It’s my final full month in charge of SU, so a final month’s worth of site statistics seems to be in order.
February 2011 saw Saab’s Independence Day celebrations as well as the build up to the Geneva Motor Show so it was a great month for Saabs United in the stats department. One of the best ever, actually.
Saabs United served up 641,483 page views in February. Considering that a normal 30- or 31-day month usually sees around 540,000 pages, this is exceptionally good for a 28-day month (and as an aside, the last 30 days from today – which includes both Geneva and Independence Day – has seen over 780,000 pages served).
Those pages were served to 85,551 unique visitors during the month.
The 5 most popular articles read during February reflect the Independence Day (Edition) effect:
- Saab 9-3 Independence Edition
- Saab 9-5 SportCombi Spyshots
- Independence Day
- Tiago photoshops the Saab Design Concept for Geneva (now known as Phoenix)
- More on Saab’s Independence Day edition for 2011
39% of visitors
need a seeing eye dog are using Internet Explorer, which means that 39% could have had a much more pleasant visual experience like the 25% using Firefox, the 19% using Safari or the 13% using Chrome (like me 🙂 )
Three of the top four native languages spoken by visitors are languages other than English (those being Swedish, German and Dutch). Some would say the #1 language spoken by visitors also falls into that category, being “En-US”
Just jokes, Americanos.
That language stat is a bit bizarre, actually. It would appear that some poeple outside the US have their language setting on En-US because for the first time in a long time, the US didn’t lead the visitation stats.
Here are the top 10 countries for February 2011…. there’s plenty of interest from Germany. If only that would translate into sales.
Some of the more unusual search terms that led people to Saabs United during February:
- 103 searches looking for “Swade Viggen Crash” (yikes!)
- 76 searches were looking for “ctm” (I wish he was back, too)
- 47 searches look to confirm that “fuel economy is the devil” (I knew I wasn’t alone)
- 40 searches for “at least you’re in the ultimate driving machine as i zoom off in my saab”
- 6 searches for “sofie from saab” (Stalkers! Leave our Sofie alone)
It’s nice to finish up with a big month. I’m sure March is actually going to be even bigger.
Thanks for your continued interest in SU and participation in a great Saab community.