Following on from earlier information, we now have some information on the chassis of the new Saab 9-5.
Please note that this information is still preliminary and may be subject to some change. It is based on a European market segment but contains information that will be applicable to most markets.
- Very competitive ride and handling enabled by three different front and rear suspension combinations offered in base and sport versions
- First Saab application of Real Time Damping (RTD)First Saab application of Real Time
- DriveSense allows the driver to change the damping, steering, rear axel drive torque, pedal map and AT shift points in various modes
- For optimum steering effort at both low and high speed Variable Effort Steering (VES) is offered
- Industry leading XWD with optional eLSD for ultimate performance
Saab Sports Chassis
The Sport chassis is optional on FWD version and standard on XWD versions and features:
- 10 mm lowered ride height for lower centre of gravity
- Larger diameter stabilizer bar for reduced roll angles
- Increased spring stiffness for higher response and limited body motion
- Firmer tuned Shock absorbers for improved body control
- Top mount with increased lateral stiffness for better response and on center steering feel and precision
- The optional 18″-19″ wheels are fitted with high performance low profile tires
The sporty tuned 10mm lowered chassis provides a clearly overall enhanced stability, cornering and body control. The higher steering response and the improved on-center steering feel with better precision gives the New Saab 9-5 the sporty performance for a true Fun To Drive experience.