Coverage of some of the equipment in the new Saab 9-5 continues. It’s time to take a peek at the Lane Departure Warning a and Traffic Sign Recognition systems.
Please note, once again, that this preliminary information is for certain European markets and may not be applicable to where you are (though most of it will).
The LDW system monitors the vehicle’s lane position and provides a warning if the lane markings are unintentionally crossed without the turn indicator being activated. There is no warning when line markings are intentionally crossed during active driving
Only a few seconds of distraction can lead to a dangerous traffic situation, when the vehicle unintentionally leaves its lane. With the help of a camera the unintended lane departure is detected.
The TSR system detects ‘speed limit’ and ‘no overtake’ signs and displays them for the driver e.g. speed limit can be continuously displayed supporting avoidance of speeding violations and safer driving.
- Above 60 km/h the system is activated and warns the driver in the event of the vehicle leaving the lane unintentionally.
- To support the ‘Sporty driver focus’, the system is designed to not warn when lane is intentionally left during active driving.
- The function can be deactivate with the LDW button beside the gear shifter
- The system supports the driver to keep an eye on speed limits and not overtake in appropriately
- Detects both conventional static and dynamic signs
- Information is shown in the main instrument cluster. It is provided when the traffic sign is passed and remains available until new information detected.