It feels a little awkward talking about introducing the 2010 Saab 9-3 in March, but for the US market, this is the reality we’re living in.
I’ve just seen a price and equipment guide for the US model Saab 9-3 (and no, nothing for the Saab 9-5 yet) and there’s a bunch of good news there, and just a little bit of neutral news and one downer.
The good news…..
- The Saab 9-3x is in the house, baby!!
- Prices are lower across the entire model range, from between $1,400 and $5,400 dollars lower, depending on the model. A lot of the price drop is due to the fact that there’s no V6 option in the 2010 lineup (which is the big downer).
- The entire model range has been simplified, making it easier for customers, dealers and Saab as a manufacturer to get the most popular models out there without having to wade through so many options.
The neutral news…..
- One engine across all models. 2.0T will have 210hp regardless of whether it’s the base, price leading model or the Aero. They really need to certify Hirsch in the US to get a 240hp option IMHO.
- Lack of a V6 option, as mentioned above. It’s not a big seller, but just the fact that it was there was important.
The base model, FWD manual Saab 9-3 sedan is down from MSRP of $30,360 to $28,900. That’s a drop of $1,460 for the 2010 model.
The biggest reduction comes on Aero models due to the lack of a V6. The Aero Sport Sedan and Convertible both drop by over $5,400 compared to the 2009 model offering.
The Saab 9-3x is priced at $36,975 and is available in the gas/XWD configuration only (i.e. no diesel/FWD as in Europe).
Option packages are as follows:
- Premium Package (Aero) includes: Memory driver seat, Power folding and Auto-dimming outside mirrors, Rear park assist
- Comfort Package (2.0T Sedan/Combi) includes: Power moonroof, Heated front seats, Headlamp washers, Express close for moonroof and front windows, Auto-dimming mirror with compass and universal garage door opener
- Bose Centerpoint Surround Sound System (2.0T Sedan) includes: Bose centerpoint surround sound speakers, 6-disc CD changer radio, XM satellite radio
- Bose Centerpoint Surround Sound System (2.0T Combi) includes: Bose centerpoint surround sound speakers, 6-disc CD changer radio, XM satellite radio
- Premium Package (9-3X) includes: Xenon cornering headlamps, 8-way power passenger seat, Memory driver seat, Rear park assist, Power folding and Auto-dimming outside mirrors
- Premium Sound System (2.0T Conv) includes: 11 Speakers, 300 Watts, 6-disc CD changer radio, XM satellite radio
- Comfort Package (2.0T Convertible) includes: Heated front seats, Headlamp washers, Auto-dimming mirror with compass and universal garage door opener
- Special Edition Package (2.0T Convertible) includes: Leather steering wheel, Xenon headlamps, XM satellite radio