It’s always good to hear positive noises about Saab coming from Germany (like the recent reliability ratings, for example). It could be such a key growth market for Saab.
That’s why there’s a fair bit to be encouraged about with this Autobild test of the new Saab 9-5 from Germany.
900pur has sent through a brief summary. You can read the full test for yourself at the link above, but you’ll need German skills or a god translator to do so.
It’s quite good, and they say they haven’t had a new car with that much character recently. They say they don’t feel the relationship to the Opel Insignia represents as a problem at all.
Main points of the article:
- Impressive outer design
- Saabish, Aerocraft-like interior design
- Powerful engine, no turbo lag
- Secure driving, goes straight “like on a laser beam”
- A bit uncomfortable at low speed, getting better at higher speed
- Much legspace in the rear
- Not very much headspace for tall persons (which I can confirm since I’m 2m tall)
Their summary: With this car, Saab can do it.