Remember, this offer ends at the end of this month.
And this was noted in comments:
Just got Maptuner from the nice UPS man, ran the program and took it for a rip (15kms). Significant improvement all over. Car just runs better, power delivery is smoother and as many people have said the car just feels better. I look forward to putting some more miles on it…..
….I should also mention I ordered this Sunday night in Canada and got it at 2pm on Wednesday from Sweden.
Today we have another outstanding offer from our site sponsors (and rally team sponsors) – Maptun.
A few months ago we had a great discount offer on Maptun’s new plug-in Maptuner software. That offer was very popular and I’m pleased to say that we’re doing it again, though with a small difference this time.
Until the end of May, Maptun are offering 15% off all tuning software, along with FREE SHIPPING on your entire order.
The discount, combined with free shipping, means you’ll have more spare cash to consider a bigger upgrade than just software.
All tuning companies offer staged tuning kits for your Saab. These staged kits build on each other so as to offer a tuning solution that matches your budget. Initial stages typically involve software, exhaust systems and air filters. That’s just the beginning, though. With some companies you can go even further with bigger injectors, a bigger turbo, an uprated intercooler and various other parts making up further steps on the ladder to tuning Nirvana.
What sort of difference can a complete tuning kit make?
Example: Let’s say you have a Saab 9-5 (2001-2009) with a 2.3t engine producing 185hp in standard form. Here’s what the various stages include and the output you can expect:
- Stage 1 – software only – 235hp and 380Nm
- Stage 2 – software, air filter, cat-back exhaust – 240hp and 385Nm
- Stage 3 – software, air filter, full exhaust – 255hp and 390Nm
- …..and the options continue up to Stage 5 with 310hp and 450Nm
Most people will get either Stage 1, 2 or 3 and with this offer from Maptun, you get the tuning software for 15% less and the entire order shipped – worldwide – for free.
For those of you who are a good distance away from Sweden, that free shipping offer – especially if you’re getting something as big as an exhaust system – could represent several hundred dollars saved.
How to claim your 15% discount and free shipping.
It couldn’t be easier.
- Go to Maptun.com and make the normal selections for language, currency, etc.
- Click the Tuning Guide link.
- Select the model you own and the website will bring up the appropriate kits for your car. Make sure you select the right engine option in order to get the right kits.
- If you want to go for software only, that will typically be Stage 1. Further stages will involve the addition of other parts such as air filter and exhaust.
- When you place an order, include the promotion code SU2010 in the order form. Your discount will be applied to the tuning software component of your order and your order will be placed.
- Smile in the knowledge that you’ll be barrelling along even quicker some time soon.
If you want to see how easy it is to tune your car using the plug-in Maptuner software, then watch this video where we tune a Saab 9-3 SS in around three minutes. You’ll be amazed.
A couple of cautionary notes:
1. Your car should be running well in standard condition before you ever consider modifying it. Adding power will not cover up a vulnerability. Probably the opposite.
2. Whilst going up to a Stage 3 upgrade should be fine, if you’re thinking of really cranking up the power, make sure you can still stop your car. You might have to consider upgrading your brakes as well.
3. Upgrading your car can produce great results, but can also be a costly exercise if you don’t do it right. You’re a big person now. Do your homework and know what you’re getting.
Comments are closed.