Re-posted as a reminder…..
For residents of the US only
Saab Cars North America are giving two grand prize winners the opportunity to visit the world famous Ice Hotel in Jukkasjärvi, Sweden. The prize includes airfares and accommodation at the Ice Hotel.
What do you need to do? Simple.
Create a short video showing your Saab Spirit. Videos can be up to 60 seconds long and there is a maximum of three entries per person.
You enter your videos by submitting them to Saab’s Facebook page along with an entry form there. You’ll need to hit the “Like” button on the page in order to gain access.
Videos will be judged by a SCNA-appointed panel and the entries will be reduced down to eight finalists, who will then face a public vote to determine the winners.
You have until 11:59pm on January 6, 2011, to get your entries submitted and you should also be aware that Ice Hotel dates are fixed to February 18-20, 2011.
I know there are some very creative people out there, so get your cameras fired up, show your Saab spirit and rock this great competition hosted by Saab Cars North America.
Note again: this is only open to US residents.
Legal Mandatories: No purchase necessary to enter or win. Open to legal residents of the 50 U.S. & D.C., 18 years of age or older as of date of entry. Entry period starts at 12:01 a.m. ET on 12/13/10 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on 1/06/11. Voting period starts at 12:01 a.m. ET on 1/10/11 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m ET on 1/16/11. For entry details and Official Rules, visit http://www.facebook.com/saab. Contest void where prohibited. Sponsor: Saab Cars North America.
Full competition rules (a.k.a the fine print) are posted after the jump….
OFFICIAL RULES. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
1. Contest Period: The Entry Period for the Saab Arctic Adventure Contest (the “Contest”) begins at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on December 13, 2010 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on 1/06/11 (the “Entry Period”). The voting period starts at 12:01 a.m. ET on January 10, 2011 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on January 17, 2011. Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Contest.
2. Eligibility: The Contest is open only to legal residents of the fifty United States and the District of Columbia, who are 18 years of age or older as of date of entry. Employees of Saab Cars North America(“Sponsor”), Votigo, Inc., their respective parents, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, suppliers, distributors and advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses) and household members of each, are not eligible to participate or win. Void where prohibited or restricted by law and subject to all federal, state and local laws.
3. How To Enter The Contest: During the Entry Period, you can enter the Contest through the Saab Arctic Adventure Contest application (“Application”) on the Facebook Platform. You can also find the application on the Contest tab on the Saab Cars Fan Page on Facebook (You must “Like” the Saab Cars Fan Page prior to submitting entry). You may then register and submit an original video file created by you (the “Entry” or “Entry Materials” or “Video”), which showcases your “Scandinavian Spirit”. Limit of three entries per person, per email address for the entire Entry Period. You must be the only person depicted in the video. The person uploading the Entry must be the creator of the Video and will be deemed the entrant (the “Entrant”). By entering, you understand and agree that your Entry in its entirety or a portion thereof may (in Sponsor’s sole discretion) be posted on the Application, television and/or other Sponsor-selected media. All Entries must be completed and submitted by 11:59:59 p.m. ET on 1/06/11 to be eligible for voting and judging. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by Entrants’ online service provider will apply.
4. Entry Requirements: In order to be entered into the Contest, Entrants must comply with registration instructions when submitting their Entry. The video must be in one of the following formats: AVI, MOV, WMV, MP4, MPEG, FLV, 3GP, and 3G2 and be under 100GB and must be no longer than one (1) minute. The Entry may not contain obscene, lewd or inappropriate images or text including no nudity, acts of violence or acts that appear to cause harm or are illegal/dangerous, as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
Any Entry Material or portion thereof that is, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, obscene, profane, lewd, defamatory, contains any third party materials (other than Saab logos/product), or otherwise violates or infringes (or may infringe) any copyright (including music), trademark, logo, mark that identifies a brand or other proprietary right of any person living or deceased (including but not limited to rights of privacy or publicity or portrayal in a false light) or entity, or is otherwise objectionable, will not be considered and may disqualify the Entrant. Therefore, clothing worn or props/items used in the video should not contain any visible logos (other than Saab logos), drawings, cartoons, phrases, trademarks or other third-party materials. Entrants may not copy or otherwise plagiarize the Entry Material from any source. Sponsor has the sole discretion to determine whether a video qualifies as an Entry.
By entering, you represent and warrant that your Entry is: (a) wholly original; (b) does not incorporate or include anything that would require the consent of any third party; and (c) does not violate any copyright, trademark, publicity right, privacy right, or any other right of any third party.
By submitting an Entry, Entrant hereby grants the Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, assigns, licensees, designees and legal representatives the irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide digital and other rights to use, reproduce, edit, market, store, distribute, have distributed, publicly and privately display, communicate, publicly and privately perform, transmit, have transmitted, create derivative works based upon, and promote the Entries or excerpts of Entries (as such may be edited and modified by the Sponsor in its discretion) for editorial, commercial, promotional and all other purposes (including posting on Sponsor-affiliated websites, Application, television and/or other Sponsor-selected media). In addition, Entrant hereby assigns to the Sponsor all rights, titles, and interests that he/she may be deemed to have in any reproduction, product, or derivative work using or incorporating the Entry. Entrant further agrees to waive any moral rights in the Entry. Automated, script, macro or robotic Entries submitted by individuals or organizations will be disqualified. If, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, the Entry appears to have resulted in any injury or bodily harm, it will be rejected. Entries must be in keeping with Sponsor’s image and may not be offensive, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, nor can it defame or invade publicity rights or privacy rights of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person’s personal or proprietary rights. In such an event, Entrant will be disqualified from the Contest. Submitted Entries (or portions thereof) may be posted on the Application after they have been screened. Any Entry deemed inappropriate or unsuitable or in bad taste, in Sponsor’s sole discretion will be disqualified and may be removed from the Application at any time. Any Entry not in compliance with the above and which does not meet the requirements of these Official Rules and those of the Application will be disqualified. Videos must be in keeping with Sponsor’s image and may not be offensive, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such an event, the video will not be posted online and will be disqualified from the Contest. All Entries submitted become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. No information regarding Entries or judging, other than as otherwise set forth in the Official Rules will be disclosed.
5. Judging to determine the Finalists: All Entries will be judged on or about 1/07/11 – 1/09/11 by a Sponsor-selected panel of judges based on the following criteria: Originality and creativity (33%); Quality of submission (33%); and Relevance to the theme of the Contest (34%), to determine eight (8) Finalists, who will be posted online for public voting as described below. In the event of a tie, tied Entries will be re-judged based solely on Quality of submission.
6. Voting Grand Prize Winners: The public voting to determine the Grand Prize winners will take place between 12:01 a.m. ET on January 10, 2011 and 11:59:59 p.m. ET on January 17, 2011 (“Voting Period”), by accessing the Application, registering and following the voting instructions. Any votes submitted before 12:01 a.m. ET on January 10, 2010 or after 11:59:59 p.m. ET on January 17, 2011 will not be counted. Individuals may vote only one time per Entry, per day during the Voting Period. The use of robotic or automatic devices for voting is prohibited and Sponsor reserves the right to nullify all such votes and to disqualify from voting the responsible individual. Judges’ decisions are final with respect to all matters relating to the Contest. By participating, Entrants agree to the Official Rules and the decisions of the Judges, which shall be final and binding in all respects. In the event of a tie during the Voting Period, Sponsor will make the final determination as to the winners.
7. Prizes and Approximate Retail Values (“ARV”): Grand Prize (2): Two (2) Grand Prize winners will each win: One 3-day/2-night trip for winner and a guest to the Ice Hotel in Sweden from February 18, 2011 through February 20, 2011. Trip includes round-trip coach air transportation from the major U.S. airport nearest the Grand Prize winner’s home to select destination and hotel accommodations (based on double occupancy room). ARV: $4,100 each. Prizes will be awarded, provided a sufficient number of eligible Entries are received. Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions of prize allowed by winner(s), but prizes and prize components may be substituted for any reason at the discretion of the Sponsor. Prizes are not redeemable by winner for cash value. All travel must take place between 2/18/11 and 2/20/11 or Grand Prize will be forfeited. Dates of departure and return are subject to change by Sponsor. Exact flight details, dates, times and terms to be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Grand Prize does not provide spending money; all expenses not included in Grand Prize description are at winner’s own expense. Travel must be roundtrip. Sponsor will determine airline and flight itinerary in its sole discretion. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel and accommodations are subject to availability. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Sweepstakes, and those set forth by the Sponsor’s airline carrier of choice as detailed in the passenger ticket contract. All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the package description above, including but not limited to, ground transportation, meals, incidentals, gratuities, passenger tariffs or duties, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes or other expenses are the responsibility solely of winner. All travel companions must be eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of departure and must travel on same itinerary and at the same time as the winner. Winner and guests are solely responsible for obtaining any required travel documents and travel insurance. Each travel companion must execute liability/publicity releases prior to issuance of tickets. Travel restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. Taxes, as applicable, related to all prizes including income taxes related to the Grand Prize are the responsibility of the individual winner. Limit one Grand Prize per person/address/email address.
8. General Rules: Potential Finalists will be notified initially by email and/or phone. Sponsor will make three (3) attempts to contact the potential Grand Prize winners within twenty-four (24) hours from the time winner selection is accomplished. If a Grand Prize winner is not reachable at the telephone number, and/or e-mail address provided and a forwarding e-mail address is not made available or if prize notification is returned as undeliverable, then the Grand Prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected, if time permits. Potential Finalists will then be required to print out, sign and return via prepaid overnight return mail/email an Affidavit of Eligibility, liability/publicity release (except where prohibited by law) and an assignment of rights (travel companion, or travel companion’s parent/legal guardian, will be required to sign and return liability release with Grand Prize winner’s documents) within three (3) days of notification attempt or the prize will be forfeited and alternate winner may be determined. Return of prize or prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and alternate determination.Trips may not be combined with any other offer and travel may not qualify for frequent flyer miles.By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the judges. The Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the Entries in the Contest or for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, accessing or downloading information in connection with the Contest. The Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or Application; violates the Official Rules; or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, then the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel the Contest and determine the Finalists from among all eligible Entries received prior to cancellation, based on the same criteria listed in Rule #5 above.
9. Release: You represent and warrant that: (i) all rights to the video belong to and are original to you, or you have written consent to use, and the video do not and shall not infringe on any copyright or any other third party right nor violate any applicable law or regulation, (ii) you have the right to grant any and all necessary rights and licenses provided herein, including without limitation, all necessary copyright and other related rights to the video, free and clear of all claims and encumbrances without violating the rights of any person or entity, including any right to privacy or publicity, (iii) you hereby hold the Sponsor harmless from and against any third party claim arising from use of the video and you waive any right to inspect or approve uses of the video or to be compensated for any such uses. Participating in the Contest constitutes permission to the Sponsor and its agencies to use Entrants’ names, biographical information, pictures/portraits, likenesses and/or voices, video, for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. By participating in the Contest, the Entrant and any guest agrees that Sponsor, its respective parent, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, agents, retailers, advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their respective shareholders, officers, directors, employees and assigns, members, representatives and agents, will have no liability whatsoever for, and will be held harmless by entrant for any liability for any bodily injury, loss or damages of any kind to persons, including death, and property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from Entry creation, the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize, if applicable or participation in the Contest or participation in any contest or related activity. You hereby represent and warrant that you have read these Official Rules and are fully familiar with its contents.