Lets all try to make this a very special day for one true SAAB enthusiast…….

It is with great sadness that we here in the UK have heard that one of our dearest and most ardent SAAB enthusiasts has fallen terminally ill. Many of you will know of Mark, better known by most as Parish, from meeting him at numerous events both here in the UK and abroad. The prognosis of his illness shows that Mark may only be with us for a few more months at best.

Parish

It is for that reason I write this article, with the permission of Marks’ wife, to call for as much support as possible from our community at what will almost certainly be the last SAAB event Mark will attend. I hear Mark is very much looking forward to this day where hopefully he will get to see many old faces and friends.

The event which is here in the UK promises to be a fantastic but somewhat poignant day taking into account the circumstances. Sadly Mark has had to sell his beloved Saab which in itself was a very emotional experience for him.

It is our intention to make this event a very special one for both Mark and his family and ask that all SAAB owners who can attend to please come along to this FREE event. The date is the 30th August at Castle Coombe race circuit ( Chippenham, Wiltshire SN14 7EY) ,where, as part of the event, there will also be a special parade lap of the circuit for all SAAB cars that wish to partake. I am certain that Mark will be up there right at the front riding with somebody!! So please, if you can make it, bring your SAAB or any other make of car and join us for this very special day and show how our community is still as strong as ever!

I thank you in advance for your support.

Please add your name at the link below or email me at [email protected]

Event details http://castlecombetrackday.bristolpegasus.com

Please add your name here:
David Dallimore
2 years 1 month ago
Many thanks Martin for doing this. Some of our overseas members may recognise Mark from his many trips to SAAB events in Belgium, Holland and a number of times to Sweden over the years. The event itself includes static displays, slaloms tests, parade laps plus of course a good selection of SAABs. For those who wish to, there is the opportunity for some spirited driving on circuit with the option of a professional instructor. Castle Combe Circuit opened just 18 months after Silverstone in the summer of 1950, making it one of the longest established circuits in the UK. In… Read more »
David Dallimore
2 years 1 month ago

Forgot to mention I have temporarily lifted the registration requirements on our GWS forum, so no need to register to add your name to the list.

Patrik H
2 years 1 month ago

Yet another display of Saab community camaraderie. Best wishes, Mark.

900 classic cab
2 years 1 month ago

Well said. All the best for Mark.

kochje

Best wishes, Mark.
Wish you a wonderful day.

Chris Ivory
2 years 1 month ago

Having missed virtually all events this year, due to spending more time with the family, my wife and I shall, without question, be attending the day, to be with our old friend.

Love and best wishes to Karen, Mark xx

Shimon Becker
2 years 1 month ago

All the best you can wish for; love Shimon

David Dallimore
2 years 1 month ago
The list is growing. 1. David & Anne (99T & 9K) 2. Chris (Zaphod) & Doreen – 9-5 Estate 3. TitanUK 4. Tony (99TURBOMAN) (Viggen & 9.5 Aero) 5. Phil (SaabNut) 6. Simon 7. Steve 8. Parish & Karen 9. Chris Redmond (Redders) 10. Jonathan and Jane (Dragon Saab) 11. Phil Rivers (Dragon Saab) 12. Jules (but with 3yr old in tow, so no track time this time) 13. Steve Andrews (Brusselsfan) in Blanche(MBZ SL 500) or Mr WU (SAAB 9-3) 14. 2V4 (Nev, 9-3) and [brother] Gav, Corrado. 15. Elli 16. Howard (Sonett MkIII) 17. Frank, possibly Phyllis 18.… Read more »
Joe

Godspeed

David Dallimore

Thanks.

For those who are unable to attend this meeting, please leave a message as Parish visits here.

KT
2 years 1 month ago

I’m sorry to hear this news, it’s sad to hear of this happening to anyone. I don’t know the chap but he seems well liked in the SAAB community. I won’t make it personally, but I would like to wish him a lovely day and I hope the weather holds out for you and everyone involved in the event!

alex
2 years 1 month ago

Dear Mark and Karen, We were shocked and saddened to hear your devastating news – Isabel’s Mum went through a very similar situation a few years ago, so we understand just what you are going through.
Unfortunately we can’t make this event, but see the list is growing very well, have a great day with all those great people that are coming along.
Very best wishes to you both,

Alex and Isabel

David Dallimore
2 years 1 month ago
1. David & Anne (99T & 9K) 2. Chris (Zaphod) & Doreen 9-5 estate 3. TitanUK 4. Tony (99TURBOMAN) (Viggen & 9.5 Aero) 5. Phil (SaabNut) 6. Simon 7. Steve 8. Parish & Karen 9. Chris Redmond (Redders) 10. Jonathan and Jane (Dragon Saab) 11. Phil Rivers (Dragon Saab) 12. Jules (but with 3yr old in tow, so no track time this time) 13. Steve Andrews (Brusselsfan) in Blanche(MBZ SL 500) or Mr WU (SAAB 9-3) 14. 2V4 (Nev, 9-3) and [brother] Gav, Corrado. 15. Elli (doing my best to be there work permitting – will be there) 16. Howard… Read more »
Angelo V.
2 years 1 month ago

I believe in God and I believe Parish has a lot more living in front of him. Nobody on Earth knows how much of that living will be in this life and when his eternal life begins. I pray that this event is an enormous success and serves to inspire him and lift his spirits. Based on the response, I am quite certain that he’s a wonderful person and deserves a great day.

David Dallimore

Well said Martin.
I totally agree and like you, am equally saddened by the level of response on this forum.
So much for the ‘UNITED’. 🙁

saabyurk
2 years 1 month ago

I would like to belatedly add my best wishes to Mark and family. I haven’t said anything so far because I couldn’t find comforting words to say, but I did think about Mark every day. I imagine many others may have done the same. However, I should have said something, at least a godspeed.

I like what Angelo wrote and wish I had said something similar.

KT
2 years 1 month ago
Sadly I think it’s a sign of the times Martin. I think a lot of people are feeling deflated with the situation SAAB is in yet again. But I completely agree with you, it only takes a couple of minutes to type a few kind words and those few words could make all the difference. I’ve only been part of the community for a couple of years now and I’ve noticed a big change in peoples attitudes and regretfully it’s been very negative, almost to the point of being aggressive. When I first joined, although the situation was rather dire… Read more »
SWSS
2 years 1 month ago

We would Like to wish Mark and his family all our best wishes and we will be thinking of you. Have a great event and hopefully see you there at some point during the day.

David Dallimore
2 years 30 days ago
Thanks all for your kind words. Latest list: 1. David & Anne (99T & 9K) 2. Chris (Zaphod) & Doreen 9-5 estate 3. TitanUK 4. Tony (99TURBOMAN) (Viggen & 9.5 Aero) 5. Phil (SaabNut) 6. Simon 7. Steve 8. Parish & Karen 9. Chris Redmond (Redders) 10. Jonathan and Jane (Dragon Saab) 11. Phil Rivers (Dragon Saab) 12. Jules (but with 3yr old in tow, so no track time this time) 13. Steve Andrews (Brusselsfan) in Blanche(MBZ SL 500) or Mr WU (SAAB 9-3) 14. 2V4 (Nev, 9-3) and [brother] Gav, Corrado. 15. Elli 16. Howard (Sonett MkIII) 17. Frank,… Read more »
David Dallimore
2 years 30 days ago
We have a SAAB only area, so when you get to the event tell the marshall you are with the SAAB group and you will directed to our area. Try not to get there any earlier than 8 to 8.30 as this will give Simon (the event organiser) a chance for a breather! Please bring any SAAB or Swedish banner, flag or bunting or gazebo to make this our own little SAAB village. The event is open from 8.30. FREE entry for display cars. FREE parade lap for all SAABs from 12 noon SHARP. Bring your spares. If it fits… Read more »