We saw some of the European dealers do some pretty good launch events for the Saab 9-5 at their dealerships.
With the 9-5 hitting US shores very soon (the first big shipment is due later this week), it’ll be time for dealers to introduce the 9-5 to their customers.
I’ve heard from one dealer already – General Sales Saab in West Chester, Pennsylvania – with their plans for the 9-5 introduction. It looks like they’ve lined up all their accompanying vehicles already, they just need a delivery date for the guest of honour!
They’ve secured the following extra display vehicles to give the new Saab 9-5 a little bit of historical perspective:
- An original Saab Sonett I
- A 1968 95,
- A club member’s 1972 96,
- An employee’s 1988 SPG,
- A commemorative edition convertible,
- A flight of Viggens, and several other classics.
I don’t have a date for this event yet, but as soon as I do, I’ll post it on the site. The effort General Sales are putting into this launch is pretty commendable and I hope it goes off like a firecracker!
Any of you other US dealers got something special planned?
Lessons to be learned from UK launches (i.e. remedies to complaints I heard from Brits about some of the launches that were held there….)
- Get your invitations out early and make sure people who need to have one, have one on time.
- Make sure you’ve got adequate staff and an adequate number of cars to facilitate test drives.
- Make sure you’ve catered adequately for the event.