SAAB Racing cars at Solvalla Race Track

This weekend the battle between 5 Saab 9-3´s from two separate teams Tidö and PWR, and the arch rivals Volvo Polestar has taken place. The race conditions have been perfect on the from horse trotting to race car for the weekend converted Solvalla Stadium. Tarmac has been put on the gravek and some more gravel twist have been adden in the center parts of the grounds for the Rally Cross cars. Where we got to see the legend Per Eklund in his 650 BHP Saab 9-3 car. All in all a lot of competition Saabs out there but no production of Saab cars for the moment at least not in Trollhättan. With the exception of my SU Saab factory less then 2 km from the racetrack where I make 99 Turbos, more on that soon here.
In the crowd many familiar Saab faces could be seen PWR Racing Team owner “Poker” Wallenberg, the leadership of NEVS with CEO Mattias Bergman and Communications Manager Mikael Östlund. The Saab museum manger was seen as well unloading a the blue Saab Super Sport Sonett I (the blue) and put on display in the Tidö racing VIP hospitality lounge unde cristal-lamps and fake bookshelves.

It is great to see the enthusiasm from the NEVS management for the racing sport lets hope this will be included in the future business plans. The world need more Saabs on the tracks. Next race is at Mantorp track in two weeks time hope to be there to see the finals and supply You readers with more great pictures and videos.

_DSC4353
Emma Kimiläinen Race Driver for PWR in a White Saab 9-3 Combitech sponsored car

_DSC5642
Per Eklund to the right 68 year old seasoned Saab Rally and Rally Crosss driver

_DSC5652

_DSC5650
Two grilles found around the race track after som incidents. Now on the wall of my SU Saab factory.

_DSC5547</a.
The Blomquists father and son, Paul and Stig. Paul drives a Formula Renault racer and his father ex Saab works tean driver an world rally champion for Audi supports him.

_DSC5534
The two NEO Brothers visting from the UK they are big ORIO customers.

_DSC5532
Mikael Östlund & Mattias Bergman

_DSC5530
Mattias Bergman, Race car driver Daniel Haglöf and Mikael Östlund

phermansson
2 years 22 days ago

Nice to see Mikael and Mattias happy =)

golfhunter
2 years 22 days ago

Great report, photos and videos !! Super cars , a real exciting race !

golfhunter
2 years 22 days ago

I hope that all those smiles mean that the future is secured 😀

MeanSabean
2 years 22 days ago

I second that!!!!

kochje

me too !!

OveS

Hi Jörgen.
I know that you and time have a new BMW fan page but to me it would look a lot better if you didn’t slap that website address on photos you upload to Saabsunited.
Just my $.02

roger
2 years 21 days ago

Agree with Ove! Take that ugly webstamp away!

phermansson
2 years 21 days ago

The photos belong to BMWB so if you don’t agree with the watermark, we’ll have to remove the photos completely, which do you prefer?

Jörgen was invited to the event as a member of BMWB and not SU. Not once has anyone from Saab ever invited us to any form of motor event! Its pretty interesting that BMWB which is only 0,1% the size of SU was invited instantly by BMW Sweden!…

roger
1 year 11 months ago

“Belong to”… Why stamp them at all? It’s not like the camera put the stamp there. It’s done manually afterwards. Jörgen have the originals without stamps so why not use them instead? This is only a kind of childish way to promote your new blog. Please don’t. At least not here…

Eleven
2 years 21 days ago

I’ve got to say, that’s the first thing that I looked at – not the great photos, not the great Saabs, just the huge BMW watermark, such a shame.

phermansson
2 years 21 days ago
Its interesting that nobody has ever commented once when we’ve borrowed images from other blogs with their waterstamp on it regardless of what it has been… but now there is big hostility towards it?… Are Saab fans so close-minded that we can’t accept things for what they are and just admire the fun things that the photos represent? As with all the negative comments about other brands here I’m really starting to be ashamed of the Saab community. I’m only a new member of certain BMW communities but over there, the attitude is completely different, people embrace everything that has… Read more »
OveS
2 years 21 days ago

Well, there are many ways to do things I guess…

phermansson
2 years 21 days ago

Which “things” do you refer to?

3cyl
2 years 21 days ago

This may be an example of how BMW’s succeess begets succees by providing the resources to stay on top of things like keeping blogs up to speed. Struggling entities don’t have the same resources and unfortunatley what seem like simple, obvious tasks fall through the cracks.

MeanSabean
saabserb
2 years 20 days ago
Personally I don’t have anything against publishing pictures from any other blog, it may be BMW, Audi even GM blog. But I have some considerations about how passive the blog was regarding this news. I have seen the other “competitor” blog from a country south of Sweden having published the news together with an analysis. I starting to get an impression that the other blog is much more active in matters regarding SAAB these days that this blog, which makes me a bit sad. This is just a friendly critic, I don’t have an ambition to edit this blog and… Read more »
phermansson
2 years 20 days ago

If you are referring to that Indian article I can tell you that its a highly speculative editorial and not something considered NEWS, I just wrote my own editorial about it, please have a look!

I wouldn’t have written about it at all since the indian article is not worth my time, but since it became such a fuss I was sort of forced to set things straight!

saabyurk
2 years 21 days ago

LOL. I was thinking the same thing.

saabyurk
2 years 21 days ago

Oops, meant to reply to OveS.

kochje
2 years 21 days ago

Perhaps Mattias is so smiling because he is in contact with that company 🙂 ?

100%Saab
2 years 20 days ago

The pictures are great. Try putting a drop of red paint on a black canvas and see where your eyes go to.

Just a thought.