—customers have DECIDED that they aren’t ready for the EVs and we know the EVs aren’t ready for the customers—-but it’s more than that. If NEVS would take some strong positions and speak out in a positive way about their future plans for Saab, fewer people would jump ship, leases terminating or not. There would be a collective support for the brand and a patience that isn’t here now—-because under these conditions, it CAN’T be. What is there to be patient for? We… Read more »
theSandySaab
While I agree the plans for NEVS and Saab Cars seem to be new direction and might alienate many old fans, I believe NEVS know what they are doing. They seem to have serious funding for their business plan and even if some of us here don’t like the present and near future state of EVs, at least it seems some (communist?) cities & states in China have shaped the goal for NEVS. In the long term we are all (a bit) better off – the brand is not dead, a lot of development will be done for the chinese… Read more »
Angelo V.

Or maybe it could have been a very happy ending if the company assets had been sold to Mahindra and Mahindra.

ingvar

Happy New Year to all of you and a special thanks to the SU unit !
Whishes Ingvar

saabyurk
Great news from Hirsch! Sort of a belated Xmas gift, this was in my email inbox today, from the Hirsch Newsletter: Since two weeks, it is again possible for Swedish customers to order a new Saab 9-3 Aero! There is also a chance that the new Saab 9-3 Aero will soon become available for order in other countries as well. In spring of 2014, the first happy customers will be able to pick up their new car directly from the factory in Trollhättan. In response to those good news, Hirsch Performance have decided to restart production of some previously sold-out… Read more »
zvovesny

Hello Till, I see that you have something with cardyourcar webshop. I have following problem : I’ve ordered several posters on 24.11. some of them were meant to be christmass presents (order #273, paypaled). I was emailing cardyourcar ([email protected]) at 19.12. about what’s going wrong, but no reply. Then I’ve messaged cardyourcar through the contact form on the website. Still no reply. Maybe you can help.

Zdenek Vovesny