Discussion surround US November Saab sales data has certainly been lively, with nearly 250 comments logged so far.
There are a lot of valid comments and suggestions in there and I really hope that some of the powers that be in the US and Sweden are reading them. These are your buyers (and a few of your dealers) talking here.
I’ve stayed away from contributing to the discussion, but might contribute my 2 cents in a post on here, soon.
One thing that I’d encourage people to bear in mind as they read/make suggestions, is that we are outside the circle and we’re coming at this discussion with incomplete knowledge of the situation. There are sometimes good reasons as to why things can’t happen as quickly as we’d like them to. I’ll try to cover off a few of these situations in my post. In those cases, it’s important that the situation is acknowledged for what it is.
I’d like to draw attention once again to a post I wrote a few months ago – I want the Saab.
There are some great Saab deals going around at the moment (see below) and whilst you might be able to get a BMW for $20 a month cheaper than these, you’ll be stuck with it.
Personally speaking, there are very few motoring requirements for which I’d want anything other than a Saab. Possibly about 5% of my motoring needs. For the other 95%, I can’t imagine driving anything else and being so well catered for or happy.
As I’ve said plenty of times here before – no other vehicle name that I’ve experienced has ever given me the combination of comfort, performance, utility and safety that a Saab does. And even if another nameplate came to within 10% of that, I wouldn’t want to own it. I want the Saab.
There are Saab dealers in the US who are now doing run-out deals on 2010 Saab 9-5s.
You can get this car, with loyalty and customer cash, for under $40,000 – and that’s the full-blown V6 XWD version.
It’s absolutely insane, but incredible value for what is an absolutely outstanding car to drive. Ask anyone who’s actually bought one and they’ll tell you.
Speaking of value, North Shore Saab on Long Island has Saab 9-3s, with XWD, at just under $300 a month.
Without XWD, they’re at $279 a month.
And 2011 Saab 9-5s (they have one in Java!) are available on a lease deal for $380 a month.
All are incredibly good value when you consider what you get for your money. That link has their current offers.