So chassis number 175 has been my car now for almost a month to the day. A nicely appointed Aero Turbo4 with manual transmission and all the bells and whistles. I had a 9-5 on the order block with a dealer in March but due to the situation then I never signed the contract. So in september I started to search the market and found this 11000 kilometer car. What a dream car it has been.
So what are the pros and cons? Most of You guys know I have driven virtually every Saab imaginable so I believe I can with some expertise pass a few judgements.
– Great comfort and sport combination with the HiPer chassis with the individual adjustments
– World class over-all feel behind the nicely sculptured steering-wheel.
– Infotainment/phone/DVD/nav/DAB systems works seamless.
– Performance of the 2 liter 4 cylinder ECO tech engine with Hirsch upgrade + stainless quad exhaust is very good.
– Nice green ambient light with small green LED´s in tons of various places.
– Really high geared gearbox. Cruising at 90 km/h at a just 1500 rpm
– Really nice parchment interior feels really roomy and it is
– Backseat comfort with the feel of a long limousine, add to that the rear climate zone and the 2 8″ screens and the multitude of electronic connections.
– The white numbering of speedo etc should have been green and needles orange. Todays white light glares in the plastic tunnels of the dashboard.
– The A-pillars are bulky and reduces the field of view but I bet they could save life when that Moose/elk comes to close
– Flimsy sunshades that are not double as the old 9-5.
– Flimsy imprecise plastic lids of the compartments in the booth.
– Why did they not do the signature tube light up front into a daytime running light just like iduA?
– One USB connector nearer to the dashboard or on top of the dashboard for “Devices”.
– Foglights up front should have the same color temperature as the Xenon headlights.
Verdict: Minor faults will not change the overall rating. This is by far the very best Saab ever produced. It leaves previous 9-5 and the current 9-3 far behind. When I compare to my old TurboX, this car feels more than 10 years newer. The super solid feel, driving feel, steering and luxury makes this Saab the natural choice for not only the Saab enthusiast but any driver who wants a great drive.
Just lets pray for a fast restart of the production so more driver will experience the NEW 9-5.
There is a Facebook group for NG 9-5 owners: