Back when I first showed a spyshot of the Saab 9-3 Griffin earlier this month, there were some people who were finding it hard to pick out the changes that were being made to the car.
The changes are subtle, sure, but they are there.
Carl-Henrik has done us all a favour by laying out three portraits, side by side, so that the changes to the ‘face’ of the Griffin (Aero) model can be seen a little easier. He’s also included a Saab 9-5 so you can see the family connection a little easier.
From left to right:
- ‘old’ Saab 9-3,
- Saab 9-3 Aero Griffin,
- Saab 9-5.
- The lower section of the front air dam is now painted
- The grille in the lower air dam is now a mesh type
- The foglamp ‘holes’ have changed shape to be more like the 9-5 surrounds
- The foglamps themselves have a chrome surround directly around the lamp
- The Saab wordmark is much more prominent on the front grille, a-la the 9-5
The headlamp glass also looks different, but I have a feeling that’s more to do with image processing than it is to do with the actual headlamps.
My thanks to Carl-Henrik!